Supermarket online deliveries...

UnworthyPapaLazaru

UnworthyPapaLazaru

To tip or not to tip?

Do the drivers and delivery blokes that cart your shopping (sometime to a top floor flat) deserve a tip even though you have paid a fiver for the privilage?

We have been doing online shopping/messages for a while but the missus noted a slightly awkward moment tonight and thought the guy was looking for a tip!

Is it normal practice?

Narrative Arc
To tip or not to tip?

Do the drivers and delivery blokes that cart your shopping (sometime to a top floor flat) deserve a tip even though you have paid a fiver for the privilage?

We have been doing online shopping/messages for a while but the missus noted a slightly awkward moment tonight and thought the guy was looking for a tip!

Is it normal practice?

Don't tip because of a guilt trip. he's at it.

Never used online supermarket shopping before... but if I did, I don't think I'd give the guy a tip.

Would you give the postie/UPS/Citylink etc. a tip?

As far as my understanding goes, it's essentially the same job... Anybody who works at a supermarket or as a supermarket delivery guy is free to prove me wrong.

I never tip them. Don't know if its just where I live but they always deliver our shopping right bang on the end of the time slot or up to an hour after and still expect you to pay the ?5 delivery charge (even though I've been told it will be taken off & then it isn't).

Have also had one of their deliverers moaning down the phone at me like I'm stupid because they couldn't find my flat - he had the address and its not exactly hard to find!

It's not a good enough service to be worthy of a tip.

Ron Burgundy

I might fling him a quid

Never ever tip taxi drivers though,tax fiddling gits.

North Berwick Jambo

Its manners to tip porters (hotel porters, removal men etc) mainly due do the size or weight of the load. I dont know about standard delivery men but remember this guy is probably on minimum wage & has had to troop up & down god knows how many flights of stairs each day, so next time he turns up keep that in mind. ;)

I might fling him a quid

Never ever tip taxi drivers though,tax fiddling gits.

Not all Taxi driver are tax fiddling gits, might not be their taxi they might just be driving it to make a living, and tips are how they boost their earnings.

The Old Tolbooth
Its manners to tip porters (hotel porters, removal men etc) mainly due do the size or weight of the load. I dont know about standard delivery men but remember this guy is probably on minimum wage & has had to troop up & down god knows how many flights of stairs each day, so next time he turns up keep that in mind. ;)

To hell with tipping removal men!!!

Have you seen how much these robbin *******s charge???

Archived