How Ya Feelin?  

810 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Today

• Very Happy - My Cup Floweth Over
    • Happy - It's not full But I Like The Taste
    • Content - Cup of Tea, But There's Nae Sugar
    • Unhappy - 'I Never Remember Having a Full Cup'
    • Very Unhappy - My Name is Gary Locke

I'm disappointed that there isn't a roll for Garry Locke, unless he was offered the coach job and saw it too much of a step down, who knows. The players who have been let go would only have been squad players at any other club, so overall quite happy that Ann Budge is getting stuck into what needs done from day one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Very happy. Bit dubious about certain decisions but pleased that there's been a clear plan

Nookie Bear

I'm a bit unsure why people are so happy at this point in time?

The squad is much weaker than it was yesterday.

We have sacked our manager and replaced him with a head coach with no experience.

At this moment in time there are more questions than answers.

I might be more comfortable when other pieces of the jig- saw are put in place, but at the moment we have taken a step back.

Because there is a coherent policy from the top and not just a bunch of wild ideas carried out on a whim.

I have waited a long time to be rid of the previous regime and am happy to give the new one more than one day to prove themselves, as I am sure they will.

Even 'Rangers' fans like her style...is that a good thing ?

1, 'In her first day in charge she has done at Hearts exactly what should have been done at Ibrox two years ago and still needs to be done.

I watched the news thread on Hearts shortly after reading a thread on here where a poster is apparently suggesting we pay ?15k a week to ex-players to play in the Scottish Championship. Incredible.'

2. 'She has done more in a day to preserve the future of Hearts than anyone at Ibrox has done in years.

She may have appointed an inexperienced coach but he is supported by a Director of Football who, whilst not everyone's cup of tea, has a wealth of experience as well as a strong affinity to the club.

And they are executing a plan that they have obviously been working on.'

Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson V Gary Locke and Billy Brown

Come on now.

If only we were offered that at the start of the season.

Regarding the players, Hammill pissed in his own chips a little too often, Stevenson came onto a game when it was too late and was sadly injury prone. Jamie was the busiest keeper in the league and showed he was up to it, so I presume we are replacing him with someone that is better value for the money.

Levein's been round the block, he knows what he is doing. He'll have a list of replacements.

Budge definitely knows what she is doing.

I dont think letting Jamie Mac go is a good move, but bringing back Craig Levein is a masterstroke of genius proportions :) I am sorry for Gary Locke but it is clear that Ann will run things her way, with no emotional decisions and that is a great thing.

Pretty much sums up my feelings,"battle of the Budge"has begun.

New beginning but did it need to start with a night of the long knives style purge? Locke and the others have stuck by this club through the worst time ever and should have been shown more respect. How many of us would want to be shown the door like that?

Couldn't help but think of Churchill being emptied in 1945. Wonder how he and his supporters felt?

I like the statement that Budge made. It says everything I wanted to hear.......It was brilliant, only concern is how Nielson will do and how things work between him and Levein but clearly Nielsons been in the loop for a long time.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Can someone remind me: was there this much pants-wetting when we brutally, despicably ripped apart our cup winning team of 2012?

We've just decided not to renew the contracts of a handful of players and manager that got us relegated.

It's a shame to see some of them go, but from both footballing and business perspectives there is really nothing to get upset about here.

Today has happened as Budge is looking to the future. For the past year our plan has been to get out of administration, we have achieved this, we now need to re-focus on sorting the club out and running it in a way that we will not have to worry about administration again. Budge is the one that has this hard task but she has hit the ground running and has brought in the people that she believes have the skills/experience to this. I'm filled with confidence in Budge that she wants to get on and turn this club around. Yes it is hard to say goodbye to people that have been through our toughest times and made sacrifices to help us but they were the people for that period in time, we now have new people for the future. The club that we take over in a couple of years will be in a much stronger position than where it is today.

Happy but gutted for Jamie Mac.

