US city break for 5 nights

His name is

His name is

I'm going to a wedding in Vegas next April, I'm thinking about staying on in the US for 5 nights before coming home, but where?

NY is an obvious choice, I have been before and wouldn't mind going back, anyone got other recommendations?

Bridge of Djoum

Obviously NYC. I think Delta have just opened up a direct daily route from EDI to Chicago and Philly. Not sure those 2 cities can sustain for 5 days though.

Come to Brooklyn, great areas to pub crawl around!

Jambos_1874

New York is probably the best option. There's plenty to do, it's on the way home and there are plenty of (relatively) cheap, regular flights back to the UK. I'd say 5 days is a bit much for even New York though. If you could extend your stay a wee bit I would definitely fly to NYC, spend a few days there then get the bus up to Boston and then fly home from there.

Madam and I loved Washington DC. A really fine city, and quite a contrast to New York. Plenty to see/visit. I'd do 3 days Washington / 2 days New York.

Jambos_1874

Madam and I loved Washington DC. A really fine city, and quite a contrast to New York. Plenty to see/visit. I'd do 3 days Washington / 2 days New York.

Actually, that's a really good shout as well. DC is a great city and there's definitely a lot to see and do. It's worth it for the Lincoln Memorial alone IMO.

I'm going to a wedding in Vegas next April, I'm thinking about staying on in the US for 5 nights before coming home, but where?

NY is an obvious choice, I have been before and wouldn't mind going back, anyone got other recommendations?

Chicago.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Chicago.

This. Great city, lots to see and do.

Can't believe the people who think New York is the be all and end all of travel in the US.

DC, Chicago, New Orleans and San Fran are all great shouts.

Also Boston, Montreal, Seattle and Vancouver. Not to mention Yosemite, the Everglades or Montana.

Kalamazoo Jambo

If you want to get outdoors, Bryce and Zion National Parks are driveable from Vegas, as is the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. All three are spectacular and there are lots of other things to do within a hour or two's drive from the Grand Canyon.

City-wise, Chicago is a great shout. Washington D.C. Is especially good for museums.

The Real Maroonblood

New Orleans is a ******* fantastic city to visit.

Any time I see footage of New Orleans it makes me want to visit the place.

Looks really interesting.

hmfc_liam06

I'd say 5 days is a bit much for even New York though.

I spent 6 days there in April and only done half the stuff I intended on doing!

I'd recommend San Francisco as well, excellent time had there. Also loved San Diego, just not sure there would be enough to keep you occupied for 5 days, unless you popped down to Mexico for a short jaunt.

Really want to visit New Orleans though, so that would be high up on my list.

Obviously NYC. I think Delta have just opened up a direct daily route from EDI to Chicago and Philly. Not sure those 2 cities can sustain for 5 days though.

Come to Brooklyn, great areas to pub crawl around!

I'm going to New York later this year, looking to spend a few days in Brooklyn (tried to stay there but couldn't find any decent hotels, maybe didn't look hard enough though). Can you recommend pubs etc... to go round of an evening?

Three nights in NYC was nowhere near enough.

You'll also easily fill 5 days on Chicago.

Archived