Tickets Giveaway

LoveNgoo

This season, as I done last season too, I bought an extra set of Adult and Under 12 season tickets to give away on a match by match basis to people who maybe can't afford to attend the football due to financial difficulties.

As these tickets will be going to different people all the time I requested at the ticket office if I could get tickets printed out match by match so I can just give the tickets away instead of dropping off smart cards and picking them back up again. Astonishingly I've been told that they can't do this, despite me doing it last year. It's really unfortunate as weeks where I'm really busy I'm gonna struggle to arrange for people to have these tickets which mean there's gonna be 2 empty seats which is a real shame.

Can't help you out with your problem but I will tell you what it's a bloody great gesture you are doing.Top stuff.

Francis Albert

I'd guess he is asking if anyone can think of a good reason why the club can't do what they did last year.

The Treasurer

I would suggest that you contact the TO on a game by game basis (a pain I know) telling them the ST is not being used and get them to print out the tickets for uplifting by the individual who is going to use the tickets.

Not ideal but I think it's probably a way round the problem.

Great gesture by the way mate

Francis Albert

Not the old "why didn't he ask the club?" line. Maybe he did but is still entitled to comment on the message board.

The club it seems to me would be entitled to charge a small admin fee but not right to simply refuse.

I went into the TO yesterday and was told that I could do it on a game by game basis but not until the day of the game apparently. I found that odd but didn't question it. I'm in the middle of sending in an email to see if there's anything further that can be done but if that is the case then I will probably donate them to JKB and they can be raffled off or something.

Nookie Bear

Not the old "why didn't he ask the club?" line. Maybe he did but is still entitled to comment on the message board.

Seems like he asked the TO but the response was correct, but not ideal considering the gesture.

In this situation I would sggest he contacts the club direct and I am sure they can arrange something for him (and any others who want to do something similar). Due to its community links the club may already have a note of grateful recipients for these tickets.

Heartsofgold

LN, I may take you up on these tickets through the season. would be more than willing to meet up with you to pick them up.

3fingersreid

Great gesture :)

I know it's not ideal but can't you leave the cards at the ticket office permanently to be collected and then returned by the user of the cards?

Obviously confirmation of names and addresses before cards get handed out

Could you not have a standing arrangement that whoever will use the tickets simply calls into the TO themselves to uplift the tickets prior to the gamme?

This should not inconvenience you or the TO?

What about asking a local pub if they can be kept there? You could email them during the week to say who''s picking up and the person that's getting the tickets could pick them up and drop them off again after the match. I'm sure quite a few of the pubs in Gorgie wouldn't have a huge problem keeping them somewhere in the back room.

Great gesture btw.

Dagger Is Back

I went into the TO yesterday and was told that I could do it on a game by game basis but not until the day of the game apparently. I found that odd but didn't question it. I'm in the middle of sending in an email to see if there's anything further that can be done but if that is the case then I will probably donate them to JKB and they can be raffled off or something.

First off, what a brilliant gesture. Good on you boss.

Secondly, I've been in and out of the TO for the last 18 months asking for printed tickets to help with distribution which has been a big job (so I know exactly where you're coming from).

I'm going in on Monday to sort out tickets for the derby and I'm not expecting any problems.

I'll let you know how I get on albeit my situation is slighty different from yours, I don't want the hassle of only being able to get printed tickets on the day as that would make distribution potentially more difficult. If I do have a prob though I'll be speaking to Mark Waterstone (who is a good lad) to explain the situation and see how it can be resolved.

I'm sure once the powers that be realise that we're talking about 'donation' initiatives, they'll see sense.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I just see it as a way of giving something back to fellow Jambos and football in general. I grew up in a tough area and times were hard but a certain Jimmy Sandison was mates with my dad and I got to every game and I felt very privileged to have done so. If my gesture can hook one other wee boy to the famous like it did me then that's brilliant.

TyphoonJambo

Thanks for all the comments guys, I just see it as a way of giving something back to fellow Jambos and football in general. I grew up in a tough area and times were hard but a certain Jimmy Sandison was mates with my dad and I got to every game and I felt very privileged to have done so. If my gesture can hook one other wee boy to the famous like it did me then that's brilliant.

you sir, make me proud to be a Jambo. Can we guess what "tough area" you grew up in?

Phenomenal my dear man. if you ever need a hand getting the tickets to people then let me know as im based on Gorgie Rd.

chester copperpot

I emailed the TO this morning, as I had punted my ST to a mates mate for the game. The girl in the TO was immensely helpful and has got my mates mate name printed on a paper copy so he can pick up anytime next week, so I'm sure whoever told you that info was spouting a whole load of guff.

What a guy though doing what you did. Much kudos to a good guy! :thumb:

Well done LN.

A very worthy gesture. Couldn't the ticket office hold onto the tickets permanently and you email details of the weekly recipients to the TO, who then print off paper copies when the recipient turns up to collect. That way the cards never leave the TO.

you sir, make me proud to be a Jambo. Can we guess what "tough area" you grew up in?

Probably Pennywell as that's where Sando grew up.

Probably Pennywell as that's where Sando grew up.

Pennywell Road was classed as 'middle ground' and nobody from either side of the divide dared to cross unless they were team handed :rofl:

Unless you obviously want to pick and choose who the tickets go to, are you not able to donate these to "big hearts" or something?

Tear jerking stuff LN - we truly have the best fans on the planet!

HHGH!

Sandison stayed in May Court in Muirhouse.

Not when he played for Hearts tho. :thumbsup:

My week just got a whole lot worse as my mate was sorting tickets for Ibrox on Sunday but has just informed me he forgot to get them! So if anybody knows of 2 spare tickets then let me know please. Thanks.

Pissing in the wind here but if anyone has two spares for tomorrow then I'll buy them off you. Fingers and legs crossed.

TyphoonJambo

Pennywell Road was classed as 'middle ground' and nobody from either side of the divide dared to cross unless they were team handed :rofl:

True, I remember running battles with the YMM and the YPD. I am from muirhouse myself and I thought sandi was as well. So I will guess Muirhouse. Great gesture.

tynie chris

Can't help you out with your problem but I will tell you what it's a bloody great gesture you are doing.Top stuff.

Well done Fellow Jambo.

Archived