Premiership Sponsorship

Jambos_1874

Jambos_1874

Sorry to sound negative on what is a joyous day for all Jambos but, thinking longer-term, Hibs being relegated is going to make finding a sponsor for the Premiership even more challenging. Even with Hearts and The Rangers inevitably being promoted next season I still think it will be a challenge to find a sponsor for even the 2015/16 season. Having three of Scotland's biggest teams in the second tier does not look good for Scottish football and it is hard to believe that Edinburgh won't have a Premiership team next season (must've been a long time since that happened). Shorter term it will definitely benefit us though as having four derbies to look forward to can only be a positive from a financial perspective. I always think of Hearts first and foremost but I do want the game in Scotland to be successful as a whole (with exception of for the OF).

We might get a combined deal for all the leagues, especially if the Championship is where it's at for next season.

Someone like BT Sport should take up the sponsorship, and they could get the exclusive rights to broadcast the games...

manaliveits105

What if a sponsor decides to sponsor the championship only or indeed a tv company buys the rights to show live championship games?

jamboinglasgow

One thing this has done has made the Championship a very interesting prospect for TV companies. You 3 out of 5 of the biggest supported clubs in country all playing a league where they could be creating a 3 way fight to get the title. It has numbers and excitement. There was an article earlier on in the year saying that the SPFL is getting a lot of companies interested in covering the Championship, the issue between the SPFL and these companies was length of contract (tv companies wanting 1 year, SPFL wanted 3 years) and worries about uncertainty of Rangers future.

Sorry to sound negative on what is a joyous day for all Jambos but, thinking longer-term, Hibs being relegated is going to make finding a sponsor for the Premiership even more challenging. Even with Hearts and The Rangers inevitably being promoted next season I still think it will be a challenge to find a sponsor for even the 2015/16 season. Having three of Scotland's biggest teams in the second tier does not look good for Scottish football and it is hard to believe that Edinburgh won't have a Premiership team next season (must've been a long time since that happened). Shorter term it will definitely benefit us though as having four derbies to look forward to can only be a positive from a financial perspective. I always think of Hearts first and foremost but I do want the game in Scotland to be successful as a whole (with exception of for the OF).

It's never happened before.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Edinburgh Football"

I hate that saying, it means shit all to me. If Hearts aren't there, I am not exactly going to take comfort in those reptiles stinking out the top flight.

I think it's hilarious that the Easter Rodents are being slapped in the face by the big maroon boaby of irony.

Sponsorship? I blame Doncaster for that one. Useless insipid prick that he is.

Jambof3tornado

Four edinburgh derby matches,four us v sevco and four sevco v hobos.

12 massive matches that will be on the telly box.

No league split either,now there is something to really look forward to.

"Edinburgh Football"

I hate that saying, it means shit all to me. If Hearts aren't there, I am not exactly going to take comfort in those reptiles stinking out the top flight.

I think it's hilarious that the Easter Rodents are being slapped in the face by the big maroon boaby of irony.

Sponsorship? I blame Doncaster for that one. Useless insipid prick that he is.

Fantastic post.

Archived