Uknown Pleasures Fanzine Issue 3

the original dalry llama

the original dalry llama

OK, we now have a couple of opportunities for you to purchase issue 3 of the newest (and only?) Hearts related fanzine currently available. Issue 3 includes features on pre-season trips from years gone by, an Everton fan?s view of a trip to Edinburgh for the ?relegation party derby?, a look back at season 1982/83 and a Polish view of the 2012 cup final. Musical highlights include an article on Record Store Day and a mega feature on one of Edinburgh?s finest ever bands, Josef K. And much more??

So on Friday, we?ll be in the Golden Rule (downstairs bar) before the City game from 6pm onwards. On Saturday we will have a stand at the Hearts Family Fundraiser in the Gorgie Suite.

We also hope to have a very limited number of issues 1 and 2 ? best get in quick if you want one of these.

For mailing details pop on over to our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unknown-Pleasures-1874/740711835941743?ref_type=bookmark

the original dalry llama

No worries - thanks for not mentioning the obvious spelling mistake!

Josef K - great band, will have to get down to the Golden Rule on Friday.

the original dalry llama

Rob, there's also a Josef K related competition in this issue.

OK, we now have a couple of opportunities for you to purchase issue 3 of the newest (and only?) Hearts related fanzine currently available. Issue 3 includes features on pre-season trips from years gone by, an Everton fan?s view of a trip to Edinburgh for the ?relegation party derby?, a look back at season 1982/83 and a Polish view of the 2012 cup final. Musical highlights include an article on Record Store Day and a mega feature on one of Edinburgh?s finest ever bands, Josef K. And much more??

So on Friday, we?ll be in the Golden Rule (downstairs bar) before the City game from 6pm onwards. On Saturday we will have a stand at the Hearts Family Fundraiser in the Gorgie Suite.

We also hope to have a very limited number of issues 1 and 2 ? best get in quick if you want one of these.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unknown-Pleasures-1874/740711835941743?ref_type=bookmark

The fundraiser is Sunday mate.

the original dalry llama

The fundraiser is Sunday mate.

Thanks - think I was half asleep when I posted this. We will definitely be there on Sunday!

Thanks - think I was half asleep when I posted this. We will definitely be there on Sunday!

:thumbsup:

Great stuff,

I'll take advantage of the mailing option.

Good choice on the music, I once had a chat with Paul Haig before a gig he was playing and asked him who he followed. He told me that he wasn't a football fan really but if pushed it would be the famous. Incidentally, he is still making very good music these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the original dalry llama

Great stuff,

I'll take advantage of the mailing option.

Good choice on the music, I once had a chat with Paul Haig before a gig he was playing and asked him who he followed. He told me that he wasn't a football fan really but if pushed it would be the famous. Incidentally, he is still making very good music these days.

The article has a very leading question which makes Paul Haig, Malcolm Ross and Davy Weddell reveal their footballing allegiances. To read what the question was and what the responses were you'll have to buy copy though.....

Adi Dassler

Any chance you could keep copies of Issues 1and 2 aside and I can pick up from the Rule on Friday?

Have you had a word with local shops/pubs? I'll be away for the City game but would pick one up later if available. Otherwise I'll investigate mailing stuff but truth be told, I much prefer it in my mitt.

The article has a very leading question which makes Paul Haig, Malcolm Ross and Davy Weddell reveal their footballing allegiances. To read what the question was and what the responses were you'll have to buy copy though.....

Sent you a message on fb requesting what info you need etc. I'll defo buy issues 1-3

The Treasurer

I know all three of them from school days so I know the answer :tiny:

Are you going to get some t shirts made up ? Can you get Frankie to post me one over to Perth , cheers (tell him I will buy him a pint next time I'm back or will make a donation to FOH for the postage !)

the original dalry llama

Any chance you could keep copies of Issues 1and 2 aside and I can pick up from the Rule on Friday?

I have yours aside already mate - see you tomorrow.

the original dalry llama

Have you had a word with local shops/pubs? I'll be away for the City game but would pick one up later if available. Otherwise I'll investigate mailing stuff but truth be told, I much prefer it in my mitt.

We're not at the stage where we can think about that yet. Getting enough copies printed at one time is proving to be a problem. Ideally, we would like to be able to get two hundred printed when a new issue launches then print more if we sell those. The place at Haymarket quoted us ?500 to print 200 - that's ?2.75 a copy.

the original dalry llama

Are you going to get some t shirts made up ? Can you get Frankie to post me one over to Perth , cheers (tell him I will buy him a pint next time I'm back or will make a donation to FOH for the postage !)

Yeah, that's on the cards. When are you back next?

the original dalry llama

We're not at the stage where we can think about that yet. Getting enough copies printed at one time is proving to be a problem. Ideally, we would like to be able to get two hundred printed when a new issue launches then print more if we sell those. The place at Haymarket quoted us ?500 to print 200 - that's ?2.75 a copy.

That should read "The place at Haymarket quoted us ?550 to print 200 - that's ?2.75 a copy."

Keith Talent

DL- I'm def up for buying all 3 editions but can't make tomorrow or family day. I will be at Ibrox & of course Hibs game. Not on FB either but will try & work out a way of getting you a payment for the mailing option, keen to read them. Cheers.

Placid Casual

Can you keep copies of issues 1 and 2 aside for me too please? Will pick up from the Rule at 6:15-ish.

https://www.facebook...f_type=bookmark

Oxford City

Sounds brilliant. I'm away from Edinburgh at the moment and don't do Facebook, plus you apparently you can't get any more PMs - would it be possible to put aside copies of the first 3 issues for me? I could pick them up on Sunday at the fun day.

the original dalry llama

Can you keep copies of issues 1 and 2 aside for me too please? Will pick up from the Rule at 6:15-ish.

We don't have any more copies of issue 2 for tonight but should have a limited number at the fundraiser on Sunday. We'll have 1 and 3 for you tonight though.

Placid Casual

Okay, thanks :)

We don't have any more copies of issue 2 for tonight but should have a limited number at the fundraiser on Sunday. We'll have 1 and 3 for you tonight though.

the original dalry llama

Sounds brilliant. I'm away from Edinburgh at the moment and don't do Facebook, plus you apparently you can't get any more PMs - would it be possible to put aside copies of the first 3 issues for me? I could pick them up on Sunday at the fun day.

We'll be there from midday. Availability of issues 1 and 2 is very limited so get there early!

Yeah, that's on the cards. When are you back next?

Hopefully end August or September.

Frankie has been in touch . Good stall at the kids day!!

Hope you enjoyed the citeeee

Cheers

Fair enough dude. To be honest, it's not something I've ever done so I cannot understand your pain, good luck.

One suggestion, have you tried Pace Print at the south side? They help us every year for Haymarket stuff and the quality is great.

stuarty1874

Blueprint in wales used to do loads of fanzines back in the day, not sure if he still has a printers, but was cheapest around then.

catford copy centre was another quality printer.

Hopefully see some sellers on matchday?

Remnants of Standards

Just been told they'll be in the golden rule pre and post-match. Issue 3 only.

Archived