What a shitty home support

MrWinningSmith

MrWinningSmith

So I saw a clip of Hibs goalkeeper scoring a goal today on SSN and thought to myself... That stadium is empty. Upon looking at the BBC Sport website I saw that their attendance was 9,390 today.

And they say they are the big team :cornette:

We have more season ticket holders than their first attendance at Easter Road :pleasing:

Forever in our shadow.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They don't say they're the big team... the sound of people laughing their cocks off would drown all fourteen of them out anyway.

Hot since 86

That's really bad for an opening game of the season. Is that a lot worse than previous openers or about the same?

Say What Again

I got texts at 1-0 and 2-0. Blanket silence at 2-1. I take pleasure knowing that they once again thought they were big cheese (without even sparing a thought that's in the same division as Alloa), only to be utterly shiting themselves for the last 15 mins.

I love hibs.

Still hope they go into administration though. Kleenex are on stand by.

So I saw a clip of Hibs goalkeeper scoring a goal today on SSN and thought to myself... That stadium is empty. Upon looking at the BBC Sport website I saw that their attendance was 9,390 today.

And they say they are the big team :cornette:

We have more season ticket holders than their first attendance at Easter Road :pleasing:

Forever in our shadow.

last I heard the number of season tickets we sold was around the 12,300 mark

All I heard on the radio today was what a great crowd it was and what a fantastic atmosphere and how they are going to be better than us.

What pash!

Snake Plissken

9,300 is an excellent turnout for a game outside the top flight and most SPFL clubs would do well to match that. In fact, other than Celtic, only Aberdeen will realistically be likely to do so this season.

It's a considerably smaller turnout than we'll manage this season but that's because we are a demonstrably bigger club than Hibs. They are in this division on merit and we're here on a technicality, having spent last season with our hands and feet tied. On an equal footing, Hibs have no chance of competing with us. Last season was their best chance ever to assert dominance and all they had to show for it was one narrow win courtesy of a late penalty at home.

They will never have another chance like that again and they blew it so spectacularly, it almost defies belief. Given their calamitous on-field fortunes for as long as I can remember, I'd say over 9000 is quite an achievement.

9,300 is an excellent turnout for a game outside the top flight and most SPFL clubs would do well to match that. In fact, other than Celtic, only Aberdeen will realistically be likely to do so this season.

It's a considerably smaller turnout than we'll manage this season but that's because we are a demonstrably bigger club than Hibs. They are in this division on merit and we're here on a technicality, having spent last season with our hands and feet tied. On an equal footing, Hibs have no chance of competing with us. Last season was their best chance ever to assert dominance and all they had to show for it was one narrow win courtesy of a late penalty at home.

They will never have another chance like that again and they blew it so spectacularly, it almost defies belief. Given their calamitous on-field fortunes for as long as I can remember, I'd say over 9000 is quite an achievement.

Nicely put. A perfect mix of condescending, passive aggressive schadenfreude. :lol::thumbsup:

Fxxx the SPFL

Hobbit at my work was telling me that his mate is the Livi goalkeeper and is seemingly a big hobo hope he didn't deliberatly let in the goal !!!!!!!

Silvery_Moon

Over 9000 for a club of Hibs size is actually good for them. It's not as if they can be compared to our crowds. We are a bigger club - end of story.

Footballfirst

I just saw a clip of the keeper's goal on youtube. In the clip he picks it up at 7 seconds and hoof's it forward at 22 seconds.Technically it shouldn't have been allowed as the keeper is only allowed to hold the ball for 6 seconds. It's one of these rules that exist, but never seen to be enforced by Referees.

Regal Kingston

I still think it wasn't a penalty. Great post

I can only remember, very occasionally seeing that rule being enforced for obvious time wasting late in the second half of matches.

Keeper under instructions to run the clock down at 1-0 with over 70 mins to go is embarrrassing, not as embarrassing as the Livie keeper though.

Chris Benoit

I just saw a clip of the keeper's goal on youtube. In the clip he picks it up at 7 seconds and hoof's it forward at 22 seconds.Technically it shouldn't have been allowed as the keeper is only allowed to hold the ball for 6 seconds. It's one of these rules that exist, but never seen to be enforced by Referees.

Good spot. It's one of those ones that annoys me and I don't know why players don't appeal more to get an indirect free kick in the oppositions box.

I thought you weren't allowed to score directly from a hoof like that out of the hands? Or did that rule change as I'm sure I've seen a goal or two chalked off for it!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hobbit at my work was telling me that his mate is the Livi goalkeeper and is seemingly a big hobo hope he didn't deliberatly let in the goal !!!!!!!

Looked a bit dodgy right enough. Rules of goalkeeping is on dry summer pitches you move back about five yards on any through balls. I know this from speaking to an ex goalie.

We all know they have a shan support but do we really have to start a new thread nearly ever week about Hibs attendances.

We say they're obsessed with us....

Richard Dawkins

That goal should never have counted as the goal keeper had the ball in his possession a lot longer than 6 seconds.

Does the rule not concern holding the ball? Hence bouncing it resets the clock each time.

His name is 'Snake Plissken' and I agree with his post above

Footballfirst

Does the rule not concern holding the ball? Hence bouncing it resets the clock each time.

Bouncing it is still retaining possession, otherwise keepers would be able to pick the ball up roll it for a bit and pick it up again, which is not allowed.

From the Laws of the Game (Law 12)

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

? controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession

? touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his possession and before it has touched another player

? touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate

? touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate

Archived