Scott Gallacher

Jambo_Jarman

Jambo_Jarman

We're interested in signing the former Rangers keeper according to Barry Anderson on Twitter.

Was third choice at Ibrox last season but, then again, he obviously didn't fit into McCoist's vision for an over 35s team to win a league trophy.

Jamboscanbevicius

Seems a reasonable shout. Good standard. Free agent. Former understudy to Alexander (so if true it means our GK coach rates him)

Seems a reasonable shout. Good standard. Free agent. Former understudy to Alexander (so if true it means our GK coach rates him)

Or Knows that he defo will get a game ahead of him!

Jamboscanbevicius

Or Knows that he defo will get a game ahead of him!

Incredibly cynical viewpoint, but fair enough.

From Robbie's comments it seems like we are not looking for a first choice. I think it is already decided that NA is no 1. So this age bracket of early to mid 20s looking to make the breakthrough to first choice is likely where we will focus our efforts IMO. Would be a decent standard for a second choice GK.

tartofmidlothian

Seems a sensible choice as backup, be happy to see him join. Although not the kind of player who's likely to make the jersey his own when Alexander stands down. Hopefully when that happens Hamilton's ready for the step up, either that or another Bosman of course.

Incredibly cynical viewpoint, but fair enough.

From Robbie's comments it seems like we are not looking for a first choice. I think it is already decided that NA is no 1. So this age bracket of early to mid 20s looking to make the breakthrough to first choice is likely where we will focus our efforts IMO. Would be a decent standard for a second choice GK.

It was a little jokesy for a Thursday morning, relax.

Jamboscanbevicius

It was a little jokesy for a Thursday morning, relax.

Fair enough fella. It's difficult to tell on here at the minute!

heartsfc_fan

He's 25 - so that would probably put him ahead of Jack Hamilton in the pecking order.

If the price is right, then why not. I don't know much about him though.

He's 25 - so that would probably put him ahead of Jack Hamilton in the pecking order.

May look to put Jack out on loan again

heartsfc_fan

May look to put Jack out on loan again

Possibly.

We do need another keeper though. If Alexander or Hamilton get injured, we'll have a young lad sitting on the bench.

My Bluenosed pal through west was really surprised at him being released. He reckons he's an excellent keeper.

letsalldothebeattie

Would be a decent shout for back up keeper. A few mates who are Huns rated him quite highly and thought he would be getting his chance following the clubs death but Sally didnt see it that way.

Think ridgers leaving will have been as much his choice, he wasn't guaranteed 1st team football and he'd been here for about 7 years. At least at St mirren he'll be challenging for the no1 spot. Gallacher on the other hand may well see being 2nd choice with us as a good step up, he knows Alexander and has a chance at a few 1st team appearances as well.

Malcolm Tucker

It's been Alexander's job to scout for 'keepers so it's no real surprise that Gallacher's name has come up.

Wouldn't mind him as a back-up, but as long as we get anyone as back-up I'll be happy. Wouldn't be too enthused if we started the season with only Alexander and Hamilton. Nothing against Hamilton, but he's still developing and he'd be relied upon heavily if Alexander was to get injured.

MR INCREDIBLE

My grandmother is 84 does that put her in front of them both in the pecking order.

Seems highly rated, if, as is being reported by the the rangers fans, he asked to leave, is it entirely inconceivable that Alexander may have had a quiet word....nothing official like...just a 'I happen to be looking for' type thing.

Snake Plissken

He barely played for Rangers, would he want to come here as back-up at this stage of his career?

Saw him in a 4-0 win for The Huns last season and while he was not overworked he was competent in all he did.

So Make Some Noise..

My grandmother is 84 does that put her in front of them both in the pecking order.

Puts her top of my pecking order.. :uhoh2:

Falls into the "makes sense" category of signings.

I think Alexander as our number 1 for another year, and someone like Gallacher and Hamilton challenging for No1 from then makes decent sense

Say What Again

EEN report for anyone wanting to read it. http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-keen-on-former-rangers-goalkeeper-gallacher-1-3479515

HEARTS have opened talks with freed Rangers goalkeeper Scott Gallacher?s agent and will pursue a deal for trialist Osman Sow after he flew back into Edinburgh last night.

339777617.jpg

After the signing of midfielder Prince Buaben on a one-year contract was announced this morning, head coach Robbie Neilson could potentially sign another two new recruits before the new season begins.

Gallacher?s representatives were due to speak with Hearts officials again today about a potential move to the Capital for the 25-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Rangers. Neilson brought 36-year-old Neil Alexander north from Crystal Palace last month but would like another goalkeeper to improve competition.

Several Scottish Premiership clubs are also interested in Gallacher and it remains to be seen if he wants to play top-flight football or join Hearts in the Championship.

Sow arrived back in Edinburgh last night hoping to seal a contract at Tynecastle. Neilson wants to sign the imposing Swedish forward, who scored in last weekend?s friendly against East Fife, but negotations are expected to drag on into next week. Another trialist striker, Rafael Uiterloo, has returned to his native Holland with a decision yet to be made on whether he is invited back to Riccarton.

Neilson explained why he wants several attacking choices for the season ahead. He has already signed James Keatings and Soufian El Hassnaoui to compete with young forwards Dale Carrick and Gary Oliver.

?It?s important we have different options we can play in different games,? he told the Evening News. ?There will be certain games this season when we will need different things. Some teams will sit in against us, some teams will press against us, some will play with a high defensive line and others will use a deep line. I?m trying to get a variety of strikers who can do different things.

?Dale Carrick is quick, makes runs in behind and closes people down. Gary Oliver drops in and plays more in the No.?10 role. Soufian El Hassnaoui is more of an all-round guy who can do just about anything for us. He?s a clever player who can bring people into play. James Keatings is a penalty-box player. If teams are sitting in, he?s got clever movement to get himself on the ball. Sow has real blistering pace, so there?s lots of variety.?

Asked about 23-year-old Uiterloo, Neilson said: ?Rafa came through the Ajax academy and was playing in the top league in Holland at 18. Then came a big-money move to Saudi Arabia and he lost his way a bit. He found himself back from there and trying to kickstart himself again. If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it.?

Meanwhile, Hearts have appointed former Dundee chief executive Scot Gardiner in a management role to work closely with the club?s new board.

Snake Plissken

Come to think of it, the last goalkeeper we signed from Rangers wasn't half bad, eh?

This is the telling part of the piece...

"Several Scottish Premiership clubs are also interested in Gallacher and it remains to be seen if he wants to play top-flight football or join Hearts in the Championship."

So if no Spfl club offer him a contract he'll possibly sign for us..

Funny how that statement is never raised when Rangers come calling

Archived