F(r)ail - I Fear Flops Have Cost Me My Job

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/2008/05/15/i-fear-flops-have-cost-me-my-job-86908-20418118/

STEVIE FRAIL last night took a swipe at some of the gutless players in Hearts' dressing room - and claimed they may cost him his job.

The caretaker manager had high hopes of winning a full-time appointment but fears Tuesday's defeat to relegated Gretna could have been the final straw for club owner Vladimir Romanov.

Frail, who was given sole charge in January by Romanov, reckons some players in his huge, multi-national squad were posted missing at the slightest sign of trouble during Hearts' worst ever SPL campaign.

Supporters, too, have doubted whether the men in maroon care as much about the club as they do and Frail can relate to that.

He said: "I can see where that kind of thinking comes from and it stems from the fact we have so many different nationalities here.

"When they cross the line they'll say, 'yeah, we're up for it' but whether they are or not is another matter.

"Sometimes things will go against you in games or you don't start well and too many of them then go into their shells. I've told them that.

"You need characters and big players if you want to do well but some of them were happy even when they weren't in the game.

"Before taking over I rarely saw anyone knocking on the manager's door and asking why they weren't playing.

"But that's the attitude you need, especially when the team is going through a bad time.

"I can understand the frustrations of the fans because they are the lifeblood, the only constant at any club, and they feel it more than anyone when things go badly."

Frail believes his squad contains as much ability as any, outside of Rangers and Celtic but that too many have the hearts of mice.

No matter who is in charge of the team next season, Frail is adamant the directors must sanction the signing of players with a mean streak to make Hearts a force again. He said: "We're a relatively inexperienced team in the SPL and I think we could have done with more characters.

"When the chips are down and it's backs against the wall, a manager shouldn't have to say anything.

"But these boys are just too nice. I've got players who, in my opinion, as good as any - with the exception of those at the Old Firm - but they haven't shown it this season.

"We need to add quality and a bit of dig.

"When there is aggro in training it is looked on as a negative or a rare occurrence. It takes people aback when they see someone pointing the finger or grabbing someone and telling them they're not doing it right or not working hard enough. But you need that at a football club.

"After the session you should be able to have a shower, then a bit of lunch and have a laugh about it.

"We should all have the same goal and be focused on that.

"If we had more characters, they would drag the rest through.

"We have nice boys but you need a wee bit of nastiness and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's clear to see this is one of the things we lack."

The last-gasp defeat by Gretna at Fir Park saw the Jambos finish the season in an embarrassing eighth place and Frail thinks the writing is on the wall for him now. He said: "At the minute I have no holiday planned. I just need to wait and see what is going to happen.

"It is going to be a long summer but whatever decision is made I'll deal with.

"Since taking over we have had results that would have had us in the top three but at the end of the day I am still culpable for things that are going on at the club."

Although Frail accepts the buck stops with him he does absolve the players of blame.

He said: "I've said to the players that every one of them and every member of staff has to take some responsibility for what happened this season.

"I have also told them they must do 100 per cent better next season for whoever is in management because what we produced this year isn't good enough for a club as big as Hearts.

"As things stand I can only keep preparing for the new season. I can't stop working just because there are no more games.

"I've not been told if I am going to be the manager or if I'll be here in any capacity but I still need to make sure everything is right.

"If I lose my job I want someone to walk in and see the preparation has continued properly.

"The most important thing is the club. There is no one bigger than any club and there is certainly no one bigger than Hearts.

"As long as things are done right I'm sure we'll be successful.

"I'm glad the season is finished in one sense but in another I wish it was continuing because then I'd have more time to put things right."

We have about 5 professional players. All the other older players and all the management/coaches should get the bullet now.

Best news I've read for weeks. Pity it's a bit late for Frail to have a go at the Gutless players might have been better to have done this weeks ago when it might have made a difference.

Gigolo-Aunt

But I thought the players had been magnificent for you?

That was the line being trotted out last week?

Too late now to start washing the dirty linen in public and looking for sympathy.

Fact is that YOU kept picking the side and giving players far too many chances.

You did say it was your team on the park, Stevie.

Guest GhostHunter
But I thought the players had been magnificent for you?

That was the line being trotted out last week?

Too late now to start washing the dirty linen in public and looking for sympathy.

