Kiwidoug

Bridge of Djoum

Entirely messed up my post!

Getting my coat..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, we would have been better off with another few years of the Pieman?

There are always going to be bitter supporters of hibernian on this website pretending to be Hearts. If I was subhuman pondscum, I'd be the same. Ignore them.

Bridge of Djoum

Come down off that fence now!

There are always going to be bitter supporters of hibernian on this website pretending to be Hearts. If I was subhuman pondscum, I'd be the same. Ignore them.

Part of me is grateful for the highs, part of me is angry about the lows, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near Heart of Midlothian again.

julienbrellier

Me too.

Gave us much more than other owners/chairmen.

Would buy him a pint any day just for the 1-5.

It would never have happened if it had not been for mad vlad.

Roller coaster with a dodgy ending ,but we have come out the other side. ?

seriously? is it just me that thinks the praise he seems to get on here is a bit OTT. 5-1 may well have happened without vlad. The 2012 team was probably worse than the team we had in 1998 yet we were able to win the cup with a very tight budget in 1998 against an extremely good Rangers side. I also don't remember the wages in 2012 being ridiculous as we were beginning to scale back. We had a good group (not particularly expensive) of players with an excellent manager, much like in 1998. I will credit the 2005/06 season to Vlad and he did undoubtedly inject money into the club during that season but he also singlehandedly killed off our chances to win the league that year. we should have won the league that year and whether people like it or not, it was a huge chance missed.

Also have to point out that we were extremely close to going under because of his ridiculous actions. He saved Tynecastle and for that I am greatful, but it almost cost us our club. I know this won't be popular but I also don't think he gave a sh** about us and certainly doesn't anymore. He took on the football club presumably to make some cash but obviously was a bit mental given that profiting in Scottish football is almost impossible. So please, just give all this statue stuff a rest as well as painting him as some kind of hero who saved the club. He didn't, it was us that did.

seriously? is it just me that thinks the praise he seems to get on here is a bit OTT. 5-1 may well have happened without vlad. The 2012 team was probably worse than the team we had in 1998 yet we were able to win the cup with a very tight budget in 1998 against an extremely good Rangers side. I also don't remember the wages in 2012 being ridiculous as we were beginning to scale back. We had a good group (not particularly expensive) of players with an excellent manager, much like in 1998. I will credit the 2005/06 season to Vlad and he did undoubtedly inject money into the club during that season but he also singlehandedly killed off our chances to win the league that year. we should have won the league that year and whether people like it or not, it was a huge chance missed.

Also have to point out that we were extremely close to going under because of his ridiculous actions. He saved Tynecastle and for that I am greatful, but it almost cost us our club. I know this won't be popular but I also don't think he gave a sh** about us and certainly doesn't anymore. He took on the football club presumably to make some cash but obviously was a bit mental given that profiting in Scottish football is almost impossible. So please, just give all this statue stuff a rest as well as painting him as some kind of hero who saved the club. He didn't, it was us that did.

Slags Mr Romanov. Named after a player we only signed because of Mr Romanov's largesse.

:laugh:

julienbrellier

Slags Mr Romanov. Named after a player we only signed because of Mr Romanov's largesse.

:laugh:

I didn't realise my opinion regarding Romanov and liking a former player were incompatible. Perhaps you have mentioned this because you're finding it difficult to address any of my points. Congrats

Five to One

Really not a fan of the whole Vlad love in now we've survived. The man was a lunatic and did a lot of damage to our reputation. Of course I enjoyed the good days but they were few and far between. Very happy he's gone, but I hope we have learned that the owner represents the football club. and we are all responsible for how the club conducts itself. I'm very glad we're now back to a semblance of normality with someone sane steering the ship.

Cue the seethe from the Vlad fanboys. However, I know a lot of supporters feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realise my opinion regarding Romanov and liking a former player were incompatible. Perhaps you have mentioned this because you're finding it difficult to address any of my points. Congrats

Your points are shite. 5-1 may have happened without Romanov, but we definitely would have won the league if HE HADN'T SACKED BURLEY!!!!1!

Conjecture works both ways, not just the way you want it to - hope this helps.

julienbrellier

Your points are shite. 5-1 may have happened without Romanov, but we definitely would have won the league if HE HADN'T SACKED BURLEY!!!!1!

