Legal Highs

gingerjambo190512

gingerjambo190512

Sad story really in the Daily Record today about a teenager taking legal highs, the boy didn't die or anything it's just brutal that the places that sell them portray them as good fun, my friends son was taken to hospital when smoking the weed version the laddie was a paranoid wreck, silly wee arseholes for taken them in the first place

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shocking-video-kilmarnock-teenager-highlights-3836186

Guest C00l K1d

Most of them say not for human consumption on them like. More fool daftys who are snorting shite up their noise branded as weed killer and such.

You're safer sticking to illegal drugs if you're going to do it.

gingerjambo190512

I watched a programme about legal highs n it said that when a legal high becomes illegal the formula of the drug gets changed, so you are better off taking the real thing

Sexton Hardcastle

These things are terrible. Loads of people who I work with are on them and some of the effects are just mental. Injection seems to be the in method of consumption and the results are horrific.

At a seminar at the Royal Ed tomorrow morning for a lecture on them. Seems Edinburgh is finally starting to pay attention to the death toll/hospitalisation rate due to them but legislation is simply powerless it seems. You can go into shops down the Grassmarket and put your life at risk for the sake of a few quid on some unknown powder.

It's pretty horrendous the states some folk get into. It doesn't even seem like there's any payoff from taking them; just fear paranoia and acute mental health problems.

Stuart McNeill

I seen the documentary on them, even though they aren't for human consumption they woman was recommending certain ones that she liked Etc.

Definitely avoid this sort of thing. Surely there is no fun in them.

Not sure if this is the story above (not clicking as Daily Record) but I saw a video of a boy on a beach in Ibiza a few days ago who had been restrained as he'd been trying to eat people in the middle of the day.

A new drug they are peddling called Canibal, frightening stuff.

jack D and coke

The program I watched the other week the scientist said the closest thing to the drug he analysed was crystal meth. And you can but this legally in shops.....it's pretty mental. My ex partner had a lot of problems with her son over this because he didn't think he was doing anything wrong and I suppose technically he wasn't as they're sold over the counter. It's an insane state of affairs....

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Dabbled with that methadrone shite when it was at it's peak.

It makes you really sweaty and smells horrendous.

Lancashire_Lou

They're ridiculous. Bleach is legal but I wouldn't ******* drink it.

Me and my mates were heavy into it for a while. It was good times. 99.98% pure or something like that, so it felt safer.

We grew up and stopped it, but it was certainly fun while it lasted.

:lol:

Sounds like something from Brass eye's drugs episode.

Can't beat a bit of Clarky Cat. Although too much Cake made a right mess of my Shatner's Bassoon.

hmfc_liam06

Far safer, health wise, to stick with the illegal equivalent.

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of coke is cut with magic.

Legal does not means it's been tested and passed as fit for humans to take. It just means it hasn't been banned yet.

Nobody has a clue what they are taking with these legal highs, what the side effects will be or how much is an OD.

Anyone who injects liquid plant fertilizer has a serious mental problem.

Can't beat a bit of Clarky Cat. Although too much Cake made a right mess of my Shatner's Bassoon.

:thumbsup: Sounds like Free the United Kingdom from Drugs (FUKD) have got their work cut out.

***WARNING - THE FOLLOWING CLIP CONTAINS ROLF HARRIS****

Brass Eye Episode 2 Drugs Part 3:

Adi Dassler

Me and my mates were heavy into it for a while. It was good times. 99.98% pure or something like that, so it felt safer.

We grew up and stopped it, but it was certainly fun while it lasted.

I would echo this. Probably going back 6-7 years now right enough so this kind of scene might have changed but when it was in it's infancy it was better than any of the swag or pills around at the time. Certainly I found that anyway. The comedowns were horrendous though.

Sexton Hardcastle

Just back from aforementioned talk.

Incredible stories, stats, pictures etc. Will try and put more up tonight as on mobile now.

Seriously need to stay away from these things. Says a lot when users of herion prefer to use that and are boycotting and petitioning to shut down shops which sell NPS as they know ones like 'Burst' cause more damage.

Guest C00l K1d

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of coke is cut with magic.

Doubt it.

They'll cut it with cheap stuff like soap powder etc.

Can't see them buying legal highs which are sometimes more expensive than normal drugs :laugh:

I'd sooner take an old fashioned Dove or New Yorker before any of those so called 'Legal Highs' You dont know what the fudge is getting put in them to get round the law.

Daydream Believer

I remember it.

I remember when the top pharmacologist in the UK said "don't ban it right now because there will just be a bunch of potentially deadly, similar drugs that immediately hit the market"

I remember when the daily mail scared middle England voters with stories about it.

I remember when Cameron banned it despite what he was told.

I remember when a number of scientists resigned their positions on the drugs council because they realised that drugs policy is set with votes in mind rather than safety.

The whole thing is just a mess.