He waited patiently for his chance and has been tremendous for us in the last couple of years,

Onwards and upwards spose.

HHGH

Nelly Terraces

That statement. Jeezuz, that was just beautiful reading. Seriously, could you imagine being a hun and reading that after what's happened to them.

Thanks for everything, Mrs Budge.

Guest Trapper John

Maybe I'm getting sentimental in my old age. But as someone who watched the Hearts resurgence of the 1980's after enduring the horrors of the late 70's, having Craig Levein back, one of the heroes of '86 and just after losing Sandy Jardine, I can't but feel optimistic that someone with real ability and feeling for HMFC returning to us is just what we need. Good luck Craig, and welcome home.

ToadKiller Dog

Brutal first day towards the players and management moving on , but better done now than letting it drag on , I am confident all released will go on and do ok with the rest of their careers .

They have their wee bit and place in our history they can hold their heads high and leave with our thanks and best wishes .

The plan is clearly in place and getting acted on , budge and the board deserve our patience as they put it in place .

I like most of what I have seen so far but long way to go .

At this early point I am confident we are in good hands and be in decent shape for when we take over in so many years

bigsuperslim1874

Happy with appointments - particularly Levein - but surprised/disappointed Stevo and Macdonald are away. I DO think Levein will have suitable players lined up - if Gordon comes back for example?

Also, dont understand the hubub over Locke getting the chop - it was always likely but it seems BBC seemed to find only 'its a disgrace' folk around Tynie?

BoJack Horseman

I think they did a fine job. Sounds like they were quick and merciless, and by Hamill's 25 second exit interview I can only imagine their process was similar to this.

V1AI2wF.png

Sorry, Lockie. You needed 3 yes's, you got none.

Saint Jambo

I'm very much in the content category.

I can understand replacing Locke with Levein. I assume Levein's role will effectively include what we think of as manager - picking the team, setting the formation and tactics, and directing from the dugout. Neilson would be the guy on the training pitch full-time, freeing up Levein to spend time on all aspects of football at the club. I also think that Levein is on balance more likely to guide the club out of the Championship at the first time of asking. Finally, a large/ vocal section of the support have lost faith in Locke and I worried what would happen if we had lost a game or two early in the season.

Of the players that have left, Hamill, Stevenson and MacDonald can probably all get deals at a higher level and on more money than we can offer. My only surprise with MacDonald is that it is us getting rid of him than him eventually deciding to move on, which suggests we have someone else lined up. Ridgers and Tapping probably both not thought to be good enough for regular first team football and so better moving on. I'd tend to agree. McGowan is probably the big surprise for me. Even though he is the oldest of the 'youngsters', I think he has really improved recently, but maybe is on more than the others and if he isn't going to be first choice, it might be the best all round.

Good to get the 6 youngsters signed up. That Nicholson hasn't signed yet is a worry and expect he might be a way to an SPFL team. Oliver not having immeidately accepted is a bit of a strange one. Maybe he is weighing up a one-year contract at Hearts with limited options to play against dropping a level and hoping to get more game time.

The only significant disappointment is that it really could have been handled better. The statments about Locke, Brown and the released players are all small and hidden away in wider statements. I would have gone to the other extreme and run big pieces on each one acknowleding the massive amount they'd done for the clubs survival, that they will always be back at Tynecastle, that Hearts expect them to have a succesful future at a high level and the club will do everything they can to support them to find new opportunities (especially McGowan, Risgers and Tapping). Costs nothing and leaves everyone with a better taste in the mouth. Hearts have benefitted recently from players caring about the club and a togetherness between players and fans. Fan ownership should be an opportunity to improve this. On that front we've started badly.

I'll be interested to see what the recruitment strategy is. Too early to judge.