Fact is that YOU kept picking the side and giving players far too many chances.

You did say it was your team on the park, Stevie.

It's actually an unbelievable read...

This quote :-

"When the chips are down and it's backs against the wall, a manager shouldn't have to say anything. "

and :-

"When there is aggro in training it is looked on as a negative or a rare occurrence. It takes people aback when they see someone pointing the finger or grabbing someone and telling them they're not doing it right or not working hard enough. But you need that at a football club".

You're the fecking manager F®ail - it's YOUR job to get some "aggro" into that team......but then, you were operating under the "backs against the wall, I dont need to say anything" to a bunch of "nice people".

Unreal

Yada yada yada yada, more excuses, pick up a cardboard box at tesco and stick all the stuff on your desk in it, Bye LOSER. I've never been so embarrased watching this crap.

Drew Busby !

All the more reason for him to go. He alternates between saying the players are nice lads, gave him their all ... then he switches and goes on the attack. Is it any wonder that he carries zero respect from the players ?

Never mind getting your coaching badges Stevie, just start HERE with a few simple basics eh ?

rba0001l.jpg

Gigolo-Aunt
It's actually an unbelievable read...

This quote :-

and :-

You're the fecking manager F®ail - it's YOUR job to get some "aggro" into that team......but then, you were operating under the "backs against the wall, I dont need to say anything" to a bunch of "nice people".

Unreal

Mate, his statements change from week to week.

I should feel sympathy for the guy as he was nowhere near ready to do this job and flung in at the deep end. That said, he is now looking for the sympathy vote as the games have run out.

Frail had the chance to act, but IMO bottled it.

Playing that team on Tuesday?

Tell you what, you put those kids in on Tuesday and they would have given you 100% for sure.

Dagger Is Back

No-one can have any doubts now about Frails credentials to manage this or any other club. The man has been well out of his depth.

Bye bye SF.

Frail is not the man for the job but in the circumstances he found himself I think he did the best he could. I don't think we know the half of what goes on. Frail had no experience and was thrown in at the deep end. He had nobody to turn too. Its bank clerk one day and manager the next. He made loads of mistakes granted but he did his best of that i'm certain. If is best wasn't good enough then I don't think that's all his fault. Its just plain silly. I think you are all far too harsh with criticism of him. Hopefully the next appointment by mad vlad will show us how its done. Perhaps not. We all need a scapegoat, Fail just happens to be the only visible one that can be attacked. Give the man a break.

Guest GhostHunter
Frail is not the man for the job but in the circumstances he found himself I think he did the best he could. I don't think we know the half of what goes on. Frail had no experience and was thrown in at the deep end. He had nobody to turn too. Its bank clerk one day and manager the next. He made loads of mistakes granted but he did his best of that i'm certain. If is best wasn't good enough then I don't think that's all his fault. Its just plain silly. I think you are all far too harsh with criticism of him. Hopefully the next appointment by mad vlad will show us how its done. Perhaps not. We all need a scapegoat, Fail just happens to be the only visible one that can be attacked. Give the man a break.

You make it out as if he hadn't coached at all before getting flung into coaching the 1st team...

He'd had plenty experience with the youth teams, to at least have a modicum of nouce in selecting players, formations and tactics.

I also note your use of the word "Fail" when referring to him - very appropriate.

Generic Username

I do think Shaggy is right to an extent about us needing players in the team with that extra drive and determination, the winners mentality if you will.

But as GA and Dexter say, he's the one who should be able to instil that in the guys who seem to be lacking in it. He's the one who should be putting his foot up people's backsides for not pulling their weight or doing things wrong, not hoping someone else does it for him.

Shaggy has done the best he can with the limited skills and experience he has, I'd love him to stay on and work with someone new and more "worldy" so that it would help make him a better coach but only time will tell.

You make it out as if he hadn't coached at all before getting flung into coaching the 1st team...

He'd had plenty experience with the youth teams, to at least have a modicum of nouce in selecting players, formations and tactics.

I also note your use of the word "Fail" when referring to him - very appropriate.

The use of the word Fail was down to my poor typing skills and not some atempt, like many. to appear clever.

He had no experience of working under the conditions and restrictions he did when thrown to the wolves in charge of the first team.

