Proof the "poppy" debt was paid.

Mr Sifter

Can someone help me out here. I recall seeing a copy of an email/letter from the Haig fund confirming that any outstanding debt had been paid.

Can anyone provide it for me? Just to deal with a rabid hobo on Facebook.

Cheers ;-)

I read a statement from the charity in a paper at the time - can't remember which one though, sorry.

I read a statement from the charity in a paper at the time - can't remember which one though, sorry.

No probs mate cheers

The charity confirmed it was paid to the EEN. They also confirmed to BDO, when the list of creditors was published.

Generic Username

This "stole from charities" pish makes it sound like we've kicked an old Salvation Army biddy to the ground and taken her collection tin off her in the middle of the street.

kylelauren01

Also wrong that the "clubs own charity" Big Hearts was owed ?34k. That was a load of keech as well.

Rudolf's Mate

Didn't someone from JKB personally confirm it had been paid? Seem to recall a poster categorically saying he seen first hand that it was. Even before EEN printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsalldothebeattie

Someone post it on Scum.net and put this whole thing to rest. But we all know they will find something else to bitch about

Craigieboy

This "stole from charities" pish makes it sound like we've kicked an old Salvation Army biddy to the ground and taken her collection tin off her in the middle of the street.

We kind of did.

:sob:

Cheatz of Midlothian.

Nucky Thompson

Why would you need 'proof' for any rabid Hobo? Even if you slapped him around the face with the 'proof' he would still deny it existed.

Who gives a feck what they think anyway? It's all they have to try and make them feel superior

This is the kind of thread that gives hibees stiffies the mere mention charities may have been cheated.

If any of them bring it up with me I just say

.'No charities were cheated by Hearts. But you knew that anyway, didn't you?'And leave it at that and walk away.

No explanation required.

Rudolf's Mate
Was it not Gasman who paid it?

That was the one I was thinking of. Didn't want to say he actually paid it in case I was wrong but thought that was the case.

Seem to recall it was being debated over whether it was or not and he gave a pretty straight answer :lol:

Fleck off u hibbi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That for me? Coolio ;-)

Cheers guys, turns out a quick google search brings up a Herald article confirming exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers again.

queensferryjambo

Seriously if you are arguing with someone who wants to use charity payments that have very publicly been paid there is no point in arguing. Their minds are made up no matter what the facts are - it is petty point scoring.

I have had to remind people that whilst Hearts may have owed charities money it has since been paid and also that Hearts and their supporters have paid tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds into these charities over decades.

The charities themselves appreciate the support shown by Hearts and their supporters and appreciate the mess the club was left in. The same charities will continue to get contributions from Hearts and their supporters for generations to come.

Any rational person will realise this is and was the case - anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is just a bitter H1b5 loser IMO

Maroon 1874

Seriously if you are arguing with someone who wants to use charity payments that have very publicly been paid there is no point in arguing. Their minds are made up no matter what the facts are - it is petty point scoring.

I have had to remind people that whilst Hearts may have owed charities money it has since been paid and also that Hearts and their supporters have paid tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds into these charities over decades.

The charities themselves appreciate the support shown by Hearts and their supporters and appreciate the mess the club was left in. The same charities will continue to get contributions from Hearts and their supporters for generations to come.

Any rational person will realise this is and was the case - anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is just a bitter H1b5 loser IMO

Outstanding post

Gregory House M.D.

Was it not Gasman who paid it?

Another Kickbacker paid the Red Cross bill as well IIRC.

Seymour M Hersh

On the subject of clubs and charities I was talking to a girl today who is heavily involved in one of the biggest corporates who fund raise for charities. She deals with football clubs as part of her remit and was full of praise for Heart of Midlothian FC and aberdeen fc when it comes to involvement and cooperation. I asked who was least helpful and guess what? It's that shower of shite from fester rodent. Even getting something as simple as a signed football for an event is like getting blood out of a stone.

So there you go ya hobo vermin if you're looking in. GIRFUY!

I'll be honest mate it's not even an argument. It was simply to shut up a slaiver of a Hibby on my facebook who likes to have a pop at the Hearts at every opportunity. The fact that he's not very knowledgable about what goes on with us never seems to hinder him in his attempts to try and stick the boot in.

Anyway, it's been dealt with ;-)

Craigieboy

Bear in mind that these hibs fans are the same arseholes who regularly disrespect the remembrance service at Haymarket by harping on about stuff along the lines of 'Hearts won the war lolz'.

Ignore the fecking idiots.

The bill is in the list of creditors so it is public knowledge and it was settled before the annual pilgrimage to Contalmaison lst June. It was not paid by Gasman but it was paid and that is the important point.

The Gasman

That was the one I was thinking of. Didn't want to say he actually paid it in case I was wrong but thought that was the case.

Seem to recall it was being debated over whether it was or not and he gave a pretty straight answer :lol:

The money due to the Lady Haig Poppy Factory was paid in full by McCrae's Battalion Trust.

I simply made a donation to the Trust to cover that, so they were not out of pocket either.

Correct.

Can someone help me out here. I recall seeing a copy of an email/letter from the Haig fund confirming that any outstanding debt had been paid.

Can anyone provide it for me? Just to deal with a rabid hobo on Facebook.

Cheers ;-)

Ask him how much charity money Edinburgh Hibernian PLC paid back in 1991 when they went bust.

Guest GhostHunter

Having a rabid, slavering hibby on your facebook.

That's your mistake right there.

Templeton Peck

Funny how none of them question how much their own Ian Murray paid to charity from his testimonial fund.

Ian was quite happy to tell everyone who would listen at the start of his appeals payments would be made, but then went strangely quiet when he saw the crowd.

I find it distasteful and crass talking about who did and didn't pay the bill. What matters is it was paid.

Archived