Official Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony Thread

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's meant to be a mix of music and a typical night out in Glasgow. Can't wait to see some wee Jakey come on and stick the nut into Lulu.

It's meant to be a mix of music and a typical night out in Glasgow. Can't wait to see some wee Jakey come on and stick the nut into Lulu.

I'd rather stick something else into Lulu.

Guest C00l K1d

Looking forward to see the big massive wheely bins being wheeled out with a couple pegging beside it then.

Apparently they only had like a 15 hour window to set up this closing ceremony.

Pretty impressive.

All that effort for Lulu.FFS Glasgow!! The world is watching and they put that old bag on singing a song from 50 years ago.

Ibrahim Tall

I can almost understand Lulu if they're trying to create a "party" atmosphere, but Deacon Blue? Can hardly here a ******* word they're singing not that anyone outside the Scottish team will probably have heard of them anyway mind you...

It's like a Hogmanay show. Only worse.

I fear that Runrig will appear and turn it into just that.

Guest C00l K1d

Ah cmon what were you expecting? Some music acts with big thanks to everyone involved. I think it's been alright so far (until runrig/proclaimers get wheeled out)

What's the tents all aboot though? Something to fill in the space?

I'd say this is great exposure for these nobodies, but this song is poor, and this performance will be forgotten in about 20 minutes.

Ibrahim Tall

Ah cmon what were you expecting? Some music acts with big thanks to everyone involved. I think it's been alright so far (until runrig/proclaimers get wheeled out)

Trying to make it seem like T in the Park I think.

The artistic director wanted it to look like a music festival. Conveniently, it's also really easy to just shove a load of pop-up tents down and get loads of people to dance around a bit.

rossthejambo

They said something about it being like a festival.

Never heard of these jokers before though.

Guest C00l K1d

Fair enough :laugh:

Tents looked a bit weird tho.

That band were pretty shit, but good on them pushing what i can only presume is an up and coming scottish act.

Ibrahim Tall

Not easier to just get Mylo out for a set? Was about the only decent thing about the opening ceremony. Better than this one song then awkward silent walk and set up.

Fair enough :laugh:

Tents looked a bit weird tho.

That band were pretty shit, but good on them pushing what i can only presume is an up and coming scottish act.

They were like a really shit Bastille. And Bastille are really shit.

"Our hearts are filled with pride" - then why do you have the face of a man who's cat has just been run over?

Guest C00l K1d

Morph is cheerleader in chief on this thread! :laugh:

:laugh:

It's been pretty decent though for what it is. I certainly wasn't this praising of the opening ceremony!

Troops in the stands paid cash for this gig or was it free?

Paid for it and big bucks too.

Opening Ceremony ?40, ?80, ?120, ?180, ?250

Closing Ceremony ?30, ?50, ?80, ?120, ?200

Archived