The Inbetweeners

Rab87

Has anyone watched this show on E4 yet?

Its about a guy called Will whos just moved to a public comp school from a private. I think its hilarious, one of the very few shows on TV I have actually LOL'ed at.

http://www.e4.com/inbetweeners/

Malcolm Tucker

Better than any other British comedy at the moment.

Better than Skins.

Would really reccommend it, honestly think it's class.

I have seen this and thought it was rank!

I am curious on the age of the two people above that have recommended it as I can only assume they have to be under 24 to find it funny? I may be wrong though, and if so I apologise.

I'm 20, my brother in law, whos 37 was the one who introduced me to the show. You dont have to be a certain age to find things funny. I'm dreading hitting 24 if that happens! :(

I'm 20, my brother in law, whos 37 was the one who introduced me to the show. You dont have to be a certain age to find things funny. I'm dreading hitting 24 if that happens! :(

I was not suggesting that in the slightest, however I found it in my eyes more "juvenile" humour.

However as said that may well just be me.

jamboinglasgow

I dont find it funny at all, it is awful as it plays on every sterotype of boys aged 16/17. I myself am 21 and should be similar to those guys but I am not.

First time it was shown on TV was the night that Rangers beat Florentina, so me and my rangers mad flatmate was watching the final while having my female flatmate going on and on about how watching football is rubbish as she wanted to watch this program. Having heard some reviews of the program before I kept telling her the program is not very good. She watched it on E4 + 1 and when I spoke to her later she bit red faced said it was rubbish.

Yeah I've been watching it.

Definately one of the funniest British comedies I have seen in a while.

Its class!

I seen the adverts for it, and meant to watch it on the launch night, but forgot, and (unlike suggested earlier) it was my dad (39) who reminded me it was on after he watched it and found it hilarious.

MUCH funnier than Skins, and so much realistic.

Funniest bit so far was:

'Yous can come round mine, my dads out'

'Finally'

Can't remember who said it, but it was hilarious!

Mmmmmm... quite a split view here. Doesn't look much from the adverts but think I'll give it a watch to see for myself.

I've seen a couple of adverts and think that it looks ****e. I'm rarely wrong with these things, generally because I've made my mind up before I've watched them.

I watched a couple of episodes and thought it was cr*p to be honest. Maybe got a chuckle out of me once or twice, but not even nearly funny enough to follow it.

puerile and juvenile.

...which can sell a lot of comedy!

I saw the first episode. Thought it was ok. Haven't watched another episode though which perhaps says more.

It seems to be aimed at middle-class 'scene' kids who 'hate' their lives. Utter bollocks, IMO.

Malcolm Tucker
It seems to be aimed at middle-class 'scene' kids who 'hate' their lives. Utter bollocks, IMO.

To be honest I think it's just aimed at the exact same audience as Skins was.

Which is teenagers. I'm a teenager and I think it's quality. It's also got humour in it which 'adults' can appreciate as well.

I do see why more 'mature' folk don't like it though.

Which is teenagers. I'm a teenager and I think it's quality. It's also got humour in it which 'adults' can appreciate as well.

I agree mate, and I found Skins so pretentious I hated it from about the second minute.

Thing is though, everyone has different tastes and that's what makes the world go round; it'd be boring otherwise :)

Malcolm Tucker
I agree mate, and I found Skins so pretentious I hated it from about the second minute.

Thing is though, everyone has different tastes and that's what makes the world go round; it'd be boring otherwise :)

First minute was Ok then?;)

And I agree. If everyone liked the same thing folk like Prancer wouldn't be even half as annoying as they are just now.

FWIW I know a 40-year-old that likes The Inbetweeners. Just a matter of what you're into I suppose.

Saw an episode last week and thought it was pretty poor, although not as bad as Skins which is just dreadful.

Sooperstar

I hated Skins but like this. I don't really see the comparison except that they're both about kids at school.

I thought that it seemed pretty similar to Skins, in that I thought that both programmes looked ****e in the adverts so never bothered watching either of them.

I prefer to watch thought provoking drama, like Hollyoaks for instance.

Agree with that.

I watched the first few episodes of Skins but thought it sucked the proverbial boaby.

Whereas in The Inbetweeners they just take the **** out of each other and are really sarcastic which is what it was like at school and still is now.

I just think I need to grow up.

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

Started watching this the other week and caught up on youtube. Its pretty good. best thing on at the moment.

The boys dad is hilarious. having meaty **** in the caravan and in the bogs at the caravan dance.

hughesie27

Skins actually had a story that progressed through each series whereas from the 2 episodes of The inbetweeners it just seems like they go on a different 'adventure' each week. It is good though as was Skins but for different reasons. Both pretty much sum up school life and avoid that ridiculous 'London gangsta' look.

Sexton Hardcastle

Too many people are comparign it to Skins. The only comparison is that it fills its sort of time slot and repalces it. Completely different kind of series. Dont know about other people but i can relate to it quite well. Theres characters in it i could give names to that were in my year or there abouts in high school. Doesa deent job of summing up that age as you say hughesie.

"Oohhh friend... Football Friend"

Watched the first episode and though it was ****e. I also thought skins was ****e as well fwiw.

I've watched a couple of more eps though, and I have to admit that it's grown on me. It's pretty unrealistic tbh, but can relate to life as a teenager.

It's absolutely nothing like Skins tbh, the only comparison being that it is aimed at the same age group. It's more like Peep Show tbh, where they have a geeky, socially akward guy as their main character.

"friend....new car friend"

After rewatching skins from the start, I actually think it's pretty class. Once you get past the unrealistic aspects of the show, it's pretty entertaining - it's got more character analysis and they also develop very well imo as the show progresses.

Nearly Famous was another good show, which was sort of a cross between the OC, Fame and Skins. Think it's been cancelled.

Sooperstar

Toggie, I disagree that the main character in The Inbetweeners is socially awkward.

And also about Skins being class. It's actually pish!

hughesie27
Toggie, I disagree that the main character in The Inbetweeners is socially awkward.

And also about Skins being class. It's actually pish!

Coming from somebody who has only watched 1 episode.

I watched some random show on BBC3 last week about American kids at college which was pretty good. Didn't catch what it was called though.

Sooperstar
Coming from somebody who has only watched 1 episode.

I watched the first 4/5. Pish.

Durdmeister
I watched some random show on BBC3 last week about American kids at college which was pretty good. Didn't catch what it was called though.

it was called Greek, was fairly amusing!

Archived