van dijk (NHC)

Riccarton3

Riccarton3

It seems we have to hear every fortnight or so how much this dumpling is apparently worth. English sides will be expected to be interested, according to mjallby. The media in this country will do everything to get Celtic their expected return.

There was astonishment he never made the dutch WC squad despite his sterling efforts vs Morton and Hibs, to name two. Present, too, statuesque , vs Barcelona 6-1. The dutch must have some good players if Virgil is overlooked. Yeah, they do.

So overrated it is unreal.

rossthejambo

He's the best centre half in the league by a mile, hardly a surprise if other clubs are after him.

Some folk just see the word Celtic and get themselves into a raging mess.

Tommy Wiseau

Maybe he is over-rated, but he is certainly an awful lot better than the level he is playing at.

Cardiac Rucksack

He looks a cracking player, playing well below his level

:shitwine:

Far too good for this league.

Whether he 'Boumsongs' at a higher level is up for debate, but he has absolutely pissed this league.

Guest jonesy

Far too good for this league.

Whether he 'Boumsongs' at a higher level is up for debate, but he has absolutely pissed this league.

Great verb - 'to Boumsong'.

What other players' names could be good verbs?

Pants Shaton

To 'Foster' - do **** all for years, then do something truly magnificent.

:shitwine:

'Hibs conveyer belt'.

To waste a promising career and end up 2 divisions lower and 4 stone heavier than expected.

Felix Lighter

Media do it all the time,last year it was Wanyama before that it was Kayal and Izzaguerre with the huge price tag.It's the same with Rangers as well,still remember Nacho Novos' first game for them after signing from Dundee,David Begg described him as the uncapped Spaniard. :rolleyes4:

Also Darryl Broadfoot then at The Herald describing Alan Hutton as the white Cafu. :party3:

tartofmidlothian

'Hibs conveyer belt'.

To waste a promising career and end up 2 divisions lower and 4 stone heavier than expected.

So to O'Connor, then?

Kirky Jambo

Not sure about Van Dijk, he looks decent IMO, but tell you who was vastly overrated was Kelvin Wilson. An absolute bombscare of the highest order but was touted for England by Lennon and co.

itsnomarooned

Like it.

Anything over the bar when easier to score I always call a "Van Vossen".

To "Skacel"

To tell the Hibs exactly where to go from day one, and keep doing it time and time again :thumbsup:

To "Zaliukas"

To be the team scapegoat when anything goes wrong, even if you're sitting on the bench all game ;)

'To Severin': head south but end up further north.

grantaitchie8

Media do it all the time,last year it was Wanyama before that it was Kayal and Izzaguerre with the huge price tag.It's the same with Rangers as well,still remember Nacho Novos' first game for them after signing from Dundee,David Begg described him as the uncapped Spaniard. :rolleyes4:

Also Darryl Broadfoot then at The Herald describing Alan Hutton as the white Cafu. :party3:

In all fairness Wanyama was a complete class apart, and has shown it this season. The hype with Izaguirre was a tad OTT in my opinion. Yes good player, won the player of the season award, but I don't think United had any plans of replacing Evra with him. FWIW I thought to begin with Van Dijk was a complete bombscare, and in the 3-1 game looked completely humpty, however he has shown as the season has went on that he looks capable of playing at a higher level.

Notorious BIG

Van Dijk is a terrific player as ross said some folk see Celtic and get all raijing and are in complete denial of a great talent

Never a Man U or top 3 in England quality IMO.

Maybe mid table , bottom half standard. He does have the attributes to improve and that's why players need that bigger move but his defending would be severely tested against top level standard.

He gets a 40 yard free run with the ball at intervals during games up here. Won't happen down there.

I see where the OP is coming from. Listening to the Scottish media monkeys you'd think he was the new Franz Beckenbauer, whereas the truth is he's 'no bad'. If he were that good he'd be a shoe-in for the Dutch WC squad and would be playing in a MUCH better league than the SPL. It's not difficult to look good when your team dominate every game because the opposition are so much poorer in every sense.

No doubt he is a decent player but is hugely overrated IMO, I think Celtic are trying to pull another Wanyama.

I mean for him to make the Dutch squad ? aye sound ahead of players from PSV, PSG, Fulham Swansea and Ajax.

If Van dijk had pulled out wonder performances in the Champions league and Celtic had won the treble then he would be making the best of the situation he was in however he has looked pretty average in all competitions bar the league and for a club of Celtics size thats not difficult.

Don't get me wrong he's young will probably move on but Celtic are really IMO over stating his ability ATM and its kind of desperate.

Ron Swanson

Pa Kujabi?

The Gambian Roberto Carlos?

:jjyay:

Unknown user

To "Zaliukas"

To be the team scapegoat when anything goes wrong, even if you're sitting on the bench all game ;)

To Romanov - to spend enough money to float the titanic while achieving a fraction of the available potential

So you think the EPL teams decide who to buy and what to spend based on what the daily record or the sun say, oh fecking dear, was it the press who got us ?12m for Gordon, he was bummed up as one of the best keepers in Europe by them.

Hot since 86

So you think the EPL teams decide who to buy and what to spend based on what the daily record or the sun say, oh fecking dear, was it the press who got us ?12m for Gordon, he was bummed up as one of the best keepers in Europe by them.

That's because at the time he was and It was his international performances that generated the price tag.

That's because at the time he was and It was his international performances that generated the price tag.

Oh I see, so it's NOT the press/media who decide who the EPL teams buy and what they pay then, cheers for that.

Hot since 86

Oh I see, so it's NOT the press/media who decide who the EPL teams buy and what they pay then, cheers for that.

I never said it was. Why the **** would a manager at the top of his profession listen to what Keith Jackson and the like have to say?

I never said it was. Why the **** would a manager at the top of his profession listen to what Keith Jackson and the like have to say?

EXACTLY.

SpikeDudley

I heard a rumour that Celtic deliberately play Efe Ambrose alongside Van Dijk to make Van Dijk look better than he actually is.

I heard a rumour that Celtic deliberately play Efe Ambrose alongside Van Dijk to make Van Dijk look better than he actually is.

The way Celtic fans tell it, Ambrose has been excellent this season and has even made fewer blatant mistakes than van Dijk.

Archived