Vale of Leithen v Hobos

Jambo_ree

In my desperation to find some footy to watch, I've been down at Innerleithen twice this week, to see Vale of Leithen play Dumbarton (Thursday) and the Hobos (yesterday). Dumbarton ran out easy 4-0 winners with pretty much their first team. Jordan Kirkpatrick looked quite a player for them. Scored twice and set up another. Vale made a game of it in the second half after being 3 down at the interval. Sad to see such a small crowd with Vale in major financial difficulties. I was down again yesterday, whilst holding my nose, for the game with the Hobos. A big away support was there, clearly thinking this was a game they might win. 1,375 in total. Sky Sports News were also there covering the game as people in the UK have heard of Alan Stubbs. Hobos played a team each half (although left some of the first teamers on for the start of the second half as they were only 1 up). Team was made up of a mix of 1st teamers and young laddies. Hobos scored first after half an hour through Cummings (of 5-1 and missed penalty fame) although about 5 Hobos were singing "We're going to win the League" with the score at 0-0 after 25 minutes. Cummings also scored the 2nd then was taken off. Craig and Harris scored towards the end as Vale tired, having played twice in 2 days. In truth, the Hobos were on top for the duration with very little threat from the home team. Even in a friendly, never nice to see the Hobos win, but a fine moment at the pie stand in the second half when one Hobo said to another "I can't believe there isnae any singing. Never heard us so quiet" (I was already laughing at this point). His mate responded with "It was this quiet against Hamilton". Glorious!

MrWinningSmith

Dumpster was interview during the game live on SSN, she said that they will be announcing some new signings this week. It will be interesting to see who they are going to sign.

There was singing - my laddie belted out the Hearts song behind the goals during the second half

:verysmug:

Perntreou in goals first half. And Brennan second half. I've no idea either.

MrWinningSmith

Adam Buxton and Nathan Burke played on trial for them.

Archived