Quick Quiz Question

Jambo Martin

shaun.lawson
Only 7 players have won the English FA cup 4 times...

Giggs

Hughes

Vieira

Bergkamp

Seaman

Schmeichel

Pallister or Bruce (not sure which)

Commander Harris

SL: only Giggs, hughes, Viera and Seaman are correct there, I think.

as well as Keane and Parlour.

not sure who the last one is.

shaun.lawson

You're right: Schmeichel wasn't at OT in 1990, and Bergkamp had left the Arse by 2005. Er, I think?

I'm stumped on the rest, though.

Jambo Martin

as well as Keane and Parlour.

not sure who the last one is.

Correct. Only 1 to go!

Commander Harris

yup!

got his 4th with chelsea last year.

I was trying to think of a long serving arsenal player.

shaun.lawson
Well done!

It's a disgrace though. That little tosser being among such elite company - what is the world coming to?

("Fifty-five grand? They're taking the ****, Jonathan - they're taking the ****!")

Heres a good one.

Which player has won the Champions league, Uefa Cup, FA Cup, EPL and has been relegated and promoted from and to the EPL all with different clubs.

shaun.lawson
Heres a good one.

Which player has won the Champions league, Uefa Cup, FA Cup, EPL and has been relegated and promoted from and to the EPL all with different clubs.

Kanu

It's a disgrace though. That little tosser being among such elite company - what is the world coming to?

("Fifty-five grand? They're taking the ****, Jonathan - they're taking the ****!")

Apologies for going off topic, but I agree.

I can't stand him - he really does have a face you would never tire of punching.

I really wish Chelsea had kept Gallas and bought a different left back...may have even won the league!

shaun.lawson
Apologies for going off topic, but I agree.

I can't stand him - he really does have a face you would never tire of punching.

I really wish Chelsea had kept Gallas and bought a different left back...may have even won the league!

Absolutely - though Gallas is a bit of a nutcase too, judging by what he's alleged to have threatened unless Chelsea sold him, not to mention his behaviour at St Andrews! But Cole - ugh. When I wrote the above, I almost said "elite company, and Ray Parlour", but stopped myself; because I really admired Parlour, and was furious when Hoddle left him out of the France 98 squad. He made the absolute most, and more, of his talent, and it's noticeable that Arsenal have yet to win anything without him.

But Cashley is something else. Everything the public hates about modern footballers encapsulated by one individual.

shaun.lawson
Well done.... Prize on its way.

Oohh! How exciting!

Oohh! How exciting!

The only thing is I dont know how to wrap up a personality to send??

Any ideas??

;)

shaun.lawson
The only thing is I dont know how to wrap up a personality to send??

Any ideas??

;)

LOL! The old ones are the best - nice one! :)

Jambo Martin

Scunthorpe United have had 3 England Captains play for them.....can you name them??

northfieldhearts
Scunthorpe United have had 3 England Captains play for them.....can you name them??

ian botham

kevin keegan

ray clemence

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Heres a good one.

Nice question, but surely Kanu won the both the Prem and FA Cup with Arsenal, no? And who was he promoted with?

Ivan Drago
Absolutely - though Gallas is a bit of a nutcase too, judging by what he's alleged to have threatened unless Chelsea sold him, not to mention his behaviour at St Andrews! But Cole - ugh. When I wrote the above, I almost said "elite company, and Ray Parlour", but stopped myself; because I really admired Parlour, and was furious when Hoddle left him out of the France 98 squad. He made the absolute most, and more, of his talent, and it's noticeable that Arsenal have yet to win anything without him.

But Cashley is something else. Everything the public hates about modern footballers encapsulated by one individual.

I heard the reason Parlour got dropped was because the players had to sit down and get a 'reading' from that daft mystic bint. they would go in and sit in a chair and she would stand behind them and read their aura or sum pish like that. Anyway apparently Parlour went in, sat down, and said 'short back and sides please love', which Hoddle wasn't very impressed at!!!

Is there any truth whatsoever in this, or is it just a fantastic rumour?

londonjambo
Correct. Only 1 to go!

If the one to go was indeed Ashley Cole, then you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG

Unless of course you mean that they won it only four times....

This gentleman (literally) won it four times and then went on to win it a fifth time.

:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Kinnaird,_11th_Lord_Kinnaird

A true pioneer of football who I mentioned in my programme piece for the second Gretna home game.

GC

Name 5 players to have played for at least 4 teams who have won the European Cup/Champions League but has never picked up a winners medal?

I know plenty who have played for three

e.g. Tony Cascarino : Celtic, Villa & Marseille

Alan McInally: Celtic, Villa & Bayern Munich

Mark Hughes: Man Utd, Barcelona & Bayern Munich

I know plenty who have played for three

e.g. Tony Cascarino : Celtic, Villa & Marseille

Alan McInally: Celtic, Villa & Bayern Munich

Mark Hughes: Man Utd, Barcelona & Bayern Munich

But the question is four.:biggrin:

One of them is a top class striker who you would have thought has won it at least once with the teams he has played for.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Name 5 players to have played for at least 4 teams who have won the European Cup/Champions League but has never picked up a winners medal?

Ronaldo

Dean Saunders

Pierre Van Hooijdonk

Laurent Blanc

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Zenden played for four and didn't win it, but one is Marseille, who had it taken off them - does that count?

Zenden played for four and didn't win it, but one is Marseille, who had it taken off them - does that count?

Yeah I included it. Same goes for Laurent Blanc.

didn't marseille only lose their league title as this is where the match fixing took place, so they still won the european cup?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
didn't marseille only lose their league title as this is where the match fixing took place, so they still won the european cup?

Not sure. I thought the European Cup was also taken off them.

I may be wrong though.

WheatfieldJambo
Well done.... Prize on its way.

what professonal (who is still playing) has played in an old firm derby, a barcelona derby and a london derby ?

Ivan Drago
what professonal (who is still playing) has played in an old firm derby, a barcelona derby and a london derby ?

Gravesen?

WheatfieldJambo
Gravesen?

na gravesen was in the madrid derby, the old firm derby and the merseyside derby.

tommythejambo

Who are the only 2 players ever to have played in a Weeg derby, a Manc deby and a Scouse derby?

Ivan Drago
Who are the only 2 players ever to have played in a Weeg derby, a Manc deby and a Scouse derby?

Kanchelskis is one?

northfieldhearts

kanchelskis

northfieldhearts

michael ball

Jambo Martin

And another one.....

Italy were the first country to have 2 different teams reach the semi-final of the European Cup, Spain were the first country to have 3 different representatives; Who were the first country to have 4 different representatives?

And another one.....

Italy were the first country to have 2 different teams reach the semi-final of the European Cup, Spain were the first country to have 3 different representatives; Who were the first country to have 4 different representatives?

ackbarSitting.jpg

It's a trap!!

Archived