Robbie has us prepared....in case.

Turkishcap

Got to hand it to him as Hearts have been working on being down to 10 men v sevco, he knows the score!

ps cannot paste link today.

Good shout Robbie - and laying down a marker in the media is a smart move.

Good shout Robbie - and laying down a marker in the media is a smart move.

Savvy

As I was saying last year about Locke - unsavvy

Night and day

Clerry Jambo

So in the event of being reduced to 10 men, we'll play 4-5-0, in true Levein fashion.

If it gets the right result, then why not???

I reckon this is a psychological thing with the referees too: "We know what you're like"

Drawing attention to the issue before the game in a subtle manner.

Take it Scott Robinson was sitting at the side when they were doing this practice then

:lol:

Scott Robinson always gets red carded lol

Francis Albert

I hope he has also emphasised the need to avoid needless yellows and reds. A bit puzzled by going public on this - if an attempt to influence the officials might misfire.

Maybe Robbie is playing mind games with the ref ahead of this one getting it out there to suggest teams are harshly treated. :2thumbsup:

Take it Scott Robinson was sitting at the side when they were doing this practice then

Robinson is suspended for the first 2 games of the season anyway.

:lol:

Scott Robinson always gets red carded lol

Nah, but good at picking up yellows which at Ibrox could easily be reds as we saw last night, which was borderline. Anyway, I think it's down the wings we need to be careful on Sunday, especially if Temps is playing. Good that we're preparing for a few different eventualities however.

Arnold Rothstein

10 men can still win a game!!!

What if we're one up with 10 mins to go? I would definitely be going with something akin to 4-5-0.

I hope he has also emphasised the need to avoid needless yellows and reds. A bit puzzled by going public on this - if an attempt to influence the officials might misfire.

Agree with the first bit - not your last comment. I think Robbie is being smart here - a ploy implemented by OF managers for years.

tartofmidlothian

"...and Neilson is conscious that away teams can sometimes be harshly treated in Glasgow."

:rofl: There's an understatement. Fair play to Banderson for pointing it out though.

Malcolm Tucker

It was probably Danny Wilson, who was sent off twice last year.

Maybe he thought it was a good idea after seeing us be fined for the tenth year on the trot regarding our indiscipline.

Good to see that all scenarios are being looked at in training though, but no need to go public with it.

Maybe he thought it was a good idea after seeing us be fined for the tenth year on the trot regarding our indiscipline.

Good to see that all scenarios are being looked at in training though, but no need to go public with it.

Disagree - we need to work the media. The OF have been experts for years!

Francis Albert

The idea that we will get the same result in playing the media or officials as the OF get seems a touch naive.

The idea that we will get the same result in playing the media or officials as the OF get seems a touch naive.

Maybe so, but worth a punt - I'm backing Robbie on this.

Clark Griswold

makes a change from the ugly sisters trying to do this over the years. Well done Robbie, Kudos

Middle Med Jambo

There may be an element of attempting to play the media but this has only made headlines on the back of an Edinburgh team receiving a dubious red card last night. No doubt a loaded question from the journo and one which Robbie has answered honestly.

RustyRightPeg

I thought the sending off was a bit touch and go, you see folk being booked for tackles from behind (that's fair enough) but I think it was the scissor motion the referee went with. The way he wrapped his legs round Temps (Wee B*stard) could be seen as dangerous and wreckless?

Wonder if he's got tactics for an eleven against seven scenario? Fifteen years ago - seems like yesterday.

PS - should really have said twelve against seven to be strictly accurate.

See all those people kicking off 2 months ago when Locke was "sacked".

I think it's been proved beyond reasonable doubt already to have been the correct decision

We_are_the_Hearts

I think it's been proved beyond reasonable doubt already to have been the correct decision

Absolutely. As much as Gary is a great Jambo we have a far more modern and professional approach now.

grantaitchie8

I think it's clever. After a dubious call last night that favoured Rangers, more eyes will be on the ref on Sunday to ensure the same doesn't happen with us.

Wonder if he's got tactics for an eleven against seven scenario? Fifteen years ago - seems like yesterday.

Why only 12? If I recall, at least 1 linesman had bionic hearing that day.

Robbie's appointment is looking very promising however, the real test will be how we are faring in the Championship after 12 games or so.

Why only 12? If I recall, at least 1 linesman had bionic hearing that day.

Indeed. Not to mention Pointin's serious assault on the goal post - that was a Police matter surely.

I think it's clever. After a dubious call last night that favoured Rangers, more eyes will be on the ref on Sunday to ensure the same doesn't happen with us.

I don't think that a dubious call favouring rangers last night will bring them more media attention. The last 140 of footballing history stands as evidence.

According to some on here its all just paranoia. They obviously never supported Hearts till Rangers went bust.

SwindonJambo

18 years ago actually :uhoh2: . I seem to remember 1 of them being Pointon - for kicking a goal post!!!! In an apparent sporting gesture, Gough pleaded with the ref not to send off the 4th man, knowing fine well that a further red would have forced an abandonment.

But yes, we do indeed have a long history of being treated liked the dot above the i in the word sh!te there.

Very possible I have spelt prepeared rong please excuse.

You also spelt rong wrong :bulb2:

So in the event of being reduced to 10 men, we'll play 4-5-0, in true Levein fashion.

Anyone got a 'not sure if serious' gif for this one?

Maroonblood22

Glad I watched that just now, I'm even more fired up for getting it right up them on Sunday! Robbie just needs to show that video to the players and we're sorted!

Got to hand it to him as Hearts have been working on being down to 10 men v sevco, he knows the score!

ps cannot paste link today.

The ref is not geographically neutral as he comes from Paisley, a stone's throw from Ibrox. RN knows well the score and that was reinforced last night with the sending off of Handling for the type of offence that the likes of Black and McCulloch commit nearly every game without a booking. It is a sad indictment of the SPFL that a manager goes into such games with this negative but necessary planning. They should take a hard look at themselves.

What are our recent sendings off at Ibrox? Eggert Johnsson's ridiculous red card was there wasn't it? I recall Nade getting another pathetic red card too, perhaps the game wee Robinson came on and scored in the last few mins?

The ref is not geographically neutral as he comes from Paisley, a stone's throw from Ibrox. RN knows well the score and that was reinforced last night with the sending off of Handling for the type of offence that the likes of Black and McCulloch commit nearly every game without a booking. It is a sad indictment of the SPFL that a manager goes into such games with this negative but necessary planning. They should take a hard look at themselves.

They never will mate. OF bias has been engrained in Scottish football for years.

Archived