Had a massive chance to win the league that year had we not sacked Burley. I'm not saying it was guaranteed, of course it wasn't, but the sacking of Burley and the appointment of the joker that followed, along with meddling in team selection meant that we only scraped into second place and were way off winning the league. And I said 5-1 may have happened, not that it would have definately happened. You seem to be failing to grasp that this is an opinion, and an opinion where I have not stated anything with 100% accuracy. I've certainly supported it with more fact though rather than you're juvenile response of "it's shite". Well structured argument I must say.

It seems that you are the sort of person who blindly supports someone just because they are part of HMFC. Sometimes you need to criticise if that person is hurting the club.

scott_jambo

The 05/06 crowd come on here now and again to bump their gums that Burley got sacked.

There's a new crowd on here now that Budge/CL are taking the club forward. As soon as we lose to Alloa or CL tells a fans favourite to bugger off they will "boycott" again.

It seems that you are the sort of person who blindly supports someone just because they are part of HMFC.

Correct, and when an arsehole leaves HMFC, I'll admit they were an arsehole. See Locke, Gary and Hamill, Jamie.

Mr Romanov was not an arsehole.

Stewart MacD

getting a consortium together to buy the vermin

The state they're in, it would take a consortium?

Ramblings of a drunk.

Vlad could have killed this club... we (the fans) saved it... and don't ever forget that.

Unbelievable there are people out there that still hold that joker in some esteem.

Well believe it. There are plenty of us. Best years being a Hearts supporter. Look forward to the new era though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Whilst Vlad did indeed do some great things for this club, providing us great moments and great players. There is some serious revisionism occurring here which would certainly not have been happening if things turned out badly and we were liquidated.

Just in case a number of you forgot, Vlad disappeared without a word when the going got tough and left the mess to Fedotovas and Southern to fix.

Franco Fascione

Vlad could have killed this club... we (the fans) saved it... and don't ever forget that.

Unbelievable there are people out there that still hold that joker in some esteem.

I agree with you.

tartofmidlothian

2005-2006 - one of the greatest years to be a Hearts supporter in recent memory, even with the daftness of the Burley decision.

2006-2008 - one embarrassment after another, the odd decent result aside.

2008-2012 - a few pretty successful years (not so much 2009-2010, but I've seen worse) with the most incredible grand finale.

2012-2013 - everything fizzling to a halt.

So four good to great seasons, two mediocre and two awful. Not bad going.

The Real Maroonblood

W

Also have to point out that we were extremely close to going under because of his ridiculous actions. He saved the Tynecastle and for that I am greatful, but it almost cost us our club. I know this won't be popular but I also don't think he gave a sh** about us and certainly doesn't anymore. He took on the football club presumably to make some cash but obviously was a bit mental given that profiting in Scottish football is almost impossible. So please, just give all this statue stuff a rest as well as painting him as some kind of hero who saved the club. He didn't, it was us that did.

The ott is the WUM's who are very poor at it.

Ivan Drago

Whilst Vlad did indeed do some great things for this club, providing us great moments and great players. There is some serious revisionism occurring here which would certainly not have been happening if things turned out badly and we were liquidated.

Just in case a number of you forgot, Vlad disappeared without a word when the going got tough and left the mess to Fedotovas and Southern to fix.

:cornette:

He kind of had his own shit to deal with

Without hailing or bashing him, it's fact that we would not be in our (relatively happy) position if it wasn't for Vlad.

I enjoyed the highs, his rhetoric against the SFA and many of the players I got to watch. But the cold hard fact is that it was his decision to take all the debt away from the bank and into his group of companies which made the CVA possible - regardless of his motivation for doing so at the time.

A happy accident perhaps but one which means we are all still here discussing it.

Craigieboy

Not perfect.

Saved the club. Saved Tynecastle.

Only a complete moron wouldn't be grateful.

Unknown user

Last seen whispering in Abramovich's ear, sniggering.

