Unknown Pleasures - Fanzine

Adi Dassler

Adi Dassler

Desperately trying to get my hands on the first 3 (??) issues of this. Can anybody help please? I don't do Facebook.

Adi Dassler

The Dalry Llama cannot receive any further PM's. Does anyone know him and could give him a shout? Brother Terraces?

Rabbie_Burns

The Dalry Llama cannot receive any further PM's. Does anyone know him and could give him a shout? Brother Terraces?

Llama tipped off for you ;-)

the original dalry llama

Adi, I'm never on JKB these days but a couple of folk mentioned your post. I'm one of the contributors to UP and we should be able to sort you out with copies of issues 1 and 2. Issue 3 is almost complete so probably best to wait for that and we can sort something out to get all 3 issues to you. Congratulations on being the first person we can describe as "desperate" to get copies! Always looking for new contributors too.....

Silvery_Moon

Adi, I'm never on JKB these days but a couple of folk mentioned your post. I'm one of the contributors to UP and we should be able to sort you out with copies of issues 1 and 2. Issue 3 is almost complete so probably best to wait for that and we can sort something out to get all 3 issues to you. Congratulations on being the first person we can describe as "desperate" to get copies! Always looking for new contributors too.....

It's an excellent read. Looking forward to issue 3.

Hadn't heard of this before now, but am intrigued. Where / how can one purchase it?

We have a Facebook page and normally announce on there when a new issue is available and how you can buy one - we're usually in the Golden Rule before home games.

https://www.facebook...740711835941743

Ha, not been to the Golden Rule for a few years, decent boozer though.

We have a Facebook page and normally announce on there when a new issue is available and how you can buy one - we're usually in the Golden Rule before home games.

https://www.facebook...740711835941743

Just been on to the facebook page - love the Jambo / JD logo, two of my big passions. Should make a tee-shirt of that (if you haven't already). I'd buy one at a shot, and eldest daughter would love it too (she's the only one who inherited both my music taste and passion for the Jambos). I'll be keeping an eye out for the next edition and if there are copies of previous issues still available I'd be interested in buying those too.

Great to see that there is still a fanzine on the go. I used to love NIT and ATB. Great cover photo on the Unknown pleasures FB page too.

Great to see that there is still a fanzine on the go. I used to love NIT and ATB. Great cover photo on the Unknown pleasures FB page too.

Manchester Hearts used to have a great fanzine on the go many years ago, not sure if that is still in circulation. I once won their caption competition. It was a cheap jibe at the expense of then Motherwell manager Tommy McLean, not realising he would shortly become our manager!

Keith Talent

From a scan of that FB page this looks top notch. Would be up for getting copies myself. As someone had already said, also great to see an actual fanzine in existence in the almost exclusively digital / social media age. Dalry- you could maybe start a thread on here when a new edition is out? And where to get it & back copies? There are still quite a few of us about who love our subculture as well as the football. Cheers.

the original dalry llama

Good suggestion Keith - will have a chat with the other guys this week and see what they think.

Anybody remember some of the more obscure/short lived Hearts fanzines? I'm not aware of the Manchester Hearts one mentioned above but seem to remember one around the early 90s entitled Trophy Please?

There were a few more, but their names escape me.

I used to buy fanzines of other teams, and still buy the Man U one, United We Stand. Back in the 90s I would occasionally purchase Mass Hibsteria, just to get a good old laugh at their ridiculous views and excuses for derby day disasters! For the benefit of younger posters, this fanzine was the hibs.net of the pre internet age!!

Adi Dassler

Thanks mate. I think you are possibly a mate of Nelly Terraces? If so he might have my number. I don't know how this has passed me by but by the looks of it Unknown Pleasures is along the same lines of Boss/Stand/Duck Mag? Brilliant to see a Hearts publication of this kind. I would be interested in contributing as well possibly. If you or Neil can let me know I can pick up in the Rule when the 3rd issue is out. Cheers.

Adi Dassler

Anybody remember some of the more obscure/short lived Hearts fanzines? I'm not aware of the Manchester Hearts one mentioned above but seem to remember one around the early 90s entitled Trophy Please?

