SHINTY TEAM COMPARED TO HIBS

willie wallace

willie wallace

In an article in today's Daily Record the president of the Beauly shinty club branded his side ''the Hibs of the Camanachd Cup'' after revealing that they have never won the sports main trophy since 1913.Makes a change to being called the Real Madrid of Scotland i suppose.

Any other sports teams gone as long as Hibs and Beauly.

Doctor FinnBarr
In an article in today's Daily Record the president of the Beauly shinty club branded his side ''the Hibs of the Camanachd Cup'' after revealing that they have never won the sports main trophy since 1913.Makes a change to being called the Real Madrid of Scotland i suppose.******************************************** *Any other sports teams gone as long as Hibs and Beauly.
Hibs reserves?:hobofish:

King of the North

Ah, but Beauly play shinty with flair - trophies are meaningless to them.

I also believe they were the first shinty club to have floodlights - and that they inspired generations of young brazilians to take up shinty.

JamboGraham
In an article in today's Daily Record the president of the Beauly shinty club branded his side ''the Hibs of the Camanachd Cup'' after revealing that they have never won the sports main trophy since 1913.Makes a change to being called the Real Madrid of Scotland i suppose.

Any other sports teams gone as long as Hibs and Beauly.

Ha.....

Beauly are are a team based in the 2nd tier of the Sottish Shinty who make an odd visit to the top league before getting quickly sent back down...

They are a small village team who had a population of just under 900 in the community when they last won the cup, they are more famous for the fact that they make the shinty balls rather than their success on the park...!!!

Their last cup win (in 1913) was against a team from Tighnabruaich with the massive population of 600....Funny that they liken themselves to Hibs....

Beauly...."first to make the shinty balls"

The Old Tolbooth

We're being a bit harsh on Beauly here lads, there might just be someone still alive that at least remembers them lifting shintys big prize :)

Archived