Foyle Cup action for Hearts youngsters

King Of The Cat Cafe

No FF. Getting updates from wee doigy's dad.. Been scrappy so far. Derry are normally decent in my experience.

Are you there?

If they win they will play Donegal Schools in the semi final. Donegal beat Waterford 1-0 in the quarters

Footballfirst

There is still 1 minute to go. Waiting on an ambulance for a Derry player..

Those thugs in Hearts colours once again? :whistling:

Pity I have to go out now.

Nice to hear good things about scottie and all the young hearts lads, let's hope for another good result tonight.

Footballfirst

The U12s lost 2-4 in their play off game to Waterford Schools. Now can only finish 7th or 8th, which is a bit disappointing given their group performance.

petefichesser

Nice to hear good things about scottie and all the young hearts lads, let's hope for another good result tonight.

We_are_the_Hearts

Our scouting system needs looked at from 14s downwards. Other teams networks and presence at games seems to be better. Maybe due to the last few years crisis

jamboinglasgow

Our scouting system needs looked at from 14s downwards. Other teams networks and presence at games seems to be better. Maybe due to the last few years crisis

I am sure I read somewhere (think in an interview with Levein) he mentioned that they changing their scouting and what they are looking for in a player. I do think the lack of investment in the academy last few years (where Romanov's "investment" was just paying wages and claiming that was money they put in and HYDC were the ones who were putting in real money into improving things) has not helped things. With new investment in the academy you would hope scouting would improve, so could they look to cover scouts expenses, look to have a wider network.

Footballfirst

The U12s beat Maiden City Academy 4-1 in their final game to finish 7th in the cup competition.

Archived