Virgin broadband

Poseidon

3fingersreid

Not tonight bud and I'm just round the corner from you at Stenhouse , if it's the TV try the old switch it off at the mains hit it hard then put it back on

The Real Maroonblood

Anyone experiencing issues tonight? Chesser area?

Yes.

According to the status board on VM it's OK but it's not.

Although it seems to have settle down now.

Not wasting any more time on it . big lebowski dvd on and hopefully it's sorted by the morning

Dean Winchester

Been having issue between 7pm and 10pm for the last 4 or 5 days. Absolutely useless when phoning them up as well.

I've resorted to using 4G on my mobile.

Their DNS has been ******* up a lot recently (Nationwide)

Tempted to change my DNS to googles

Their DNS has been ******* up a lot recently (Nationwide)

Tempted to change my DNS to googles

Do it, getting decent speeds now and no issues since.

Chester™

Seems back to normal for me.

I wonder if some of the disruption is due to the upgrade for the 'super fast' broadband thats due soon?

Seems back to normal for me.

I wonder if some of the disruption is due to the upgrade for the 'super fast' broadband thats due soon?

Is that not done now??i got bumped upto 152mb

Chester™

Is that not done now??i got bumped upto 152mb

Not yet. Its being done in stages.

Surprise surprise no broadband again tonight. Using 3G for now.

"Super hub" and TiVo box both have no network. I'm in Saughton Mains - anyone else affected??

Called virgin to cancel and their "tempting offer" to keep me a customer was to fix my issues and upgrade me to XL TV for an additional ?6 per month, but take away our evening and weekend call package... Erm... What?!?!?!

Their customer retention department is hilarious.

Jack_Bauer

been experiencing issues with VM for last week. I changed my DNS Settings to opendns but still getting dropouts and shite speeds.

EH10.

This just gets better and better...

When I cancelled my services, they told me it'd be live until 04/09 as the contract ends then. That's fair enough.

I've had to call again and Mr Attitude told us they have cancelled my TV services, but my broadband is back on.

I now have bbc1, bbc2, itv, c4, c5, bbc3, bbc4, BBC alba and that welsh channel s4c or something.

Best thing anyone can do is leave them and never go back. Terrible, terrible company.

The Real Maroonblood

Best thing anyone can do is leave them and never go back. Terrible, terrible company.

Disagree. I think they are pretty good.

Any dealings I have had with them were very straight forward.

Stuart McNeill

Never had a problem with them in about three years, I enquired about new customers getting a better deal than I was and got upgraded and money off my bill.

I was informed we are getting our Internet speed upgraded once again could it maybe have something to do with that?

I'm watching the football but the wife's upstairs watching netflix on the smart tv and wifi seems to be fine for that

The Real Maroonblood

Never had a problem with them in about three years, I enquired about new customers getting a better deal than I was and got upgraded and money off my bill.

I was informed we are getting our Internet speed upgraded once again could it maybe have something to do with that?

Same as me.

Anyone get to the bottom of this?

Happened to me a few times in the past few weeks. I tried to call them last week, but it was so busy I couldn't even hold and was just cut off.

marshallschunkychicken

Terrible in EH14

This. Probably the third time in at least as many weeks.

This. Probably the third time in at least as many weeks.

Think I'm on a similar timescale. Seems to be for an hour or 2 each time. At completely random times of random days

Slow in EH8 just now. Normally really quick though.

Im also in EH8 and mine is horrendous tonight, I'm using 3g as can't get on anything on wifi

It's been terrible in gorgie eh11, over the last few weeks. Especially in the evenings. Very frustrating to say the least.

3fingersreid

It's been terrible in gorgie eh11, over the last few weeks. Especially in the evenings. Very frustrating to say the least.

Strange as I'm in EH11 and it's been fine

jambogaz1968

Been losing connection every 15 mins for the last couple of days, I'm on Sky Broadband in the EH14 area.

EH10 was also bad last night and over the last few weeks.

Do you think it might be people streaming the football slowing things down?

Came back from Hols late on Saturday night to no TV or Broadband,causing my kids much panic.Called their "help line" and was told that I'd need an engineer(for about the 4th time in a year)but the next available slot was Wednesday!Told them to GTF after 20 minutes of arguing with the guy who was "helping" me.I managed to get the TV working on Sunday but the internet is sporadic.Ive had nothing but problems with Virgin media since I had it installed just over a year ago,I won't be with them much longer unless they step their game up!

The Real Maroonblood

Came back from Hols late on Saturday night to no TV or tBroadband,causing my kids much panic.Called their "help line" and was told that I'd need an engineer(for about the 4th time in a year)but the next available slot was Wednesday!Told them to GTF after 20 minutes of arguing with the guy who was "helping" me.I managed to get the TV working on Sunday but the internet is sporadic.Ive had nothing but problems with Virgin media since I had it installed just over a year ago,I won't be with them much longer unless they step their game up!

So you told them GTF.

That wasn't very nice.

The Real Maroonblood

Company littered with faults all over their ageing network.

Best move to Sky or BT.

They don't have problems?

According to some on Kickback who are with these companies they are pretty crap.

Archived