What bands are floating your boat right now?

i8hibsh

tommythejambo

Think the Last Shadow Puppets album is fecking awesome.

Also been really getting into the Stone Roses, never used to like them that much.

Malcolm Tucker

We Are Scientists, The Courteeners, The Maccabees, Interpol, Foals and Eagles of Death Metal.

Loving these bands at the moment!

Sheryl Crow - Detours is an awesome album and well worth checking out. Really looking forward to her gigs next month.

The Wombats - tremendous.

And having thought I'd missed out, picked up tickets today to see The Pigeon Detectives on Saturday night.

tommythejambo
Sheryl Crow - Detours is an awesome album and well worth checking out. Really looking forward to her gigs next month.

And having thought I'd missed out, picked up tickets today to see The Pigeon Detectives on Saturday night.

Not a fan. Overly cheesy for my liking.

chester copperpot

We have our first KB person who's came out.

For me it has to be the Take That reunion. :rolleyes:

We have our first KB person who's came out.

For me it has to be the Take That reunion. :rolleyes:

How anyone can even jokingly compare a 9 time Grammy award winner with a washed up boyband is beyond me...

Each to their own!

chester copperpot
How anyone can even jokingly compare a 9 time Grammy award winner with a washed up boyband is beyond me...

Each to their own!

I was being severely sarcastic when I posted the Take That comment mate ;)

Wish regards the 9 time Grammy award winner, please. I cannae argue anymore, I'm argued out, but its fair to say, I think she's pish. :)

Wish regards the 9 time Grammy award winner, please. I cannae argue anymore, I'm argued out, but its fair to say, I think she's pish. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Crow

Yup, 9.

Definitely ain't everyones cup of tea, but I think she's up there with Ryan Adams. Another of my favourites.

Consider it an education and not an arguement. ;)

chester copperpot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Crow

Yup, 9.

Definitely ain't everyones cup of tea, but I think she's up there with Ryan Adams. Another of my favourites.

Consider it an education and not an arguement. ;)

Lol @ Bryan Adams. I dont like arguing with people over their music choice, because I hate being right. ;)

But lets face it, I am great at picking music, have a look at this mate, you will hate it, but at least that will give me some comfort.

watch?v=pDb8LZq93ck

Hate this band, but probably the only song I've enjoyed thats been released in ages.

Lol @ Bryan Adams. I dont like arguing with people over their music choice, because I hate being right. ;)

RYAN Adams you big numptie

chester copperpot
RYAN Adams you big numptie

Im bad, slightly better than my gaff.

But lets face it, I am great at picking music.

Not if you're reading abilities are anything to go by.

chester copperpot
Not if you're reading abilities are anything to go by.

Harsh but fair ;)

Did a youtube on Ryan Adams Not my thing.

I always go a bit overboard with Youtube videos on threads like these but heres a few bands I'm liking just now..

Finch. Always loved them and pretty damn excited to be seeing them at King Tuts tonight!

Cobra Starship. Always liked them too but saw them last night and they are such a fun live band. I love this video too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=co6BJtTll7A

Alkaline Trio. Just because they're amazing.

Mayday Parade. Just good solid pop punk. They're going to be the 'new' Fall Out Boy, although that probably isn't a good thing.

Last but not least, Sergeant. Best thing out of Glenrothes since...well ever. You've probably heard them on the radio but it's just some good summery pop songs. Plus they are mates of a mate so I need to plug them!

My love for Foo Fighters was resurrected with the new album, after a couple of lazy efforts. The first band I ever saw live.

Uncharacterisically for me given my usual musical tastes (I be a metalhead), Pendulum have been doin it for me as well.

Also, I've been getting into more acoustic based music recently. Since I laid down my old electric and bought an acoustic guitar, I've been listening to James Taylor and the like.

Jambo_LuLu
Think the Last Shadow Puppets album is fecking awesome.

Agreed. Fantastic!

Say what you want about Turner - he's gonna be around a while!

Also, I've been getting into more acoustic based music recently. Since I laid down my old electric and bought an acoustic guitar, I've been listening to James Taylor and the like.

Aye, he did a cracking version of the Starsky and Hutch theme!

vegas-voss
I always go a bit overboard with Youtube videos on threads like these but heres a few bands I'm liking just now..

Finch. Always loved them and pretty damn excited to be seeing them at King Tuts tonight!

Cobra Starship. Always liked them too but saw them last night and they are such a fun live band. I love this video too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=co6BJtTll7A

Alkaline Trio. Just because they're amazing.

Mayday Parade. Just good solid pop punk. They're going to be the 'new' Fall Out Boy, although that probably isn't a good thing.

Last but not least, Sergeant. Best thing out of Glenrothes since...well ever. You've probably heard them on the radio but it's just some good summery pop songs. Plus they are mates of a mate so I need to plug them!

The last video sounds like a cross between The Bluetones and Cast

hmfc_liam06

Brashy, living not too far from glenrothes, everyone (well everyone in the age range from 15-19 and who shop in topshop) love Sergeant, for me they are truely gash, very much a bitch band.

I am currently enjoying the music of -

The Sunshine Underground

Rilo Kiley

Foo Fighters

Daughtry

Editors

Kings of Leon

The Enemy

The Cribs

The Arcade Fire

Maximo Park

among others.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6UX0p7uAW2s

It's a bit passe, but since I saw their performance at Radio One's Big Weekend last Saturday, I can't get The Ting Tings out of my head. I'm loving this song.

"Are you calling me darling'?

Are you calling me 'bird'?"

I saw them on Jonathon Ross and again on the Big Weekend, seemed quite good. Will be "checking them out" at T this year...

Jambo_LuLu

Last Shadow Puppets

Sons and Daughters

Glasvegas

British Sea Power (only heard Do you like Rock Music?)

Twilight Sad

Little Man Tate

Beth Rowley

Goldfrapp's latest album - Tremendous

bigbryanthejambo

Recently found The Lemonheads ( even though theyve been about for a bit).

Still not tired of The Best of the Bluetones.

Jets to brazil are worth a listen.

And Track Number 10 from the Grand Theft Auto IV Official soundtrack CD is rocking my world. It's the sound of a Friday night. "vagabond" by greenskeepers. You know you want to download it.

tapes n tapes

patrick watson

the walkmen

sufjan stevens

white rabbits

band of horses

have all been on the ipod for the last couple weeks. not everyones cup of tea but a bit more off the beaten path than most of the shouts so far

the white rabbits supported the walkmen at a gig in canada my mate was at. They are trememdous.

you'd give her one tho CC ;)

she has an amqzing body

tut tut, be shamed ;)

But lets face it, I am great at picking music, have a look at this mate, you will hate it, but at least that will give me some comfort.

watch?v=pDb8LZq93ck

Hate this band, but probably the only song I've enjoyed thats been released in ages.

Rockstar?!? What an awful choice of song to try and win a music debate with.

As for the question, liking Pendulum just now and getting back into Daft Punk big tim.

Ivan Drago
Rockstar?!? What an awful choice of song to try and win a music debate with.

As for the question, liking Pendulum just now and getting back into Daft Punk big tim.

:eek:

thaylor_1874

Anyone heard of Sneaky Sound System? Got one of their albums for my birthday and not listened to it yet, think they're an Australian electro band.

Bordeaux 03

Went to school with all the guys from Sergeant and think they will go quite far. Already played TITP and Glastobury last year and supported about every band you can think of.

ps you forgot about Dougray Scott ;)

Archived