Ban Rangers From Europe

Independence

Independence

I believe that our own organisations should take the lead/initiative and ban Rangers from Europe next year, and for one year only.

Apparently UEFA are powerless as the many many incidents that happened were outside their jurisdiction!!

Surely this would be the answer to the public around the world who have witnessed the disgraceful scenes from Manchester that we can sort out our own mess!!

Will it happen? Could it happen? Is anyone BRAVE enough????????????

Ron Burgundy
I believe that our own organisations should take the lead/initiative and ban Rangers from Europe next year, and for one year only.

Apparently UEFA are powerless as the many many incidents that happened were outside their jurisdiction!!

Surely this would be the answer to the public around the world who have witnessed the disgraceful scenes from Manchester that we can sort out our own mess!!

I believe that children are the future........

Anyway,never ever going to happen.

jamboinglasgow

dont like rangers but a ban from Europe is an overreaction. Yes they did embaress the country but it is not like a sizable portion of the fans rioted, it was in reality a very small percentage. The sad thing is it goes on outside britain, we have been fortunate that clamp down on hooliginism has shown very succesful that football violence is seen as rare.

If rangers were banned this year than liverpool should of been banned last year.

Imeantasong

Hold it. Wouldn't that mean Motherwell getting the other CL spot?

Worse, that would mean Hibs still in with a chance of the UEFA Cup slot?

Nah, stuff principles, that's just too much.

Even if they wanted too ( and do you really expect GS to take such action ) I doubt the GFA could make any charges stick. As far as I know there was no bother at the game itself, or between rival fans outside the stadium - so that's 'a good job done' as far as the Rangers security officer will be concerned. The fans rioting later will be seen as a 'public order' issue and the club will quickly distance itself from that 'very small unruly element' :rolleyes:

Ofcourse they should.

In no way is it an overreaction. Their fans are a disgrace, minority or not it still happened. If it was any other team they would get hammered ! Imagine if it was Zenit fans ! Someone needs to stand up to these animals ! Ac Milan had to play behind closed doors for throwing a flare on the pitch, well this is by far worse !

Ofcourse they should.

In no way is it an overreaction. Their fans are a disgrace, minority or not it still happened. If it was any other team they would get hammered ! Imagine if it was Zenit fans ! Someone needs to stand up to these animals ! Ac Milan had to play behind closed doors for throwing a flare on the pitch, well this is by far worse !

Much of which you have said I totally agree with, my problem is with our own SFA/SPL. I have still to hear a condemnation from Gordon Smith regarding the behaviour of the Rangers supporters. To my mind it does not matter whether they were supporters on an occasional basis or not, they were there to support only one team and that wasn't Zenit. To my mind these **** have set Scottish Football back 40 years however , because of the hold they have over our game nothing will ever happen to punish them. They have made me ashamed to be Scottish.

Rawrrrrrrr

Yes lets ban rangers from europe because of an incident out of the ground and out of their control

FFS get a grip people

Every club has arseholes, Im sure if we could actually get that far and find 200k people actually willing to watch us we would have a small amount of idiots who think a fight and sectarian sing song is funny - oh wait :rolleyes:

The fact is rangers couldnt have prevented what happened out the ground

They will be punished for the incidents in the ground and nothing more

Yes rangers have embarassed the country but they cant be punished anyway so lets not try and claim they can

I find the behaviour of their officials the worse thing though, mr martin bain who thinks people who travel hundreds of miles costing hundreds/thousands of pounds to watch their team are not associated to them

Graham Thomson
Much of which you have said I totally agree with, my problem is with our own SFA/SPL. I have still to hear a condemnation from Gordon Smith regarding the behaviour of the Rangers supporters. To my mind it does not matter whether they were supporters on an occasional basis or not, they were there to support only one team and that wasn't Zenit. To my mind these **** have set Scottish Football back 40 years however , because of the hold they have over our game nothing will ever happen to punish them. They have made me ashamed to be Scottish.

Great post..........also agree with Gaz......

jambo walesy
Yes lets ban rangers from europe because of an incident out of the ground and out of their control

FFS get a grip people

Every club has arseholes, Im sure if we could actually get that far and find 200k people actually willing to watch us we would have a small amount of idiots who think a fight and sectarian sing song is funny - oh wait :rolleyes:

Yes rangers have embarassed the country but they cant be punished anyway so lets not try and claim they can

I find the behaviour of their officials the worse thing though, mr martin bain who thinks people who travel hundreds of miles costing hundreds/thousands of pounds to watch their team are not associated to them

Agree with pretty much all of that tbh.

It would be unfair to punish Rangers as a club because of what a minority of the 100k plus there did.

Yes it was absolutely shocking but every fan base has its idiots.

The vast vast majority of the Rangers fans were well behaved in Manchester and were able to drink all day without causing trouble.