On a side note, I'd love to see just one last rambling, poetically incoherent monkey statement, maybe a summary of his time at the club and the battles won and lost

Big Moysey

Vlad did not take us on to make cash. He took it on as he has a massive ego. He got what he wanted. Through Hearts he featured on on sports pages in England,Italy and Spain was at the Champions League table, got his Russian submariners et all on front pages. The man craved publicity and he got that in droves, even when sending us into admin. He promised to leave us debt free.

We are extremely close to fulfilling his promise. I believe he was an extremely clever man, he wrote off millions in debt for equity that he knew was worthless. He did pay most of the tax bills that meant avoiding certain liquidation as HMRC had they had the chance would have forced that. The debt was to Ubig and Ukio that meant we had a chance of being where we are this week. The one area he could not have been certain of was the Ukio/Ubig outcome but as a gambling man he calculated on us being minor in the scheme of his empire debt.

All my opinion of course but I firmly believe the man knew what he was doing and while not totally in control delivered us one hell of a few years. Thank you Vlad, thank you Wallace Mercer and yes thanks Chris Robinson (some will say in spite of) but I say BECAUSE OF, WE ARE STILL ALIVE!

Had a massive chance to win the league that year had we not sacked Burley. I'm not saying it was guaranteed, of course it wasn't, but the sacking of Burley and the appointment of the joker that followed, along with meddling in team selection meant that we only scraped into second place and were way off winning the league. And I said 5-1 may have happened, not that it would have definately happened. You seem to be failing to grasp that this is an opinion, and an opinion where I have not stated anything with 100% accuracy. I've certainly supported it with more fact though rather than you're juvenile response of "it's shite". Well structured argument I must say.

It seems that you are the sort of person who blindly supports someone just because they are part of HMFC. Sometimes you need to criticise if that person is hurting the club.

And what chance would we of had if Romanov hadn't bought the club and brought in all those players?

:cornette:

He kind of had his own shit to deal with

So if we had been liquidated then that excuse would've made it all better then? Also, who's fault is it that he had his own shit to deal with? His own.

So if we had been liquidated then that excuse would've made it all better then? Also, who's fault is it that he had his own shit to deal with? His own.

You do realise that Vlad and his associates were removed by court order, so they had to leave whether they wanted to or not, yes?

The Great Khali

Brought us a calibre of player we could perhaps be unlikely to see at Tynecastle ever again.

Had us challenging for the league although he did go a wee bit bat shit mental throughout the season. For the record though, even if Burley stayed (or a capable replacement brought in) we still would have finished 2nd best. Celtic were an incredible side that season.

Two Scottish cups, both of which involved humiliating the shite.

Calling out the ***** from the west and the ***** from the media.

And of course, his vision of a debt free hearts coming true.

Cheers Vlad, it's been a blast.

Hearts wouldn't be where they are now without Vlad! Good or Bad?

I think mostly Good.....The man was crazy but If the debt had been to a big British bank instead of Ubig and UKIO there would currently be a Lidl where Tynecastle is now.

Yes I could have cried when he sacked Burley after winning the first 11-12 games of the season but as others have said look at the team we had that year! Still makes me smile now thinking about it :)

Highs and lows all became a bit to much to take in the end and I'm delighted we are now where we are with AB and CL.

I think he got bored with us in the end once we stopped chanting his name and wearing "Romanov hats"

Geoff Kilpatrick

We made a loss of 2M pounds sterling in 1997/98.

People seem to forget that.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

It baffles me how people are so blinded and foget that Vlad took us on when we were ?20m in debt and our only plan from the pieman was to sell our only asset and rent out a rugby stadium that we would struggle to fill 1/5 of on average match days.. in fact probably less given the amount of fans who would have stayed away in protest

Vlad made mistakes but I'd say they were weighed out by the highs of those 8 years, and the fact that we are at Tynecastle and still alive. Yes his profligacy with Hearts and in his own business dealings could have led to a different outcome but it didn't, we're still here, and regardless of the intent his actions started a process to lead us out of debt. As painful as admin has been and the fact it has led to relegation it allowed budge/the foundation to step in for ?2.5m whereas if we'd entered an insolvency event in 2004/5 the bank wouldnt have agreed to that and tynecastle would have been sold

It baffles me how people are so blinded and foget that Vlad took us on when we were ?20m in debt and our only plan from the pieman was to sell our only asset and rent out a rugby stadium that we would struggle to fill 1/5 of on average match days.. in fact probably less given the amount of fans who would have stayed away in protest