Libertonian_II

I'm not dis-satisfied by today's announcements and it seems that the vast majority of supporters, at least on kickback, are of the same mind. So why are the media trying to suggest otherwise? I listened to Forth News today, who gave you the impression that Craig Levein was the footballing anti-christ

colinmaroon

Just in and watched a recording of Reporting Scotland.

I have never seen any report when fans are asked for their opinion, where it has not been totally slanted to the Big Puddin's point of view.

According to big Brian, Hearts fans are disgusted with Locke not being given a new contract and, he rolled out two witnesses to prove it.

That's not reporting, Brian. It's propaganda!

3fingersreid

Is Nicholson out of contract or are we extending his current one ? Really hope he can be convinced to stay

Given how Mrs Ann ( to paraphrase a legend ) has started out I'd like to know why Brian Jackson never took her over to Lithuania to have a word with that lot earlier in all this , I'm sure she'd have scared the shit out them and we'd be further on in this process

She's certainly very assured in her business ideas and I like that

Less than 6% describing themselves as unhappy or very unhappy from almost 700 votes. Not bad for the day when everyone got sacked.

itsnomarooned

Overall I'm happy with Day 1.

Surprised with letting MacDonald and Stevenson go. Hamill and the rest - meh. Much depends on who might be coming in. Good that some of the younger group have had new contracts and/or extensions. Important to tie up the really promising ones. Happy enough with Levein and if he does the same sort of job as at Dundee United we can't complain. Neilson appointment a bit of a surprise but I think they'll work well together as long as everyone understands where authority starts and stops. Top quality statement from Ann Budge clearly setting out there's a huge amount of work still to be done.

Downside is anyone cancelling their FOH direct debit either because of today's decisions or because they think job done, we're saved. Short-sighted and utterly daft.

Stupidest story I've beards so far ........... we wanted Stevenson to stay but he's banned from driving and was getting a lift from Hamill. Therefore no Hamill = no Stevenson!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When will Budgement Day 2 be out? Presumably the broken club was broken in part by the executive non-football staff?

I don't know if because I've just heard all of this at once I'm disgusted, But to bin our Player of the year and Stevenson in one go is horrific, I mean I'm going to read some of the other threads incase I'm jumping the gun, but this feels very Romanovesque.

Agree. Levein has had a big say in all this. Suppose we can rule out Boydy now. Didn't want to play for Levein when he was Scotland coach.

Content at the moment. Not all fully sunk in but pleased that a plan is in place. MacDonald really surprised me though, and as a result, they'll need to come up with something pretty good pretty quick in that department

Agree. Levein has had a big say in all this. Suppose we can rule out Boydy now. Didn't want to play for Levein when he was Scotland coach.

Was that not Steven fletcher.

Offers from down South for Nicholson and Wilson.

No rumour. Definate

Who are they (the clubs) and where's it been confirmed?

My cup has overflowed - even having a cheeky wee bottle of wine on a work night to celebrate. Might be a trifle late getting in tomorrow morning.

Changes needed made, decisions needed made, they just have been. Some of those changes and decisions will be right, some wrong - the ones that were wrong will become clear and put right. That's business!

Sorry for those who have lost their jobs but those with ability will bounce back, those without will find their natural level.

Just in and watched a recording of Reporting Scotland.

I have never seen any report when fans are asked for their opinion, where it has not been totally slanted to the Big Puddin's point of view.

According to big Brian, Hearts fans are disgusted with Locke not being given a new contract and, he rolled out two witnesses to prove it.

That's not reporting, Brian. It's propaganda!

repeated that shite on Sportsound as well which was more negative than was fair

obviously not speaking to enough fans though fair enough Locke and Brown gave everything and are appreciated and respected by the fans

Cardiac Rucksack

I'm a bit unsure why people are so happy at this point in time?

The squad is much weaker than it was yesterday.

We have sacked our manager and replaced him with a head coach with no experience.

At this moment in time there are more questions than answers.

I might be more comfortable when other pieces of the jig- saw are put in place, but at the moment we have taken a step back.

