• Very Happy - My Cup Floweth Over
    • Happy - It's not full But I Like The Taste
    • Content - Cup of Tea, But There's Nae Sugar
    • Unhappy - 'I Never Remember Having a Full Cup'
    • Very Unhappy - My Name is Gary Locke

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with what happened today. Glad its been done immediately rather than before the beginning of the season

feel sorry for GL but we need to move forward and i never thought he would be able to do it, these decisions show that we finally have a plan for the future

onwards and upwards!

HHGH

No great surprise about the cull tbh we know that levein has been linked with us ever since ms budge made it be known that she was taking control of the club and at the end of the day the majority of the time whenever a new board takes control of a club they inevitably want a new coaching staff in place

Jambof3tornado

Welcome Ann. You're a hero already.

Just don't do a Deliah.

write a cookbook?

Victor Mancini

absolutely delighted with todays news, im now excited about next season rather than nervous!!!

its a promising sign that so much has been done so promptly, some hard decisions(Jamma/Stevo) but there is no room for sentiment and IF these were made due to wages then it makes perfect sense, people getting upset about Lockie need to accept it was the right thing to do, the last months results papered over the cracks of a very hard but disappointing season, hopefully he recovers and gets another job and learns from his experiences as hearts manager and can be proud he beat the shite 4 out of 6 games since taking over from McGlynn

Welcome Ann. You're a hero already.

Just don't do a Deliah.

'Cause she's a bursd and all that, eh?

SwindonJambo

She's a ruthless tough cookie. You don't succeed in business as she has done if you are not. She is also a lifelong passionate Jambo.

She won't always make the right decision but she's not afraid to take tough ones and that's exactly what we need right now.

In Ann we trust.

Brilliant first day my cup overfloweth on several occasions and continuing to do so.

Cant wait until tomorrow and our next batch of treats from the Iron Lady

So we're sitting at around 90% happy or very happy?

Glorious.

Chris Benoit

I'm in the top rung here. A fantastic first day in charge.

Same here, as a statement of intent it was exemplary.

Surprised at the number of players that have left considering the size of our squad but pleased with the players we've signed up for next season.

If it benefits the club in the long term then it has to be done. I wanted to see Locke given the opportunity next season operating under 'normal' circumstances but I understand that if he didn't fit in with the new management structure of the club then it's completely understandable.

Liking the name - Budgement Day.

:D

marshallschunkychicken

Cautiously optimistic.

I'll be more comfortable when we see who is coming in player-wise. I'm sure that some experience will be recruited in the key areas.

Guest C00l K1d

''Nae sugar'' probably sums it up perfectly for me.

It's what i wanted, just not how i wanted it.

Greedy_Jambo

Overall thoughts are that we're skint and Ann won't be putting any more money in for players ect.

Thats why the higher earners have been punted.

I can't see Skacel signing for us now either. :(

Budgement Day is, I believe, a Jamie Borthwick creation for those of you lauding it.

Content.

The "sugar" will come in the form of the new signings to replace the guys we have just emptied.

I'm sure that there were some commercial reasons behind the decision for one or two of them to have been part of the cull, and I can take some solace from that.

Whistleblower

A bit shocked wasn't expecting it to be so brutal. We have lost a fair bit of experience from the team , just hope Craig and Robbie are not too defensively minded

I don't know if because I've just heard all of this at once I'm disgusted, But to bin our Player of the year and Stevenson in one go is horrific, I mean I'm going to read some of the other threads incase I'm jumping the gun, but this feels very Romanovesque.

Has she got the fax machine haha

Glad shes not scared to empty the deadwood and start fresh

unlike the wee team board

Gorgie Boys

Thoughts ?

I'm happy.

I like GL, but I don't think he had what it will take for next season and it's a risk I'm quite pleased not to be flirting with.

On the players, I trust the new board haven't been sitting twiddling their thumbs and that this has been in the planning for months. I'm sure better players are lined up for next season.

I liked the statement and this is realistically how it had to be done.

queensferryjambo

We all know everyone at the club tried their hardest under extremely tough circumstances but the club has to move forward.

Everything I have seen from Saint Ann has been very professional and business like. For the first time in a long time it seems like the owners of Heart of Midlothian have a plan.

Getting rid of Jamie MacDonald is the only really big mistake I can see IMO.