We'll see how much better anybody else does, if indeed we can attract a manager at all. I think its a shame that another good ex former player is treated in such a shoddy manner by so many alleged fans who fail to accept that he is trying his best with limited ability and experience working with his hands tied. Its sad. Frail has tried his best and I for one thank him for his efforts.

Is it too much to ask that we get a manager who will crack heads and kick arse when necessary? Please!

Guest casper

I had been saying we need a manager, and I won't be renewing my season ticket until we get one, but it's becoming more ans more obvious that the club needs more than just a proper manager. It's rotten top to bottom and the whole footballing side needs overhauling. If romanov is not prepared to do this he should move on and let someone who is interested in running Hearts properly take over, even if it does result in the dreaded move to Murrayfield.

Guest JamboRobbo

So Frail is the scapegoat now? Great.

Frail has't done all that well, and yes he talks a lot of crap.

But he ain't the one to blame for the state our club is in. There is one man to blame for that. Vladimir Romanov.

JennyJambo

Ok first up let me sat that Frail is a genuinely "nice guy" himself. I've met him a few times and he is likeable and good humoured.

However, that in effect has been is downfall. When your club in deep in trouble and massively under-performing there is no room for a "nice guy". On the pitch or off.

I think we can all agree that Frail is probably being tied to an extent with restrictions despite all the "free reign, this is my team" crap spouted but it in no way excuses poor tactics, poor substitutions and the distinct lack of fight within the dressing room.

For months we've heard "disappointing" or "not good enough" or "the fans deserve better" or "the next game is must win" yet along with it we hear how the lads have given their best, responded well, are upbeat.

It about sums up or club just now. No consistency.

And this nonsense about how a manager shouldn't need to say anything...ok I see the angle he's taking but personally I'd think it's b*llocks. If backs are to the wall I want my manager out there doing his bit not leaving it to others and anyway...

If you know you don't have the characters on the pitch to do the shouting Mr Frail then you need to step up and rectify that or do it yourself. Likewise if your team captain can't deliver the message, then you need to find a new one.

A gaffer needs to have respect, be able to put a bit fear in his squad and be able to read the game and adapt the formations and tactics. Frail just hasn't displayed enough of any of those to justify a permanent role for me.

So Frail is the scapegoat now? Great.

Frail has't done all that well, and yes he talks a lot of crap.

But he ain't the one to blame for the state our club is in. There is one man to blame for that. Vladimir Romanov.

Frail is part of the problem though. His awful tactics, confusing and embarassing media outbursts, his worshiping of Clum and Neilson. Total pish.

Guest GhostHunter
Frail is part of the problem though. His awful tactics, confusing and embarassing media outbursts, his worshiping of Clum and Neilson. Total pish.

Correct.

He had it in his "power" to actually make something within Hearts, a relative success, but he failed....

Nelly Terraces

"The players have given me everything" "Don't blame the players".

Sorry Fail, your comments, nobody elses. You let the players call you by your nickname, and they walk all over you.

You've been afforded more patience by the HMFC support than most other clubs fans would've. When you go, take the Lithumaniac owner with you, cheers.

Guest GhostHunter
Did he really. Far from convinced he had that much power due to restrictions that are placed upon him. Every manager since Burley (the only one to tell Vlad no) has pretty much been a failure.

Do you think there is a common theme with all these managers? Maybe that's the problem.

Until that changes, manager after manager will fail! Can't make a silk purse out of pigs ear and all that jazz!

The root cause (removing Romanov just now), in my opinion IS the players coupled with poor management.

Assuming VR wont/cant go anywhere, then the best option surely, is to start from scratch, top to bottom - new management/coaches/fitness/physio/doctors/players etc.

One rotten apple after all, DOES spoil the rest of the barrel.

Did he really. Far from convinced he had that much power due to restrictions that are placed upon him. Every manager since Burley (the only one to tell Vlad no) has pretty much been a failure.

Do you think there is a common theme with all these managers? Maybe that's the problem.

Until that changes, manager after manager will fail! Can't make a silk purse out of pigs ear and all that jazz!

I disagree. Frail has probably at least had some freedom to pick the team etc (although admittedly not completely), he could have dropped a number of non performers but he didn't. Rix and Kookaburra were bad enough but FS Frail seems to love Clum even more. And Neilson. That is his benchmark for what makes a player. Imagine what the team would look like if he WAS allowed to sign players!