There were a few more, but their names escape me.

I used to buy fanzines of other teams, and still buy the Man U one, United We Stand. Back in the 90s I would occasionally purchase Mass Hibsteria, just to get a good old laugh at their ridiculous views and excuses for derby day disasters! For the benefit of younger posters, this fanzine was the hibs.net of the pre internet age!!

Mustn't Grumble, Trophy Please, and the very short lived and my all time favourite 'We've Got a Semi'. There were some great fanzines out back then. Half Mag Half Biscuit at Newcastle was one of my favourites. Only last year I got rid of hundreds when the wee man came along. Some of the Hearts ones I think are still on sale in the Gorgie Suite before games. Great to see some making a re-appearance. Cannae beat a rolled up fanzine in your back bin up toon on a Saturday night.

the original dalry llama

Thanks mate. I think you are possibly a mate of Nelly Terraces? If so he might have my number. I don't know how this has passed me by but by the looks of it Unknown Pleasures is along the same lines of Boss/Stand/Duck Mag? Brilliant to see a Hearts publication of this kind. I would be interested in contributing as well possibly. If you or Neil can let me know I can pick up in the Rule when the 3rd issue is out. Cheers.

Aye, all of us who contribute to UP are mates with Nelly so I'll see if he has your number. Our mate Franky had the original idea for the fanzine and has been the main driving force in making this happen. In the editorial for issue one he cited United we Stand, Since I was Young, Boss, Duck and Stand as influences.

Benny Factor

Mustn't Grumble, Trophy Please, and the very short lived and my all time favourite 'We've Got a Semi'. There were some great fanzines out back then. Half Mag Half Biscuit at Newcastle was one of my favourites. Only last year I got rid of hundreds when the wee man came along. Some of the Hearts ones I think are still on sale in the Gorgie Suite before games. Great to see some making a re-appearance. Cannae beat a rolled up fanzine in your back bin up toon on a Saturday night.

I've still got all my Still, Mustn't Grumble's up my folks' loft somewhere. Great fanzine. I always thought that Dead Ball was good too, but a little bit more for the intellectual Jambos :)

The People's Chimp

Could you start a wee thread or bump this when the next issue is out?

Cheers.

Rabbie_Burns

Just got my hands on issue 3 last night and have to say its a very good read.

Agreed, bumper edition this time as well !

the original dalry llama

Issue three is available in limited numbers at the moment but more being printed next week:

frank skinner

Just got my hands on issue 3 last night and have to say its a very good read.

I got mine in Berlin last month. Does that make me an uber fanzine ?

Can you stick one aside for me please. I think the Newtonmorians are coming down soon, maybe catch you then?

Rabbie_Burns

Manchester Hearts used to have a great fanzine on the go many years ago, not sure if that is still in circulation

Was called Heartbeat, got several copies stashed away in the loft I think. An unusually A4 sized fanzine I recall

davemclaren

I may be barking up the wrong rtee here but is this a casual-ish type of fanzine given the articles on clothes/style? Haven't bought a fanzine for many a year I have to say.

Where do you guys sell them? Outside the ground? Rule seems to be mentioned, have you had a word with Diggers/other Gorgie pubs?

I'd love to pick up a copy, but hadn't heard of it prior to this thread.

the general

Aye, all of us who contribute to UP are mates with Nelly so I'll see if he has your number. Our mate Franky had the original idea for the fanzine and has been the main driving force in making this happen. In the editorial for issue one he cited United we Stand, Since I was Young, Boss, Duck and Stand as influences.

remember if you want to use the Tynie Arms as a pick up / selling pont on match days....

the general

I may be barking up the wrong rtee here but is this a casual-ish type of fanzine given the articles on clothes/style? Haven't bought a fanzine for many a year I have to say.

your obviously correct about the music side but there is no way these guys would have any connections to Casuals

davemclaren

your obviously correct about the music side but there is no way these guys would have any connections to Casuals

Ok, thanks. Will look out for a copy to buy.

Archived