It's good she's gone about it quickly, means we have the best chance of success next year. Only time will tell if the replacement of GL/BB/AC with Levein/neilson will work out. I think we'll be alright though if the fans continue this seasons amazing support and get behind the players and staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too early to tell but it's starting to look like Budge will be running things HER way. That could spell trouble ahead.

I don't know if because I've just heard all of this at once I'm disgusted, But to bin our Player of the year and Stevenson in one go is horrific, I mean I'm going to read some of the other threads incase I'm jumping the gun, but this feels very Romanovesque.

:rofl:

Gutted for Stevo & Jamma, thats it!!

A new era has begun!!

Budgies Maroon Army!!

...a bit disco

Budgement Day is, I believe, a Jamie Borthwick creation for those of you lauding it.

That's okay.

He's 'wan ay us likesay'.

Happy enough but still a touch sad for all the guys today. Still much to be proved going forward but it looks like I get my wish for a proper business person to be in charge for once.

Delighted we are almost out of admin. Not entirely sure about a couple of the decisions made today though. I'm pretty sure thing will work out for the best through these times of austerity.

Maiden Gorgie

I am happy with the decisions but sad to see Jamie Mac & Locke go. Two great servants but victims of circumstance.

Think we are heading in the right direction, it is clear the club was not being run properly and action had to be taken.

No point delaying the inevitable.

Gigolo-Aunt

Too early to tell but it's starting to look like Budge will be running things HER way. That could spell trouble ahead.

:laugh:

Do you think it was her decision to release Tapping?

She has employed someone she trusts on the football front and is letting him get on with it.

We are now a championship side and we couldnt afford players on old hearts wages.

Lockie said it last week, this club is bigger than individuals.

Sigh, please tell me why I'm wrong and how much jesus wept ?

Jamie MacDonald and Ryan Stevenson were on unsustainable wages for the new Hearts. I don't doubt we'd rather they stayed, Jamie in particular.

As for the toys out of the pram remainder of your response I'll not need to comment further.

glastonbury jambo

happy...............just hope they have a goalie a center back and a couple of midfielders lined up pronto. :uhoh2:

Back to 2005

Well can't say I'm overly delighted with some of the players departures but I'm admiring the new professional approach to the business. Now it's about the players that come in the way and whether we can keep the feel good factor of recent weeks.

Bowmans_Boot

I dont think letting Jamie Mac go is a good move, but bringing back Craig Levein is a masterstroke of genius proportions :) I am sorry for Gary Locke but it is clear that Ann will run things her way, with no emotional decisions and that is a great thing.

PumpkinJambo

Been on a 'managing change' course at work, quite relaxed about it all :-). Feel sorry for Gary Locke as I really like him and may have nearly *ahem* cried at the pic of the released players hugging/shaking hands, but I love that Ann has taken a no-nonsense approach from the off and long-term planning appears to be high on the agenda.

Fly the Saltire

Michael Stewart didn't hold back on his criticism of Levein and John Murray on BBC Radio Scotland sports programme this evening but full of praise for Ann Budge.

The White Cockade

I just hope the people agreeing that Stevenson and Jamie Mac had to go due to high wages are not

advocating we bring in Boyd - who would be on more money imo

also imo I would think these were Levein decisions rather than Budge ones

CL is a bit of a my way or the highway type

Good to sign the youngsters - def need to hold on to Sam N as well

good thing if we are going to be run professionally and prudently now

Gutted for Lockie and think the axing of Stevo and Jamie Mac is a big mistake unless of course we have better players coming in to replace them

but can't see that if it is to be on lower wages

glastonbury jambo

Michael Stewart didn't hold back on his criticism of Levein and John Murray on BBC Radio Scotland sports programme this evening but full of praise for Ann Budge.

how.. whits ginger baws got tae say about levein likes?

how.. whits ginger baws got tae say about levein likes?

Couldn't care less about his opinion. At least Levein gave everything when wearing a Hearts Jersey.

jack D and coke

After everything that's happened to us since VR took over it's difficult for me to get really shocked anymore but I didn't think she'd be quite so brutal on day one although I'm sure this will have been Levein much more than Mrs Budge. I'm a bit disappointed McDonald and Stevo have been emptied but it all depends on who comes in now and nobody will be complaining if we win the championship this time next year. I fear the Skacel deal is completely dead now though.

I feel sorry for Locke and Brown and all the players who took the wage cuts that have been pretty unceremoniously emptied too. Doesn't feel very Hearts like at all.

Archived