Hearts making staff redundant

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

I'm not normally one for posting rumours but I heard last night that Hearts have made certain staff redundant. Not the playing staff or coaching staff but others who work in the offices I believe.

Surely this is a worrying sign.

shaun.lawson
I'm not normally one for posting rumours but I heard last night that Hearts have made certain staff redundant. Not the playing staff or coaching staff but others who work in the offices I believe.

If true, I wouldn't be unduly concerned. In a sense, it'd actually be more worrying if, in the face of a ?36m debt, an urgent need to cut the wage bill, and a second straight season with the revenue from European football, we weren't downsizing, if you see what I mean?

brellierlegend
If true, I wouldn't be unduly concerned. In a sense, it'd actually be more worrying if, in the face of a ?36m debt, an urgent need to cut the wage bill, and a second straight season with the revenue from European football, we weren't downsizing, if you see what I mean?

I am concerned that there is more to this than meets the eye and that as a direct result of Romanovs lunacy since his arrival things are coming to a head with the financial situation. We are in the exact same position as Gretna but on a larger scale!

Guest GhostHunter
I am concerned that there is more to this than meets the eye and that as a direct result of Romanovs lunacy since his arrival things are coming to a head with the financial situation. We are in the exact same position as Gretna but on a larger scale!

Hmmmm.

:hobofish:

Geoff Kilpatrick

We had 13 staff before the change of ownership, now we have 34.

The question is whether we justify 34 staff off the field.

If it gets rid of Koslovski and Lopez, it's a good start!

shaun.lawson

EDIT: That should of course say 'without the revenue'. D'oh!

brellierlegend
We had 13 staff before the change of ownership, now we have 34.

The question is whether we justify 34 staff off the field.

If it gets rid of Koslovski and Lopez, it's a good start!

Exactly. The person I know they made redundant's yearly salary was prob similar to a couple of crappy players weekly combined salaries.

I accept the need for getting rid of people but I think we could get rid of clowns like Koslovski, Lopez, Korobochka and a number of the TERRIBLE playing staff!

Rangers made ALL their shop staff redundant last year - it was no big deal then, it is no big deal now - it happens everywhere these days I am afraid and football clubs are not immune.

There was an ad to fill the vacancy for Comercial Director when Ali Russell left for QPR.

This is an important role at any club - has he been replaced?

If not, why does it take 6 months to fill this role also?

Further, Ali would have been instrumental in finding a new shirt sponsor along with the hired agency, however, no sponsor was found.

Have we lost out on income because the post was not filled?

If so, what is the mad planning behind this - advertise for a post and don't fill it and lose income as a result - who said the off-field structure is in good shape?

walton1983

How many?

Perhaps it's all our fault for not renewing our season tickets?

All those folk in the TO, twiddling their thumbs all day, shuffling paper...

There was an ad to fill the vacancy for Comercial Director when Ali Russell left for QPR.

This is an important role at any club - has he been replaced?

If not, why does it take 6 months to fill this role also?

Further, Ali would have been instrumental in finding a new shirt sponsor along with the hired agency, however, no sponsor was found.

Have we lost out on income because the post was not filled?If so, what is the mad planning behind this - advertise for a post and don't fill it and lose income as a result - who said the off-field structure is in good shape?

More likely no serious contenders would want to be seen within a million miles of Hearts.

tommyssocks

I would imagine we wont need as many staff for the ticket office or people manning the turnstiles etc.:sad:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Getting rid of Pinilla would have saved us a lot more cash.

Yes it would have.

But if you're saying that keeping your "contact" on the staff on is preferable to having a decent striker, then I must disagree.

When I say decent, of course, I don't necessarily mean Pinilla but one who is prepared to be a professional.

Hearts Heritage
this year, 107 next year, 108 in 2010 and so on ...

I am concerned that there is more to this than meets the eye and that as a direct result of Romanovs lunacy since his arrival things are coming to a head with the financial situation. We are in the exact same position as Gretna but on a larger scale![/QUOTE]

spot on.

What would happen to, say, Glasgow Rangers should David Murray kark it overnight?

Wouldn't they be in the same position?

I don't know. That's why I am asking. I just think that what happened at Gretna could possibly happen at a multitude of football clubs the length and breadth of the UK.

Let's not also forget redundancies are not always made to save cash, sometimes jobs can simply be made redundant because of resdturcturing or streamlining, which companies do all the time regadless of finance.

I work for a company that has made many people redundant over the years, but they are not in financial trouble - far from it.

jamboinglasgow
Let's not also forget redundancies are not always made to save cash, sometimes jobs can simply be made redundant because of resdturcturing or streamlining, which companies do all the time regadless of finance.

I work for a company that has made many people redundant over the years, but they are not in financial trouble - far from it.

I was thinking that also, it may be that CO is having a hand in resorting Hearts organisation. We may of hired more people than was nessecary in the last few years and so to make the club run better they are "cutting the fat" so to speak. If it is a case of the club being reorganised, I can only hope it will be brought to the players and backroom football staff. One big reorganistation over the summer done succesfully could make the club run really well and help to reduce debt (over a number of years.)

brellierlegend

Accept your point but I do not think you could say that Hearts are not if financial trouble.

TBH it's not unknown in businesses I've worked at for it to take anything upto a year to attract a suitable candidate for director level posts! Combination of long notice periods and of course the higher up the post less people are able to fill it !!