Matthew Le Tissier

Like alot of people ive dabbled in Coke, Eccys, Speed and weed, but i grew up.

Daydream Believer

Actually, I've done Cameron a disservice, it was Brown I think who banned it.

Awful awful awful things.

Will never touch them again. Couldn't sleep for days.

Captain Price

Remember buying a pill from a shop up from Waverley Bridge. It was called a Diablo and I was bouncing off walls for days. Was quite scary

jack D and coke

I've tried them when they first came out because I actually believed they were safe alternatives and tbh they freaked me out a bit. Like snorting chilli powder it burns the nose off you and its a kind of weird feeling I can't really compare it to ecstasy tbh. It also makes you gurn and practically chew your own face off especially that drone. It's fairly awful stuff IMO but the young ones are absolutely mad for it.

Mind I was hammering back lines one night thinking it was coke, started to feel weird a short time later and was informed it was drone. Off work for about a week after that one :vrface:

Horrible stuff.

Hot since 86

Mind I was hammering back lines one night thinking it was coke, started to feel weird a short time later and was informed it was drone. Off work for about a week after that one :vrface:

Horrible stuff.

I took a line of the shite thinking the same as you. I was already pretty burst but that sent me over the edge. Weird tingly/prickly feeling all over but not in a good "buzzy" sort of way.

Completely freaked me out. Never again.

Currently a huge burden on the NHS and social services.

Sooner they're banned the better.

Aye and no. Some of the kids I work with have been done by them. The whole 'they are legal so its ok' attitude is very harmful and tough to break. Getting through to them the safety issues has been massively difficult.

That said, I'm still of the opinion that there is a lack of real and grown up discussion about illegal drugs. I'd let the Government tax and regulate them. The War on Drugs has been a total failure and its about time those in power had a rethink.

Sexton Hardcastle

Shops selling these in the Lothians, heavily mentioned leith and Musselburgh, sell them on tick and give punters loyalty cards to get a free gram after buying 7/8 grams for 15 quid.

Injection in Lothians is huge right now. Oral or snorting main consumption in other areas of Scotland.

The pictures of the damage to skin and injection sites is unbelievable. Like bullet holes. The shite ruins you. Blood clots, blisters etc.

Then their is the non physical damage. Cases of people with already diagnosed mental health issues going overboard. One boy was running along a roof top and fell through a sky light as he thought he was being chased by men with guns. Said boy ended up in the royal ed where he still remains via a hefty trip to a&e. They tried to tott up the rough cost of his experience but couldn't put a figure on man hours to various services and emergency services etc. Very underestimated amount of 27 grand. Can only think there will be further instances with trends rising.

Some health professional commented how in 80s once all the heroin users had blood tests they found huge numbers of HIV and hepatitis, he reckoned something similar will come from this.

Startling stuff.

Jambo_Jarman

There seems to be a lot of "drugs are bad" chat on this thread without anyone really getting into the issue. Like the useless shite they teach you at high school where all they try to do is scare kids from doing any drugs. Sounds good in theory, but then there are countless kids - myself included - who smoked weed for the first time, realised it was no big deal and had that altered mindset when it came to being offered every other mainstream drug.

As for legal highs, I've had Benzo Fury, Mephedrone and Gogaine (the former two are now banned) at sporadic times over the last five years, and enjoyed myself each and every time. The reason I take them rather than taking MDMA, Ecstasy or Coke is because they're much easier to get a hold of. Like most who just like to dabble every now and again, I don't have a dealer in my contacts on my phone. Instead of phoning someone who may know someone, waiting to get an answer and then, usually, having to go out of my way to meet them, I just pop into a high street shop. Plus, with Gogaine especially, it's at least half the price. I also know with Gogaine that it will be the same effect every time. I won't have to debate with myself whether what I just purchased was worth the money.

What concerns me about the kid in that video is that he looks way to young to be taking this kind of stuff and this is the danger with legal highs, that it's becoming a kind of trend. Drugs should never be approached this way. Though I quickly regarded the school teaching as scare mongering pish, I knew there was dangers and have done my own research before taking anything. I know what to expect, I know the side effects and I know what I can do to make myself feel better with things get a little too intense or (on the very rare occasion) I start to feel queasy. You have to respect them, just in the same way we all respect the threat of alcohol and know never to drink ourselves into the gutter on a night out. As we all know, most teenagers don't possess this kind of maturity and that is very dangerous. I would also be intrigued to know exactly how much that teenager took.

Incidentally, he has the worst friends in the world. I think everyone who is a recreational drug user would have started feeling a bit trippy at times. Everyone understands this and helps their pals out. They don't film and start laughing at him, and they certainly don't put those videos on ******* facebook. This ties in with my point about this kids really not understanding the dangers, which in turn goes back to my point about how these things are educated.

