Glentoran Pre-season

robin hood jambo

robin hood jambo

Has this game been confirmed yet? I've been on the Glentoran website but cant see anything on it.

Takis4king
Has this game been confirmed yet? I've been on the Glentoran website but cant see anything on it.

Apparently it has been. 7.45pm on the 14th July i believe.

gorgiegeordielad08
aye on the evin news couple o weeks ago 14th july:)still in belfast at the time so am gonny go

It better be, i've already booked my flights and got the few days off work.

glentoranhearts

Really looking forward:welcome:

Linfield was brilliant so hoping for a repeat:653::food-smiley-004:

portobellojambo1

There is nothing on Glentoran's website at the moment, and if you contact HMFC they will tell you that they have not finalised details of their pre season schedule yet. But there were comments in the paper recently, made by the

Chairman/Owner (?) of Glentoran indicating arrangements were at an advanced stage and as far as he was concerned the game was a YES. I am booked up to go across.

On a side note, one for the mathematicians or female members of the board, does anyone have any idea what 10 kgs equates to in terms of clothing.

IMA MAROON
I'm booked to go, flights for ?5.49 each way is a bargain

That is a bargian, thought they would be expensive because of the time of year.

glentoranhearts
I'm booked to go, flights for ?5.49 each way is a bargain

How do you go about that if you dont mind me asking

Cheers:)

portobellojambo1
How do you go about that if you dont mind me asking

Cheers:)

What upthehill has stated is factually correct, as I have the same flights, i.e. ?5.49 each way, however he failed to add that on top of that you have to pay ?58 and a bit in taxes, return flights come in at ?69.98 Edinburgh to George Best Belfast City Airport.

There are also flights available by Easyjet to Belfast International (old Aldergrove Airport), but that airport is around 15 miles outside of Belfast, and is about a 30-45 minute taxi journey (or ?5 by bus) to Belfast City Centre.

Nucky Thompson
What upthehill has stated is factually correct, as I have the same flights, i.e. ?5.49 each way, however he failed to add that on top of that you have to pay ?58 and a bit in taxes, return flights come in at ?69.98 Edinburgh to George Best Belfast City Airport.
Still no bad though PJ1:)

There is nothing on Glentoran's website at the moment, and if you contact HMFC they will tell you that they have not finalised details of their pre season schedule yet. But there were comments in the paper recently, made by the

Chairman/Owner (?) of Glentoran indicating arrangements were at an advanced stage and as far as he was concerned the game was a YES. I am booked up to go across.

On a side note, one for the mathematicians or female members of the board, does anyone have any idea what 10 kgs equates to in terms of clothing.

A football strip weights 250gms so 40 strips weight 10kgs:rolleyes:

1 sock and a thong :eek:

portobellojambo1
Still no bad though PJ1:)

Agree it is a decent price, and it is a decent departure time as well.

I had considered Easyjet, but their departure time is around 07:00 am, with booking in an hour prior to that. It isn't particularly convenient for me in Portobello, I would be up about 4 in the morning to start getting ready, taxi across to the airport then you get off the plane at the other end still exhausted, go straight onto the electric soup and end up totally nuggets by lunchtime.

glentoranhearts

There are also flights available by Easyjet to Belfast International (old Aldergrove Airport), but that airport is around 15 miles outside of Belfast, and is about a 30-45 minute taxi journey (or ?5 by bus) to Belfast City Centre.

Cheers PJ1

portobellojambo1
A football strip weights 250gms so 40 strips weight 10kgs:rolleyes:

Cheers Peter, I should be able to pack somewhere within those parameters. ;)

I had considered Easyjet, but their departure time is around 07:00 am, with booking in an hour prior to that. It isn't particularly convenient for me in Portobello, I would be up about 4 in the morning to start getting ready, taxi across to the airport then you get off the plane at the other end still exhausted, go straight onto the electric soup and end up totally nuggets by lunchtime.

