The Big Bang Theory

Craig R

Surely one of the worst attempts at comedy ever. Even worse than Dharma and Greg, My Hero and My Family. Why the hell did C4 buy the rights to air this guff?

surely nothing is worse than "My Family"?

Tune in to C4 now and witness it first hand. So bad.

Ivan Drago

I watched it for 5 minutes before turning over. Almost as bad as Friends or Will and Grace or Just Shoot Me or Everyone Hates Raymond or....

Can't be any worse than 'Headcases', surely?

Watching Friday the 13th on Bravo+1 just now. :cool:

jamboinglasgow
Can't be any worse than 'Headcases', surely?

Watching Friday the 13th on Bravo+1 just now. :cool:

I like Headcases, but agree big bang theory is rubbish.

As for my family, when the character (forget his name but eldest son) left the whole show went downhill. He was the only reason I watched it. THe two idiots they brought into replace him are poor.

Too much poor quality and US comedy rarely works. It is too maticusly planned as I have something against teams of writers (i.e. 10 writers for one episode) when some of the funniest British comedy was written by a pair of comedians. Though like family guy they at least dont stick to a formulaic process. THe only few decent american (non-cartoon) comedies of last 5 years have been curb your enthusasism and arrested development as they are different and bother not to keep the same forumla.

Ivan Drago

As for my family, when the character (forget his name but eldest son) left the whole show went downhill. He was the only reason I watched it. THe two idiots they brought into replace him are poor.

Too much poor quality and US comedy rarely works. It is too maticusly planned as I have something against teams of writers (i.e. 10 writers for one episode) when some of the funniest British comedy was written by a pair of comedians. Though like family guy they at least dont stick to a formulaic process. THe only few decent american (non-cartoon) comedies of last 5 years have been curb your enthusasism and arrested development as they are different and bother not to keep the same forumla.

I'd add My Name is Earl to that list, i think its absolute quality

Its worth enduring for Kaley Cuoco.

Im in love!

yep - Dear Santa.....

Well I only watched the first half of the first episode tbf and thought it was murder so turned it off.

The Victoria Beckham with Spielberg scene wasn't funny at all and the one with Prince William and Harry and the pizza was even worse.. just didn't make me laugh at all.

jamboinglasgow
Well I only watched the first half of the first episode tbf and thought it was murder so turned it off.

The Victoria Beckham with Spielberg scene wasn't funny at all and the one with Prince William and Harry and the pizza was even worse.. just didn't make me laugh at all.

I have to agree the two you listed aren't funny but others are, such as the Iranian president calling for nuclear arms by saying the west should not be racist give them nuclear.

I think that program is hit and miss most of the time but if a show makes me laugh then I watch it, thats why I avoid catherine tate like the plague, she has only ever made laugh once.

Rick Grimes

Headcases has its moments but its generally poor.

TBBT is ok, as long as you accept the characters being sad stereotypes. Its by the creators of Dharma & Gregg, hence the sloppiness of the characters design. that said, the lanky streak of **** in it holds it all together. he's very funny.

Big Bang Theory is dreadful.

But like Eck said the bird is fit.

Talking of which 8 Simple Rules is funnier.

I watched one whole episode of this, despite knowing even by looking at the adverts that it'd be ****e. I did this so that I'd have something to moan about in future.

"I know, let's put unsympathetic characters into unbelievably unlikely situations! Hilarity will ensue!"

Will it ****. Stupid *****.

Archived