Hearts Income and Expenditure during admin

Footballfirst

So, over a 15 month period, we spent ?36k on Repairs and Maintenance.

Yet another Hibs myth busted that our "asbestos ridden death trap of a main stand" is dangerously draining our finances.

Not just a Hibs myth, I'm afraid. It's one of the first items on the agenda of those Hearts fans who'd have us sitting in a half-empty, slightly larger version of McDiarmid Park somewhere near the bypass.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarmerTweedy

Our award winning programme costing us almost double to produce than we bring in.

Presumably Ambulance costs are for there to be one on standby at matches?

And what do we own that we would bring in rent money from?

Some of the income listed as advertising income will be from the programme, so the sales figure won't be all we bring in.

Not just a Hibs myth, I'm afraid. It's one of the first items on the agenda of those Hearts fans who'd have us sitting in a half-empty, slightly larger version of McDiarmid Park somewhere near the bypass.

I'm sure it would suit some, but I can't think of anything worse.

Francis Albert

During the last couple of years I have thought of a few things worse. Why assume a new 20000 plus stadium would be half empty?. I m not saying that's what I want but you really can't think of anything worse?

During the last couple of years I have thought of a few things worse. Why assume a new 20000 plus stadium would be half empty?. I m not saying that's what I want but you really can't think of anything worse?

Ok - nuclear warfare would be a bit of an inconvenience.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

This x 100!

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Tynecastle - main stand and all - is our biggest asset. Without the emotional pull of the place I don't believe we would have escaped admin through fan efforts and we would not have sold 12,000 STs for the championship.

johnking123

We do have sort our main stand out. A 9-10 thousand main stand would be perfect. A well run hmfc would have sell outside.

johnking123

We do have sort our main stand out. A 9-10 thousand main stand would be perfect. A well run hmfc would have sell outs.

Francis Albert

Clearly the liqiuidation of the club would have been more than an inconvenience. As for the survival of Hearts being wholly dependent on the emotional appeal of Tynecastle - bollocks. Every game we played at Murrayfield, the hated freezing and two thirds empty and totally unsuitable venue that would mean certain death attracted more people than Tynecasle's capacity.

Clearly the liqiuidation of the club would have been more than an inconvenience. As for the survival of Hearts being wholly dependent on the emotional appeal of Tynecastle - bollocks. Every game we played at Murrayfield, the hated freezing and two thirds empty and totally unsuitable venue that would mean certain death attracted more people than Tynecasle's capacity.

I've already argued on another thread today that the speculation that a move to Murrayfield would have killed Hearts was no more than that - just speculation. But at the same time I think using the fixtures we did play at Murrayfield as an example of what life there would have been like in the SPL would not be sensible. Maybe that's not what you're trying to do, though.

It wasn't purely emotional, but you know that.

Financially, going to Murrayfield whilst still in significant debt, as a loss making business, taking on extra rental costs was not going to end well.

And trying to compare big European nights there to pretend the stadium was suitable is even more cringeworthy than your usual nonsense :rofl:

Archived