Transferring Money from UK to USA?

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Western Union are quite good mate, I used to use it to send money to my brother when he lived over there, loads of places you can do it from as well.

I often use UK Forex for going the other way (but have done uk to us).

Take a look and if you fancy it, I can refer you and we both get amazon voucher (if that offer still on!).

GlasgoJambo

I've been using TransferWise to pay money from Stirling to Euro for a few years (I actually started a thread about them a wee while back as so impressed). It's a peer to peer sort of thing - bypasses the banks so you and recipient get a better exchange rate. The story of its inception is really interesting - two guys, one worked in UK and got paid in Euros, one worked in Europe and got paid in Stirling so they used to get each others wages paid into each others accounts. In five years time I reckon most people will be using them for transferring money.

https://transferwise.com

GlasgoJambo

Ha, their front page on their website says why Richard Branson invested in us - thought you'd know. :lol:

Hugh Phamism

I use Moneycorp or XE.com. Good rates and easy to register for an account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using TransferWise to pay money from Stirling to Euro for a few years (I actually started a thread about them a wee while back as so impressed). It's a peer to peer sort of thing - bypasses the banks so you and recipient get a better exchange rate. The story of its inception is really interesting - two guys, one worked in UK and got paid in Euros, one worked in Europe and got paid in Stirling so they used to get each others wages paid into each others accounts. In five years time I reckon most people will be using them for transferring money.

https://transferwise.com

All the way from Stirling to Europe!

Have used Transferwise and FairFx both good. FairFx exchange rate mostly better especially for larger payments. Both much cheaper than the regular banks.

I use US Forex, good rates, quick transfers and if you transfer a decent amount they don't charge a fee, in fact I'm sure for your first transaction there is no fee regardless of amount.

Archived