He's also been far to nice and under-critical of performances despite some god awful results. Quote from Paul Jewell the Derby Manager "If i have my way most of these players will never play for Derby again"... Frail "The lads have done me proud". That is his problem, he's far to happy to accept pish performances.

FRAIL MUST GO

Correct.

He had it in his "power" to actually make something within Hearts, a relative success, but he failed....

What a load of nonsense. He had it in his power did he. Exactly how is that. The club is rotten to the core. The players have a mentality that is encouraged by those that lead the club. The scars run deep. FRAIL (see I can write it properly) has perhaps had relative success. Relative to the crap attitude of the players, relative to the instructions that are most likely given to him about who he should be playing and taking off. Relative to all that he took a team that was fast heading to at best an 11th place finish and turned us into a team that almost made it to the dizzy heights of Kings of the bottom six.

For Hearts right now that is relative success IMHO.

Frail as I've said already is not good enough but don't shoot the messenger. That's all he is. A guy with too little experience who has tried his very best. He should get away from Hearts as quick as he can as right now the club is being run in an abysmal manner. Too many people want to blame anybody except the one man who is totally and solely responsible.

The sad thing is Frail's demise gives Vlad a number of outs

1. He can say "see, a coach with full control doesnt give the desired results"

2. A British coach is not necessarily going to be successful

3. "Its not my fault we were so poor, Frail didnt do a good enough job"

Frail is not the problem or part of the problem

The problem is he shouldnt be in the role. The problem is that he was given the role

The problem is we have had a continual flow of complete sewage coaching and managing the players for 30 months

This is not window dressing this is fact and there is only one person responsible for all of these decisions

One rotten apple after all, DOES spoil the rest of the barrel.

You are exactly right and whilst Romanov remains we will always have at least one rotten apple, so getting new apples will make not a jot of difference

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye - a very small part. Frail ain't the root cause of the problem.

Our owner refusing to appoint a manager, and let him manage, is the root cause of our problem.

Guest JamboRobbo
The root cause (removing Romanov just now), in my opinion IS the players coupled with poor management.

We can't just ignore the Romanov factor tho. He IS the root cause of the whole problem.

Until he changes his ways, we will just get worse and worse.

I can't believe that after 2.5 years of this bs, he's still got people willing to overlook what HE is doing to our football club.

The sad thing is Frail's demise gives Vlad a number of outs

1. He can say "see, a coach with full control doesnt give the desired results"

2. A British coach is not necessarily going to be successful

3. "Its not my fault we were so poor, Frail didnt do a good enough job"

Frail is not the problem or part of the problem

The problem is he shouldnt be in the role. The problem is that he was given the role

The problem is we have had a continual flow of complete sewage coaching and managing the players for 30 months

This is not window dressing this is fact and there is only one person responsible for all of these decisions

I don't think Vlad could say these things.

(1) A coach needs his own back room staff and needs to have experience of managing a team and have had some relavent success as a manger. he must also be able to select his own players without interference. Untill all of the above is in place VR can not say it does not work. The fact is, it does work ala Burley and Webster...nuff said.

(2) British does not mean best, but it does help if they know a bit about the league they will be managing in, once again Burley and Webster had the messure of the SPL and both were british.

(3)He can say it's not his fault all he wants, but the buck clearly stops with him. he appointed a under 19's coach as head coach for the 1st team. The coach failed because he had no experience of managing a football club and had no respect from the players, he also had no tactical abillity what so ever. This appointment was doomed to failure soon as it was announced.

Dr. Bapswent
Aye - a very small part. Frail ain't the root cause of the problem.

Our owner refusing to appoint a manager, and let him manage, is the root cause of our problem.

Agreed, it would be wrong to focus the blame on Frail, or to be honest, even give him such a hard time.

He has done a thankless task with no help, and he wasnt even qualified to do it from the start.

How can he be the one strung up for the all faults?

Guest JamboRobbo
Agreed, it would be wrong to focus the blame on Frail, or to be honest, even give him such a hard time.

He has done a thankless task with no help, and he wasnt even qualified to do it from the start.

How can he be the one strung up for the all faults?

Because somebody has to be Vlad's scapegoat.....