The paper, and people on this thread, have talked about "legal highs" as if they are all the same. The desire of such an approach, which the schools take as well, is to scare everyone off. In my personal experience this doesn't work because when one teaching is exposed as an exaggeration it brings the whole thing tumbling down.

People are going to take drugs. I know it sounds mental to those who don't, but anyone who has regularly well tell you it makes those nights out just that little bit better, sometimes a lot better. There needs to be an adult debate about what to do with this in society, and young people have to be educated on what to expect. The war on drugs is losing and they need to change the approach. Banning all these legal highs may stop the trend of teenagers using them just for a laugh, but it won't curb the curiosity of most.

Shops selling these in the Lothians, heavily mentioned leith and Musselburgh, sell them on tick and give punters loyalty cards to get a free gram after buying 7/8 grams for 15 quid.

Injection in Lothians is huge right now. Oral or snorting main consumption in other areas of Scotland.

The pictures of the damage to skin and injection sites is unbelievable. Like bullet holes. The shite ruins you. Blood clots, blisters etc.

Then their is the non physical damage. Cases of people with already diagnosed mental health issues going overboard. One boy was running along a roof top and fell through a sky light as he thought he was being chased by men with guns. Said boy ended up in the royal ed where he still remains via a hefty trip to a&e. They tried to tott up the rough cost of his experience but couldn't put a figure on man hours to various services and emergency services etc. Very underestimated amount of 27 grand. Can only think there will be further instances with trends rising.

Some health professional commented how in 80s once all the heroin users had blood tests they found huge numbers of HIV and hepatitis, he reckoned something similar will come from this.

Startling stuff.

People are actually injecting this shite. Wow.

:cornette:

Generic Username

I suppose it's kind of a legal high given your own body produces it but has anyone ever taken DMT

I suppose it's kind of a legal high given your own body produces it but has anyone ever taken DMT

Not taken it but been with someone when they did, frightening stuff.

Guest C00l K1d

Not taken it but been with someone when they did, frightening stuff.

My mate took it at Rockness the same time as mandy.

Hid in his tent thinking giant spiders were coming to get him :laugh:

Captain Price

Changed my view on life. As with other psychedelics

Seems daft but if certain drugs were made legal (the more commonly used ones) they could be monitored and controlled rather than unmonitored and potentially lethal.

JamboInSouthsea

It's on the list of psychedelics to try and have heard varying stories...any good?

Amongst other (legal) stuff, have tried Salvia which is a good boot in the bonce...actually thought I might have died but wasn't that bothered :) yes I know that sounds odd but twas fine.

Methedrone was proper pants tho', bit like speed (which I hate) and even chipped a tooth through grinding me teeth :(

It's on the list of psychedelics to try and have heard varying stories...any good?

Amongst other (legal) stuff, have tried Salvia which is a good boot in the bonce...actually thought I might have died but wasn't that bothered :) yes I know that sounds odd but twas fine.

Methedrone was proper pants tho', bit like speed (which I hate) and even chipped a tooth through grinding me teeth :(

I did salvia when I was 18/19 and it was really intense. Reality pretty much fell apart. My arm disappeared and came back in binary code and I had train train tracks in my mouth :lol: **** that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen kids (12-14) giving jakeys money to get the stuff for them. Not subtly either, they just wait a couple of doors up. Jakeys get a couple of quid, the kids their plant food, the shop gets a sale. The police know about it and have been in to see them loads of times but not much they can do.

I don't really get legal highs in someways?

Is it meant to be a better buzz/high?

Is it 'easy' access to these things?

Is it the fact they're legal no fear of prosecution?

Am I just to old to understand youth of today?

I also don't understand how something like that can reach shops etc without some scrutiny? I get they say not for human consumption but putting that on a pack of cigarettes or whatever ain't going to get your round rules. (I get I'm over simplifying)

Anyway, I always just assumed they were effectively placebos for people who wouldn't or couldn't dabble in the 'real thing'.

They are chemical compounds that are new and have not yet been legislated against. Many are closely related to illegal drugs but with the chemical structure tweaked slightly to get around the law. There are many different types - stimulants, psychedelics, cannabinoids, sedatives etc.

They are definitely not all placebos. Some of them are highly potent and extremely dangerous if taken at the incorrect dosages. Some of them are pretty weak and do very little.

People buy them because it's less hassle than trying to find a dealer, there's no risk of getting jailed if caught with the stuff, and some of them can give the user a decent buzz.

Eventually the law catches on to the popular ones and they get made illegal, but inevitably other potentially more dangerous variations spring up in their place.

Horrible stuff.

Can't have been genuine mephedrone or there's no way you'd be off work for a week after a few lines.

I did salvia when I was 18/19 and it was really intense. Reality pretty much fell apart. My arm disappeared and came back in binary code and I had train train tracks in my mouth :lol: **** that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite liked salvia. Just dont go mental snd buy X50 the first time you try it.

Archived