Twitter

Alwaysinourshadows

Alwaysinourshadows

Ok, so I just set up a twitter account a couple of days ago. Now when i go to follow someone, for some reason they aren't receiving a notification to tell them that I have followed them. Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it?

Chester™

Ok, so I just set up a twitter account a couple of days ago. Now when i go to follow someone, for some reason they aren't receiving a notification to tell them that I have followed them. Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it?

That happens a lot. I wouldnt worry about it TBH.

Do they have it set up to receive notifications when they get followed/mentioned/etc. When i firrst joined i had this turned on as i wasn't very active and could easily miss stuff. Now i'm more active so have disabled it so as not to block up my emails.

Alwaysinourshadows

Do they have it set up to receive notifications when they get followed/mentioned/etc. When i firrst joined i had this turned on as i wasn't very active and could easily miss stuff. Now i'm more active so have disabled it so as not to block up my emails.

Yeh my mate has all this set up yet when I follow him he doesn't receive a notification. It must be something do to with my account.

Alwaysinourshadows

That happens a lot. I wouldnt worry about it TBH.

then you'll end up with hardly any followers...

Deleted my Twitter account because I got bored of winding up hibs and celtic fans.

Apparantly I have been told if anyone is having trouble with BT - go onto Twitter and have a right go at them. It works better than an old fashioned letter or an email.

Chester™

Yeh my mate has all this set up yet when I follow him he doesn't receive a notification. It must be something do to with my account.

Nope. Happens to a lot of people. There are loads of folk moaning on Twitter thats notifications do not work properly and havent for awhile.

then you'll end up with hardly any followers...

How so?

Alwaysinourshadows

Nope. Happens to a lot of people. There are loads of folk moaning on Twitter thats notifications do not work properly and havent for awhile.

How so?

If you follow someone but they don't even realise that you have followed them, then they aren't going to follow back are they?

Chester™

If you follow someone but they don't even realise that you have followed them, then they aren't going to follow back are they?

Of course, if you use certain apps or use the web based Twitter on a regular basis, you'll know or see when someone follows you. It doesnt really matter if they come through on e-mails et al.

Edit: and if they dont get a notification, it doesnt mean its your account thats the issue. It might be at the other end.

Ocean of maroon

Those desperate people that obsess over their "following/followers ratio" need to get a grip. It's the same on Instagram, probably more so in fact. Grown men giving it "#l4l #f4f #instagood #iphone #love"

I had a problem with online banking. Tweeted them, answered within minutes. No hanging about on the phone listening to green sleeves.......

Archived