The sorry fact is though you will always have some people who ruin it for the others, in every walk of life.

They should receive a heavy fine and the fans should be barred for life, nothing less and nothing more than that.

Also agree with that last paragraph,Bain was just looking to shift the blame away from his own precious club.

Btw i hate Rangers.

FFS get a grip people

I wish they could be punished. And Rangers ARE to blame...there's a reason their club attracts the very dregs of society and while they're happy to perpetuate and promote these horrible 'traditions', they'll continue to be a magnet for halfwits. They can't just shrug their shoulders and deny responsibility when it doesn't suit them. They don't complain when these people are making them shed loads of cash.

They'll never be banned, but they absolutely deserve to be.

Legend Claws

I think all fans of other SPL teams should boycott games at Ibrox. Not a huge financial burden to them but would make a statement. It's hardly fun going there anyway.

Rawrrrrrrr
I wish they could be punished. And Rangers ARE to blame...there's a reason their club attracts the very dregs of society and while they're happy to perpetuate and promote these horrible 'traditions', they'll continue to be a magnet for halfwits. They can't just shrug their shoulders and deny responsibility when it doesn't suit them. They don't complain when these people are making them shed loads of cash.

They'll never be banned, but they absolutely deserve to be.

RedM our club attracs a fair few dregs too

I could quite easily - I wont because I dont want the hassle - link you to half a dozen so called die hard hearts fans bebo pages which would make you want to boke thinking they followed our club with their pathetic "beliefs"

Likewise I could tell you of a fair few incidents I have witnessed involving our great fans

The fact is every club has its arseholes and rangers and celtic are no different, they also have the misfortune that their fan base comes predominantly from lower class areas were **** and general inbreeding is more prevalent

Many rangers fans - and ive spoken to quite a few this week - are utterly disgusted at what happened and its unfair to punish tha majority for circumstances outwith their control

Rangers need to hunt these people out and ban them but im sure once the dust settles and the arse covering is finished, they will

Commander Harris
RedM our club attracts a fair few dregs too

I could quite easily - I wont because I dint want the hassle - link you to half a dozen so called die hard hearts fans bebo pages which would make you want to boke thinking they followed our club with their pathetic "beliefs"

Likewise I could tell you of a fair few incidents I have witnessed involving our great fans

The fact is every club has its arseholes and rangers and celtic are no different, they also have the misfortune that their fan base comes predominantly from lower class areas were **** and general inbreeding is more prevalent

Many rangers fans - and ive spoken to quite a few this week - are utterly disgusted at what happened and its unfair to punish tha majority for circumstances out with their control

Rangers need to hunt these people out and ban them but im sure once the dust settles and the arse covering is finished, they will

never a truer word spoken ;)

in all seriousness though, you might be able to point us in the direction of half a dozen "die-hards" as you put it, but it is no where near the same scale as it is at a club like Rangers. There are a lot of decent Rangers fans, and I do believe that to generalise and call them all bigots/Neanderthals etc is unfair, but they do have a significantly large number of distasteful tubes.

You are doing our club, and some others, a disservice by dismissing it and saying it happens at all clubs - it does not on this scale.

RedM our club attracs a fair few dregs too

I could quite easily - I wont because I dont want the hassle - link you to half a dozen so called die hard hearts fans bebo pages which would make you want to boke thinking they followed our club with their pathetic "beliefs"

Many rangers fans - and ive spoken to quite a few this week - are utterly disgusted at what happened and its unfair to punish tha majority for circumstances outwith their control

How are they going to hunt down people they insist aren't even Rangers fans?

Anyway, getting back to dregs - I agree with the Commander. Every club has its nasty element and god knows we have our own to contend with, but it goes without saying that Rangers have an infinitely higher percentage of halfwits than most. That suits them fine most of the time, they thrive on this ridiculous 'nobody likes us we don't care' rubbish but when it turns around and bites them on the bum, they suddenly disassociate themselves? No. How can that be fair? David Murray invites the flutes along to play their wee tunes at half time, they do their red hand/nazi salutes without reproach, they sing their horrific songs....and nobody says a word. But then it gets out of hand and suddenly they're whiter than white?

They created the monster, they should accept the consequences.

Yes, there are a few decent supporters amongst them but they're fighting a losing battle at the moment wouldn't you say? They might be innocent bystanders but for the greater good...i.e. the hundreds of thousands of other football supporters and the millions of people who have to live in this country...there needs to be some sort of action taken against them. It's the only way to get the message across.

dont like rangers but a ban from Europe is an overreaction. Yes they did embaress the country but it is not like a sizable portion of the fans rioted, it was in reality a very small percentage. The sad thing is it goes on outside britain, we have been fortunate that clamp down on hooliginism has shown very succesful that football violence is seen as rare.