Guest GhostHunter
We can't just ignore the Romanov factor tho. He IS the root cause of the whole problem.

Until he changes his ways, we will just get worse and worse.

I can't believe that after 2.5 years of this bs, he's still got people willing to overlook what HE is doing to our football club.

Chill....I am not overlooking anything.

I realise that were he TO change his ways, we'd have a successful club.

Dr. Bapswent
Because somebody has to be Vlad's scapegoat.....

I dont really think he needs one. He is perfectly happy to simply ignore those who criticise, he doesnt really need a fall guy to take the flack.

Guest JamboRobbo

Fair enough mate. I just don't see the point in blaming anyone else other than the man who makes the calls.

Frail should never have been in the job, he doesn't have the experience or the qualifications. It would've been a shock if he hadn't failed miserably.

So why blame Frail then. He is put there as a scapegoat and you're all using him just as Vlad desired.

I hope Vlad is telling the applicants on 'the shortlist' to ignore SFs comments. Otherwise we'll never get a manager at this rate.:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont really think he needs one. He is perfectly happy to simply ignore those who criticise, he doesnt really need a fall guy to take the flack.

So why has he appointed and fired a succession of fall guys then? Rix, Valdas, Malofeev, Valdas, Korobochka, Frail, Chernakov, Frail....

when all along, it was Vlad who was picking the team.

All of them have taken the blame for Vlads team selections...and you say he is happy to take the flak?

If he's happy to take the flak, he should sit in the dugout and put his head on the line if we lose.

I hope Vlad is telling the applicants on 'the shortlist' to ignore SFs comments. Otherwise we'll never get a manager at this rate.:rolleyes:

:hae36:

Dr. Bapswent
So why has he appointed and fired a succession of fall guys then? Rix, Valdas, Malofeev, Valdas, Korobochka, Frail, Chernakov, Frail....

when all along, it was Vlad who was picking the team.

All of them have taken the blame for Vlads team selections...and you say he is happy to take the flak?

If he's happy to take the flak, he should sit in the dugout and put his head on the line if we lose.

They do have a function, I believe they do pick the team outwith the 'special' players who are to be showcased etc.

I dont think their role is simply to take the flak, If they had been there to do that, they would have went down in more spectacular fashions, to deflect more attention.

I think the reason that doesnt happen is actually because of this, the reason the dont put thier head on the line, is because they and others know, its not thier fault...and the flak is all Vlads.

He just has a good way of dealing with it....he doesnt really care.

Thats why the fans are so frustrated.

vegas-voss

Yeah Frail is a scapegoat and ultimately Vlad is to blame for the mess we are in,but it's the pish Frail constantly spouts from one day to another that does my ****ing head in with him personally.He seems to have his own agenda and will blame or use any words he can to deflect things off himself.I still think it would be unfair to loose his job for doing a job he does not have the qualifications or the experience for but at the same time if we all get what we want and that's a new man in total control of team affairs who is to say the new guy would not want rid of Frail for his own coach anyway and then would anbody really worry about Frail then ?

As for Vlad he is on a totally different planet of critism altogether.

Guest JamboRobbo
They do have a function, I believe they do pick the team outwith the 'special' players who are to be showcased etc.

I dont think their role is simply to take the flak, If they had been there to do that, they would have went down in more spectacular fashions, to deflect more attention.

I think the reason that doesnt happen is actually because of this, the reason the dont put thier head on the line, is because they and others know, its not thier fault...and the flak is all Vlads.

He just has a good way of dealing with it....he doesnt really care.

Thats why the fans are so frustrated.

I just about agree.

Other than I still think they are there to take Vlads flak, plus to deal with the mundane day to day stuff (like training) that Vlad doesn't have time to deal with.

Baird, King and Michael

I?ve tried to reconcile why Frail stuck with Elliot for so long when it was clear that he is simply not good enough.

Either it is because Frail has absolutely no judgment at all when it comes to seeing potential in players or it?s something else.

I get the feeling that the likes of Elliot (and Neilson) regardless of their deficiencies are players who give their all in training and give 100% when picked.

In a way I wonder if Frail has been making a point to other players on the books who may have more ability but simply don?t care or try hard enough that they won?t be picked and others will.

This of course is not normal at a football club?but we are not a normal football club!

