Tv & broadband deals

Getintaethem

Getintaethem

Moving house soon and have cancelled my virgin tv package. Was looking for the best deals.

I like having the sky sports channels, but also want BT sport and Sky Atlantic. Not really interested in having a landline but want broad band.

Am I right in saying:

I can only get sky Atlantic on sky tv?

I can't get BT sport on sky tv?

I can only get SS1 & SS2 with BT tv?

Also, BT sport used to be on freeview, is it still available on freeview?

Seems like I can't get what I want with one provider, will I have to take sky tv and BT broadband to get the channels I want?

Any help would be appreciated as I got bored trying to explain this to Rohit at Sky customer services :bored:

heartsfc_fan

This is what I have:

BT Broadband. Gets you BT Sport and Espn for free. (Around ?20 p/m for regular package includes land line, or ?31 p/m for fibre)

Freeview.

NowTV box with Sky Entertainment package. The box uses your wifi signal (?6.99 a month on a 30 day rolling contract - you get Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Arts, Gold, Comedy Central, Fox, MTV, Discovery Channel and Disney Channel). Also includes catch up TV - So BBC iPlayer etc.

Paying less than ?40 p/m for the above and don't need a satellite dish stuck on the side of my house. Can't really complain.

Don't have Sky Sports, but can usually find a stream of a match online.

weststand93

Went from sky to Virgin. I'd say get virgin Internet it's the best around. But get sky tv if you can. I find virgin tv very slow there box that is. sky tv is very simple and easy

Getintaethem

Thanks guys, I'm thinking sky tv and BT broadband which would give me free BT sports.

heartsfc_fan

Thanks guys, I'm thinking sky tv and BT broadband which would give me free BT sports.

Yep. It gets you access to their webpage and app to watch the live channels.

So basically you have the option to watch it on a laptop/PC. Or I've downloaded the app on my mobile, means I can watch matches on the go (but like sky go I guess).

Also got the app on my tablet too.

I might also buy a Google Chromecast so I can beam the match from my tablet to TV. Here is a Chromecast incase you were wondering:

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Drop me a PM with your name and email, I'll send you over a code for half price Sky for the first 12 months!

Getintaethem

Yep. It gets you access to their webpage and app to watch the live channels.

So basically you have the option to watch it on a laptop/PC. Or I've downloaded the app on my mobile, means I can watch matches on the go (but like sky go I guess).

Also got the app on my tablet too.

I might also buy a Google Chromecast so I can beam the match from my tablet to TV. Here is a Chromecast incase you were wondering:

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Just been reading up on it, if you have sky tv and BT broadband you can call BT give them the card number for your skybox and the can add it to your channels for free.

Getintaethem

Drop me a PM with your name and email, I'll send you over a code for half price Sky for the first 12 months!

Cheers Ribble,

PM sent.

Dean Winchester

You're not doing enough work when you keep beating me to these people :sob:

Archived