If rangers were banned this year than liverpool should of been banned last year.[/QUOTE]

Utterly pathetic post.

I despair for Scotland as a civilised society.

Get ready for Hearts fans getting treated like sheet in our next European game (Vlad promised us the Champions League, don't forget) and protesting 'we're Hearts fans not Rangers fans'.

Scotland was disgraced this week and we're all going to pay the price for their behaviour. People living in Scotland have absolutely no idea how Rangers fans/Scots fans are now regarded.

So a mob all wearing Rangers shirts commit attempted murder on a cop and nothing is going to happen?

This country is a joke.

Rawrrrrrrr
So a mob all wearing Rangers shirts commit attempted murder on a cop and nothing is going to happen?

This country is a joke.

No anyone caught of those offences will face criminal penalties, and no doubt a ban by rangers

Rangers will not be punished directly for incidents out the ground though

This country is a joke.

Yup. But UEFA are coming down hard on Zenit for that criminal in their support who dared to run onto the pitch at full time....

No anyone caught of those offences will face criminal penalties, and no doubt a ban by rangers

Rangers will not be punished directly for incidents out the ground though

Or by Hearts? One of our fellow KB'ers insists that some of the hooligans spotted in the Daily Record are actually Hearts casuals... :rolleyes: Lovely.

Anyway...point is that there were hundreds of them. Not just this teeny handful that people are suggesting. They were there as Rangers fans, wearing Rangers colours. Therefore Rangers need to take responsibility for them.

As I posted on the main thread today ,UEFA threatened to kick England out of Euro 2000 after their fans rioted in Belgium. This had nothing to do with events in or near any football stadium. It was a full blown riot in the main square before the match itself. In addition , a belgium policeman was attacked and elft severely brain damaged. Draw the parallels and ask yourself why UEFA felt they could ban England but apparently not Rangers. That club must indeed wield some influence in the corridors of power.

On a lighter note . I love the delicious irony of Rangers being sponsored by Carling and all those unwanted pics of Huns with slabs of Carling

masquerading thru Manchester. It must be the most unwanted product placement ever.

Yup. But UEFA are coming down hard on Zenit for that criminal in their support who dared to run onto the pitch at full time....

Of course they are. That could have started a riot.:rolleyes:

Denny Crane

If rangers were banned this year than liverpool should of been banned last year.

OK, indulge me. Assuming that you won't vent forth the usual anti-Mersey venom that some on this board find hilarious, could you provide a detailed analysis as to why Liverpool should have been banned last year?

Give yourself a shake when you come down from your moral high ground:confused:

monkfish1979

FFS get a grip people

And you don't think that seeing their club barred from having anything to do with European football would send the message to the fans that their behaviour wasn't acceptable? A club is not just its players and staff.

The bigger the number of people you have attending a match, the bigger the minority of morons is going to be. And let's face it, Rangers minority of morons have been busy in recent years.

Apart from Manchester, off the top of my head we have recently seen their nonsense in Valencia and had to listen to their sectarian singsongs in a so called closed door match in Milan.

UEFA can't do anything. In fairness to the SFA, neither can they (although it would be nice to hear someone there condem it).

As much as it pains me to say it, it's also wrong to deny the players and decent supporters the opportunity to compete in Europe.

The solution - Rangers FC should take the initiative themselves and decline an away ticket allocation for their European matches next season.

David Murray, over to you.

daviel1975
Or by Hearts? One of our fellow KB'ers insists that some of the hooligans spotted in the Daily Record are actually Hearts casuals... :rolleyes: Lovely.

Anyway...point is that there were hundreds of them. Not just this teeny handful that people are suggesting. They were there as Rangers fans, wearing Rangers colours. Therefore Rangers need to take responsibility for them.

You say that there were hundreds. Even if it was 999 out of 150,000 that is a percentage of 0.007%. A bit harsh on the rest of the supporters who behaved, and also on Rangers who had no control of those who didn't have tickets (the majority of the trouble took place DURING the match).

Rawrrrrrrr

Are people on this thread genuninely dense?

UEFA have no power over what happened outwith the grounds, rangers cannot be banned from europe for it

For a group of fans who are forever moaning about corruption its rather hypocritical you want a team to have the rules recreated to punish them

You were all quick enough to moan when the SFA changed the rules to shut romanov up

I think all the no surrender, UVF and sash nonsense helps create a pretty unhealthy atmosphere amongst Rangers fans and encourages the minority of nutters even some of the names of their supporters clubs sound comfontational and nothing to do with football. In this day and age I think Rangers, the SFA, the police and parlaiment should work together on a zero tolerance policy and finally leave all that rubbish in the past where it belongs.

ToadKiller Dog

I look forward to reading prancers book "how to win friends and influence people " ,he just cant help posting in his obnoxious style ,but on this he is correct ueffa have explained there is nothing they can do.