You reek of vermin, in my opinion.

Five to One

Some need to get real on here. We're in the championship! We need to budget for that campaign. Did Sevco really have to spend what they have to win the scottish first this year? Look at the state they are in again.

This is a new campaign and we need to have faith the management and executive are planning for getting us out that league without overspending. It's unfortunate some loyal servants have been let go, but you can't argue that any real baggage from the old era remains now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a day for happiness, but reflection on some fine footballers and servants of the club who must go on to ply their trade elsewhere.

In ourselves we trust.

HHGH

I'm not dis-satisfied by today's announcements and it seems that the vast majority of supporters, at least on kickback, are of the same mind. So why are the media trying to suggest otherwise? I listened to Forth News today, who gave you the impression that Craig Levein was the footballing anti-christ

Because they hate Hearts. End of.

vegas-voss

Probably one of the best statements I have read from a football chairmen/women.There is a clear plan and budget to hopefully see this all through.Of course I am sad to being seeing players leave especially Jamie Mac but I am eqaually impressed how straight away we have moved to sign up our most talented youngsters.

Less than 6% describing themselves as unhappy or very unhappy from almost 700 votes. Not bad for the day when everyone got sacked.

But according to the Scottish media we are all in despair.

Generally Im pretty happy.

Happy that we've tied up the young players.

Happy that there will be a decisive strategy.

Happy that CL is back but feel for GL.

Will be truly delighted if Rudi comes back. But Im fearful Curmudgeon Craig (and I mean that in a good way!) will think him too old.

Pants Shaton

I think they did a fine job. Sounds like they were quick and merciless, and by Hamill's 25 second exit interview I can only imagine their process was similar to this.

V1AI2wF.png

Sorry, Lockie. You needed 3 yes's, you got none.

That's terrifying

But according to the Scottish media we are all in despair.

According to the Scottish Media it would be 'cataclysmic, threaten world peace, be an economic meltdown and have everyone see their pensions, jobs and families stolen' if there was a YES vote!

Scottish Media eh?

Snake Plissken

We have a clear vision for the future and a decisive leader to make it happen. I'm impressed that we're hitting the ground running and I'm confident that we're in good hands.

Very happy.

The statement was really impressive and has completely convinced me that my direct debit to FoH is contributing to the kind of organisation I would be proud to be part of. I particularly like the focus on how tight our money situation is, it puts our situation in perspective. When it comes right down to it every penny has to be spent on maximising our potential on the park and this has left no option but to release Gary Locke at the end of his contract as I believe there are better coaches out there. Sentiment may have gone a long way to saving us but it will play no part in taking us forward. I trust Budge and I trust Levein but I think the next season in particular will be a significant challenge. I just hope we give the new team a decent chance to get it right.

Offers from down South for Nicholson and Wilson.

No rumour. Definate

We could command a good fee for in contract and happy at Hearts Danny Wilson. Development fee only for Nicholson would be disappointing.

i wish jj was my dad

I'm certainly impressed that Lady Budge and CL have hit the ground running. They clearly have a detailed plan. I'm sorry for Lockie, Combe and BB but I was never confident that there would be a place for them under CL. Robbie is a surprise but I recall that someone mentioned that was on the cards a few months ago. I suspect AB had a hand in bringing him back to the club to get to know the players in advance of CL taking over.

As for the senior players, I'm disappointed to see Stevo and Jamie go. Particularly if we are having to pay up Stevo's contract. We will do very well to replace them with players of similar quality next season.

Getting the bad news out of the way on day is the right thing to do and is a strong indication that they know what they are doing.

I suspect that CL will assume the traditional 'manager' role with Robbie taking the coaching. It won't be dissimilar to Ferguson's role at Man Utd.

Good to hear that most of our younger players are signed up for next year. No doubt CL will have his new recruits lined up already and hopefully, Sam will sign up today

Archived