Vlad made mistakes but I'd say they were weighed out by the highs of those 8 years, and the fact that we are at Tynecastle and still alive. Yes his profligacy with Hearts and in his own business dealings could have led to a different outcome but it didn't, we're still here, and regardless of the intent his actions started a process to lead us out of debt. As painful as admin has been and the fact it has led to relegation it allowed budge/the foundation to step in for ?2.5m whereas if we'd entered an insolvency event in 2004/5 the bank wouldnt have agreed to that and tynecastle would have been sold

Without the Vlad era we would have had that debt hanging over our heads forever....He said he would take care of the debt and he did just not quite the way we anticipated but hey who cares its gone :)

Dallas Green

Like him.

Hope he is doing well.

Does he get a lifetime seat in the directors box like Robinson?

punkrockcroc

Ramblings of a drunk.

Aye Murrayfield would've been better.

punkrockcroc

Like him.

Hope he is doing well.

Does he get a lifetime seat in the directors box like Robinson?

Robinson should be made to pay for every game he attends at Tynecastle IMO.

Cupar Jambo

Robinson should be made to pay for every game he attends at Tynecastle IMO.

Could be wrong here but I believe Robinson is the only ex chair/director who takes all freebies both home and away with people like Deans and Foulkes and others buying their ST's

grumpyjambo

Vlad did not take us on to make cash. He took it on as he has a massive ego. He got what he wanted. Through Hearts he featured on on sports pages in England,Italy and Spain was at the Champions League table, got his Russian submariners et all on front pages. The man craved publicity and he got that in droves, even when sending us into admin. He promised to leave us debt free.

We are extremely close to fulfilling his promise. I believe he was an extremely clever man, he wrote off millions in debt for equity that he knew was worthless. He did pay most of the tax bills that meant avoiding certain liquidation as HMRC had they had the chance would have forced that. The debt was to Ubig and Ukio that meant we had a chance of being where we are this week. The one area he could not have been certain of was the Ukio/Ubig outcome but as a gambling man he calculated on us being minor in the scheme of his empire debt.

All my opinion of course but I firmly believe the man knew what he was doing and while not totally in control delivered us one hell of a few years. Thank you Vlad, thank you Wallace Mercer and yes thanks Chris Robinson (some will say in spite of) but I say BECAUSE OF, WE ARE STILL ALIVE!

Since none of you know where he is, which was the question I aked, I'm going to contract Sergay to find him. He has many contacts in the former communist bloc and is currently available having just concluded his last 10 year contract.

Quite sure he is still in Russia. They arrested him then let him go. If they have no interest in turning him over to the Liths then I see no reason for him to go anywhere else.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Well said CBjambo agree with every word you said

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rossthejambo

Wherever Vlad is, I hope he doesn't judge us all on the ramblings of the ignorant simpletons who don't see what a job he did for us.

Took us on when we were on the brink of homelessness, gave us a new lease of life, brought us in players we could only dream of seeing, won us two cups, humiliating Hibs both times, had a few European adventures thrown into the bargain, and as promised, a debt free Hearts is about to be delivered.

The lack of respect he gets for what he's done for us from a fair amount of fans is really disappointing.

Wherever you are Vlad, I hope you're having a great time of it.

Wherever Vlad is, I hope he doesn't judge us all on the ramblings of the ignorant simpletons who don't see what a job he did for us.

Took us on when we were on the brink of homelessness, gave us a new lease of life, brought us in players we could only dream of seeing, won us two cups, humiliating Hibs both times, had a few European adventures thrown into the bargain, and as promised, a debt free Hearts is about to be delivered.

The lack of respect he gets for what he's done for us from a fair amount of fans is really disappointing.

Post of the year so far.

Thank you Ross.

Ivan Drago

Yeah but the man went bankrupt in the process, which makes him scum apparently

Yeah but the man went bankrupt in the process, which makes him scum apparently

Crazy how these people can't see the sacrifices Vlad made for us.

colinmaroon

Swimming in Loch Ness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great place to hide out!

I mean it's been 2 billion years and they haven't caught that monster fella yet!

Excellent post.

Archived