TBH it's not unknown in businesses I've worked at for it to take anything upto a year to attract a suitable candidate for director level posts! Combination of long notice periods and of course the higher up the post less people are able to fill it !!

I reckon a shirt sponsor is worth anything from ?1m - ?2m over a 3-4 yr period to Hearts. Having UKIO Bankas on the shirt is worth quite simply - nothing.

Top that off with the fee paid to the sponsorship agency for nothing and we're

looking like we're throwing money around for hee-haw in return.

Then we lose the Commercial Director and take 6 months to replace him in the middle of a sponsorship renewal year meaning less chance of finding a deal.

We did not have a year to spare due to the loss of income to find a new Commercial Director and should have went all out to recruit a new guy.

All you do is promote one from a smaller club, or alternatively, don't bother.

Don't bother is the theme round here at the moment and looks more likely.

Why do this? Now that's the golden question. :confused:

A couple of posters mention knowing people who have been made redundant but in what area of the club did they work? There are some departments whose cutbacks would worry me much more than others....

Loftyjambo
A couple of posters mention knowing people who have been made redundant but in what area of the club did they work? There are some departments whose cutbacks would worry me much more than others....

I presume it must be in the Department processing season ticket applications then!

;)

scott herbertson

Given the lack of interference (allegedly) I would say the fax machine operator was surplus to requirements

portobellojambo1

There may well be staff who leave, they may have been seasonal workers, or on short term contracts.

I suppose, in theory, if they have taken extra staff on over the course of time and since discovered that the work can be done with a lesser amount of people seems fair enough, it is a fact of life, these things happen.

However we have someone who should know telling us that the number of actual redundancies made = 0, and I see no reason why he should lie about that statistic.

The poor get poorer and the rich get richer.Sack a few dedicated workers who are probobly working for minimum wage and give a waster like Pinilla a new megabucks three year contract. How much do they expect to save ? I'd be surprised if the total wages saved even covered the cost of a reserve players wages.Why pay off about ten earning peanuts and allow many more to take money under false pretences.BTW nice to see all the compassion shown to those who are losing their jobs, I just hope you all remember that when there is nobody left to serve at Shop/TO.:(

The poor get poorer and the rich get richer.Sack a few dedicated workers who are probobly working for minimum wage and give a waster like Pinilla a new megabucks three year contract. How much do they expect to save ? I'd be surprised if the total wages saved even covered the cost of a reserve players wages.Why pay off about ten earning peanuts and allow many more to take money under false pretences.BTW nice to see all the compassion shown to those who are losing their jobs, I just hope you all remember that when there is nobody left to serve at Shop/TO.:(

Whilst I agree to a degree, do you honestly think fans would accept it if Hearts got rid of a lot of players, not replacing them, but came out and said that with the money saved we were employing frotn office or back office staff instead?

I take it you never read Peter Senior's post then?

CornhillHearts

He has never quite got over Brellier being found out and has become delusional,Ii do however think Hearts are top heavy with staff and some may go as less season ticket holders means redundancies as less money/work.

Guest GhostHunter
He has never quite got over Brellier being found out and has become delusional,Ii do however think Hearts are top heavy with staff and some may go as less season ticket holders means redundancies as less money/work.

Aha - the Guilt Trip

:D

brellierlegend
Aha - the Guilt Trip

:D

I know for sure at least 1 member of staff got made redundant on Wednesday.

I have no reason to lie about this.

brellierlegend

Brellier being found out? All I know is that I would rather have him playing than the majority of dross we currently have.

Whilst I agree to a degree, do you honestly think fans would accept it if Hearts got rid of a lot of players, not replacing them, but came out and said that with the money saved we were employing frotn office or back office staff instead?

We could all think of at least six players who could /should have been offloaded. Instead folk think its the correct thing to pretend about cost cutting to save peanuts. Anyway when I first posted on this subject I had'nt seen Peter's post.

rudi must stay
I've heard exactly the same.

This is more to do with CO than anyone else.

probably the only guy at Tynie that can be trusted at the moment. I hope this is the case

Rawrrrrrrr
probably the only guy at Tynie that can be trusted at the moment. I hope this is the case

What trusted to sit next to RR at conferences, AGms etc and collect his 100k plus per annum whilst the fans are mugged off?

At the end of the day that is his right and im sure many of us would do the same but enough, him and sergei are as bad as the rest of them

They dont have any self respect and are happy to be made to look silly for 100k per annum

They deserve as much disgust as the romanovs

Im sick of CO love in because he appears perfectly happy to be abused by the romanovs and have no power or self respect in return for a healthy paypacket, just like Sergei, Frail and so many of our staff

What trusted to sit next to RR at conferences, AGms etc and collect his 100k plus per annum whilst the fans are mugged off?

At the end of the day that is his right and im sure many of us would do the same but enough, him and sergei are as bad as the rest of them

They dont have any self respect and are happy to be made to look silly for 100k per annum

They deserve as much disgust as the romanovs

Im sick of CO love in because he appears perfectly happy to be abused by the romanovs and have no power or self respect in return for a healthy paypacket, just like Sergei, Frail and so many of our staff

I know people who have been in the directors box this season. They say that the only person who does the work entertaining the dignatories from other clubs is Ogilvie. The Lithuanian 'group' do none of this.

I don't really understand why CO is willing to work with this group and for Romanov, but as far as I can see he is doing a good job.

Archived