I am on that flight but thanks to my daughter I have been getting up at 6 for 2 years now so no problem to me. Good thing is that your in Belfast for just after 8 and plenty of time to get to hotel before going out for a small sherry.

Anyone recommend somewhere to stay?

Cheers Peter, I should be able to pack somewhere within those parameters. ;)

You'll just have to pick wisely from your vast shoe collection. :P

Four pairs should suffice.

portobellojambo1
I am on that flight but thanks to my daughter I have been getting up at 6 for 2 years now so no problem to me. Good thing is that your in Belfast for just after 8 and plenty of time to get to hotel before going out for a small sherry.

Anyone recommend somewhere to stay?

You might find something in amongst this lot PTBCAL, all depends how much you are willing to pay I suppose.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels&near=Belfast,+County+Antrim&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

On the extreme right hand side of the wee map are the letters Str (start of Strandtown), the ground is roundabout there

Anyone recommend somewhere to stay?[/QUOTE]

The Days Hotel .Hope Street/Sandy Row was where i stayed the Linfield game and was one of the best Hotels i have ever stayed in.Peter.

You might find something in amongst this lot PTBCAL, all depends how much you are willing to pay I suppose.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels&near=Belfast,+County+Antrim&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

On the extreme right hand side of the wee map are the letters Str (start of Strandtown), the ground is roundabout there

Cheers.

Anyone recommend somewhere to stay?[/QUOTE]

The Days Hotel .Hope Street/Sandy Row was where i stayed the Linfield game and was one of the best Hotels i have ever stayed in.Peter.

I have heard this is a good one - might have a wee look re price etc...

Cheers

CornhillHearts

Search trip advisor -Jurys/Travel Lodge/Days etc fine, Hilton-taxi only late at night as you have to go through "The Markets", when at game look out for low flying planes!

Doctor FinnBarr

Flying on the Sunday returning on Tuesday, Easyjet from Edinburgh ?43 or Ryanair from Prestwick ?23.

:)

philpy1874

Not being Secterian in anyway, but if the game is on the 14th of July i can go over on the 10th and stay for the Orange Walk on the 12th :D:cool::)

Sorry if any offence is taken!

Winston Ingram

Was there last time we played there.. Jury's a great bet for somewhere to stay. Slap in middle of town, good prices and a good bar in hotel...

broxburnjambo

So Iain, take it you booked the same flight as me, or are you travelling with the other Porty boys on the red eye flight?

broxburnjambo
So Iain, take it you booked the same flight as me, or are you travelling with the other Porty boys on the red eye flight?

Just got your e/mail. Good man. Have been in touch with Alan, regarding digs.

robin hood jambo

Actually booked flights yesterday so i can rest easy now and start looking for hotels.

Does it not feel strange booking a preseason trip when the league and cup have still to be decided?

magalufhearts

Cheers lads, just booked for 4 of us from the Prestonpans Hearts, flights worked out at 46 each and hotel 34 each. spend that up town on a session anyway!!!

Doctor FinnBarr
Cheers lads, just booked for 4 of us from the Prestonpans Hearts, flights worked out at 46 each and hotel 34 each. spend that up town on a session anyway!!!

Where did you find a hotel at ?34?

:confused:

Deans Jambo

This place reasonably priced for double/twin rooms, ?39 each for 2 nights (?19.50 for 1 night-Mon)- http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/renshaws.html?aid=303948;label=belfast-zFREwe_dojVjh2MY5x6VmgS1094842941;sid=b259fd9eed166134280c6d011661899d;checkin=2008-07-13;checkout=2008-07-15

Jurys Inn works out about ?46 each if 3 sharing for 2 nights (sun/mon)(?23 for 1 night-Mon). -

http://belfasthotels.jurysinns.com/

Jambosimmy

me and a couple of mates have booked up to go over on the 13th but accomodation we havent even thought about. prob just find a cheap hostel to kip in

Archived