Anywhere else a manager with full autonomy would take a look at the squad, sort out the good from the bad and ship out those he considers to be not up to his standards.

Frail, (and none of the managers before him) has not been able to do that therefore he picks players he feels deserve a chance.

Before anybody jumps in saying I?m defending either him or Clum?I?m not.

I?m merely trying to find some kind of explanation for otherwise unexplainable decisions.

I?ve tried to reconcile why Frail stuck with Elliot for so long when it was clear that he is simply not good enough.

Either it is because Frail has absolutely no judgment at all when it comes to seeing potential in players or it?s something else.

I get the feeling that the likes of Elliot (and Neilson) regardless of their deficiencies are players who give their all in training and give 100% when picked.

In a way I wonder if Frail has been making a point to other players on the books who may have more ability but simply don?t care or try hard enough that they won?t be picked and others will.

This of course is not normal at a football club?but we are not a normal football club!

Anywhere else a manager with full autonomy would take a look at the squad, sort out the good from the bad and ship out those he considers to be not up to his standards.

Frail, (and none of the managers before him) has not been able to do that therefore he picks players he feels deserve a chance.

Before anybody jumps in saying I?m defending either him or Clum?I?m not.

I?m merely trying to find some kind of explanation for otherwise unexplainable decisions.

Quite possible, but doing that was always risking the other players taking the stance that the clubs a joke, if they want to play Clum ahead of a more talented player then let them... the player left out is getting paid more than enough to do nothing plus the have their agent trying to find them a proper football club for next season.

Nobody wins in that scenario and as usual the fans are th loosers.

I want to see the back of Frail primarily because he's just too willing to bend over for Vlad, but that's a fair point.

How much autonomy did SF really have?

And given that Vlad was interfering with team selection, didn't SF do a reasonable job until the final three games when the players decided just to give up (I know it's his job to make sure that our supposedly professional players keep trying but the shower of ******s playing in maroon just now are not professionals)?

He has to go because we need a proper manager who'll tell Vlad to keep hsi nose out, but I can't help thinking some people are being a bit too harsh on Frail.

Drew Busby !
The problem is Romanov methods are the root cause. To choose your analogy he is the cuase of the fruit turning rotten.

(I'm not taking about leaving Tynie but just keeping his neb completely out of football side and backing a manager to manage)

Whilst, I agree Frail ain't up to it. Bringing in say Jefferies will not change us over night unless Vlad is prepared to take a step back and stop meddling ie. saying you have to play that diddy because I'm trying to sell him or you need to play the diddy because he has rossy cheeks and he's ever so attractive!

The manager needs to be allowed to manage, otherwise the problems within the squad will not be eradicated.

It is pointless bringing a new manager unless the way the footballing side of the club is run.

A manager needs to be allowed to build a team, he needs to be allowed to discipline people, he needs to be able to move players on, he needs to say feck off when players are being forced upon him.

I'm sorry unless Vlad provides the manager/coaches/players conditions to enable them to suceed we want. That is the biggest change that needs to happen at our club.

Not picking another scapegoat.

That said Frail should be no part of any new set-up he is tainted with the past shambles. Though that also goes for AK, and many others.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Romanov is the root cause of the clubs current horrible situation without doubt. In the context of Frail he has allowed an incomptetent to steer the ship since January.

Frail has tried his best to keep things together. The fact that he has failed so abysmally reflects as much on Romanov as it does on his own mediocre coaching, tactical and man-management talents.

Romanov has shown no inclination to dismiss him. Why should he, Frails profile is perfect for other placements in Vlads pyramid. But if Frail has even one ounce of self-respect left he should resign. More for his own sake and personal, career and mental well being. Screw Hearts, it's not a moral crusade he's on, it's just a freekin' job at the end of the day. And the sooner he leaves that job, the sooner that kicks away Vlads last remaining piece of local management support. Then we can fast-forward to the end game and see if Vlad brings back in Malofeev or similar ... or whether he really is going with one last throw of the dice with a new manager. Myself, I have no belief that he will take the latter course of action, or could stick to it for more than a few months even if he did.

We're pretty much fecked really IMO. :cool:

I would add that even if the full control of a manager is overruled only in respect of one player - say Goncalves ahead of Wallace for example - then the entire house of cards that is that principle falls down

So to suggest that Frail should have done better when we know he wasnt in full control at all is a little unfair

I do think though that he should walk though

But who knows what kind of contract Romanov has got him tied to. A massive retainer of a proportion of his salary if he walks away before he is fired.