What will happen from now on is that fans of scottish clubs will not be welcome abroad they will likely be frog marched from ports,airports to holding areas before getting into stadiums ,police will treat them as cattle.

The only real thing that can be done is proper police work aided with help from the decent rangers support/there clubs officials etc who witnessed the yobs so more of them can be caught and charged and given proper football bans meaning reporting to a police station on matchdays,but i wont hold my breath.

Quite right too. The incidents happened well away from the stadium. Yoofa is there as a football governing body not as a police force or ministry of justice.

MacDonald Jardine
OK, indulge me. Assuming that you won't vent forth the usual anti-Mersey venom that some on this board find hilarious, could you provide a detailed analysis as to why Liverpool should have been banned last year?

There were a number of links to clips on Youtube showing bottles and cans being thrown and charges at other fans at the big screen when Liverpool lost a goal.

There were also numerous stories of fans being robbed for tickets.

People can be as high and mighty as they like but how is a club meant to control who travels to the centre of another city?

There were 120,000 in Manchester apparently.

There's a fair possibility at least a few have never been near Ibrox.

CompleteIdiot
Rangers should be banned from European football next year, an MP says.

Graham Stringer, MP for Manchester Blackley, said the behaviour of the rioters was `unacceptable'.

He said: "Uefa will have to look at whether Rangers are allowed in next year's European competition. These scenes are not acceptable, and neither is the damage to individuals and property.

"Unfortunately, the only way of doing something is punishing the club."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1050011_call_to_ban_rangers_from_europe?rss=yes?rss=yes

Rangers support reminds me of a nation called England.

Celtic loset to Porto- No violence

Liverpool lost to Milan- No Violence

Arsenal lost to Barca- No Violence.

England out of Euro 2004- Violence and a documentary made about it.

Rangers lose to Zenit- full scale riot.

Theyre treates the same as England, **** all will be done but stabbing a supporter and starting a riot is ok in Uefas book.

Joke and a half.

This is a comment from the Manchester link, non Rangers fan and sums it up perfectly.

Some contributors seem to have selective memories. Rangers Fans in Europe this season have demonstrated a distinct lack of respect to areas where they visit. Again we hear of innocence and NO ARRESTS. 26 fans with Scottish addresses arrested at the Stuttgart game. Villareal Team bus was attacked by Rangers fans, culminating in a side window being smashed. Barcelona town square signage destroyed and removed, monuments used as urinals. 22 fans were arrested at Ibrox stadium (Rangers home ground)Wednesday evening while watching a ‘beam back’ of the EUFA game. Perhaps it is understandable that the initial line from Manchester was DO NOT ARRIVE WITHOUT A STADIUM TICKET. Unfortunately Rangers Football Club lobbied for fans without tickets to be allowed to travel, against the initial position taken by the authorities in Manchester. It is logical to assume that some guarantees of good behaviour were given by Rangers Football Club. Rangers Football Club appears to have created a situation where they promoted the mass exodus of Rangers fans to congregate in Manchester, however take no responsibilities for their actions. (Yet again unsavoury persons have latched on to Rangers !!) It was also noticed on the video images of the rioting that the time was 22:17. This was almost 3 hours after television feed broke. Yet we are led to believe the police started the trouble with heavy handedness. These fans have in the recent past caused their club to be fined for sectarian singing, however find it acceptable to sing the very songs in society. This Football club must be punished for the behaviour of ALL its fans. These fans must not be allowed to contaminate further towns and cities in the near future. There will of course now be the usual distractions...........What bout those fans..... This is about RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB AND IT'S FANS. TAKE RESPONSABILITY. YOU HAVE BROUGHT DISCRACE UPON THE WHOLE OF SCOTLAND.

MacDonald Jardine
Rangers support reminds me of a nation called England.

Celtic loset to Porto- No violence

Liverpool lost to Milan- No Violence

Arsenal lost to Barca- No Violence.

England out of Euro 2004- Violence and a documentary made about it.

Rangers lose to Zenit- full scale riot.

Theyre treates the same as England, **** all will be done but stabbing a supporter and starting a riot is ok in Uefas book.

Joke and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhQSuS-cmU

Denny Crane
There were a number of links to clips on Youtube showing bottles and cans being thrown and charges at other fans at the big screen when Liverpool lost a goal.

There were also numerous stories of fans being robbed for tickets.

People can be as high and mighty as they like but how is a club meant to control who travels to the centre of another city?

There were 120,000 in Manchester apparently.

There's a fair possibility at least a few have never been near Ibrox.

Not denying that this did indeed happen but is there anything tangible to substantiate this? Anecdotal hearsay has little credence.

Seen your youtube clips. I hope the authorities dealt with them appropriately. Such people shouldn't be welcome at any social gathering let alone at an event screening a football match.

Archived