Its easy to say that Shaggy needs a backbone here, but equally when Romanov knows that he pushes people to their mental limits I am sure he tries to protect himself from that where he can

I would add that even if the full control of a manager is overruled only in respect of one player - say Goncalves ahead of Wallace for example - then the entire house of cards that is that principle falls down

So to suggest that Frail should have done better when we know he wasnt in full control at all is a little unfair

I do think though that he should walk though

But who knows what kind of contract Romanov has got him tied to. A massive retainer of a proportion of his salary if he walks away before he is fired.

Its easy to say that Shaggy needs a backbone here, but equally when Romanov knows that he pushes people to their mental limits I am sure he tries to protect himself from that where he can

We all have mortgages and bills mate!... but if you were getting treated like a peice of crap at work day in day out and the pressure resembled a tad of what SF has had to endure via the media and fans you would be looking for an out! I would

I think SF could get another job in football no problem I also think there would be a few red tops willing to pay a handsome reward for the details of whats been going on. The reason he has not left is he wants the job! he thinks he can do it.

wheres his pride?

He is a delusional self indulgent little scrott! who does not give a feck about whats good for the club. Look at John Mcglynn, he was off the 1st chance he got. anyone who had balls and principles got up and got out and never allowed themselves to be treated like a peice of crap.

SF cares about himself and thats why he puts up with the pressure. he cuts the exact same image as Valdas Ivanauskas and we know what happned there. that guy was close to a breakdown!

david mcgee
Correct.

A man has not yet been born that could turnaround this shambles of a club as long as it is run by the current regime.

He had it in his "power".

What utter baloney!

Are you for real?

He never had any power, Romanov made sure of that.

I remember Levein talking about starting out at Cowdenbeath, that he made a lot of mistakes there. Specifically he said he started off trying to get on with everyone. Just got taken advantage of. Then he went to being distant, that just got everyone ****ed off. Then he switched to managing players, finding the best way to motivate the individuals he had working under him.

A good manager is not going to be one of the lads, or mates with the players. He's the boss. He should be ****ing people off on some occasions, picking some up on others. It's not a straightforward job, and Frail has seen the big difference between being a coach and being a manager.

Having said all that, the situation at Hearts is ridiculous. I'm amazed Romanov ever made a penny going by the way the club is run. Lack of leadership, just impetuous occasional interference to stop anyone else making progress as far as I can see.

Not sure Alex Ferguson could do much at Hearts now. He'd just row constantly with Romanov, then push off or be given the elbow, (much as what happened with Burley).

It's been crystal clear for more than 2 years what is necessary at Hearts: put someone with experience in charge, and let them get on with it. No sign of it happening, and I'm starting to regret renewing my season ticket.

I like going to the games with my mates, but maybe we can just go the pub for a chat, and save ourselves the heartache of actually sitting through the game in future!

We all have mortgages and bills mate!... but if you were getting treated like a peice of crap at work day in day out and the pressure resembled a tad of what SF has had to endure via the media and fans you would be looking for an out! I would

I think SF could get another job in football no problem I also think there would be a few red tops willing to pay a handsome reward for the details of whats been going on. The reason he has not left is he wants the job! he thinks he can do it.

wheres his pride?

He is a delusional self indulgent little scrott! who does not give a feck about whats good for the club. Look at John Mcglynn, he was off the 1st chance he got. anyone who had balls and principles got up and got out and never allowed themselves to be treated like a peice of crap.

SF cares about himself and thats why he puts up with the pressure. he cuts the exact same image as Valdas Ivanauskas and we know what happned there. that guy was close to a breakdown!

I agree with a lot of what you say

Ultimately we dont know the contractual backdrop to Frail's position

It may be there is some sort of restrictive provision preventing him working within the SPL for a certain time if he resigns

If there isnt any tie-in then I agree he should walk, and he should walk whilst confirming what nonsense goes on, with examples

There is another thread going on about unity of fans on this board. Well if someone within the club left and had the balls to ignore a pay off or whatever to speak the truth then there would be a damn near better chance of unity resulting from truth and factual representation of what is going on

Archived