"HANDBALL!"

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

What is this mass psychosis within the Hibs support all about? You know the one where they shout HANDBALL every time a ball goes anywhere near a Hearts player's chest or upper body generally. I think there were about 5 or 6 shouts yesterday and it's been the same for a while now. Very odd.

Sheer desperation.

They know they can't beat us and are looking for an salvation available, and probably to further the cheating yam/establishment club narrative in their minds.

Guest C00l K1d

Tbf i screamed for a pen everytime a player got tackled/fell over in the box

Just something about derbies :laugh:

fabienleclerq

We need to start chanting it every time a Hearts player touches it after they scream it.

The People's Chimp

Tbf i screamed for a pen everytime a player got tackled/fell over in the box

Just something about derbies :laugh:

We all make silly calls on occasion and get the odd beamer. This is different though. It is every single one of them screaming HANDBALL in unison. Pure desperation.

Weirdos.

Fxxx the SPFL

We need to start chanting it every time a Hearts player touches it after they scream it.

Yep you hear this quite regularly in the English Prem it actually sounds quite funny. Hobbits shout for handball then next pass hits Hearts player on leg the shout from the Jambos goes up 'handball' then Hearts player passes ball we shout 'handball' again flipping brilliant.

What is this mass psychosis within the Hibs support all about? You know the one where they shout HANDBALL every time a ball goes anywhere near a Hearts player's chest or upper body generally. I think there were about 5 or 6 shouts yesterday and it's been the same for a while now. Very odd.

I agree but I think the sheep are even worse for it. Which might explain why they got a penalty when the ball hit Jordan McGhee on the back.

Just before half time when Hibs were awarded a free kick inside their own penalty box for handball, it was a handball against a Hibs player and not Carrick like the ref thought. Could have been 3.-0 before HT, that would have been sweet!!

On a similar note, I'm loving the "HOOOOOOOFFFF!" we shout every time they lump it forward. Every time and it doesn't get old.

rossthejambo

I despise this whenever it happens in England. Horrific bantz.

On a similar note, I'm loving the "HOOOOOOOFFFF!" we shout every time they lump it forward. Every time and it doesn't get old.

This on the other hand was excellent.

fabienleclerq

I despise this whenever it happens in England. Horrific bantz.

Not as bad as the word bantz but each to their own!

rossthejambo

Not as bad as the word bantz but each to their own!

:lol: Can't argue with that.

Liam Craig's handball as mentioned previously was the most blatent of the game. If it had went to 3-0 before half time, it could really have been a rout !

Francis Albert

It's not just a Hibs phenomenon. I've noticed that increasingly there is a big "handball" shout whenever a ball is blocked by any part of the body above the knee and below the neck. It is probably counterproductive as it just means refs

are inclined to ignore handball shouts. (Obviously not in the case of the ugly sisters of course).

alwaysthereinspirit

Desperation.

Just before half time when Hibs were awarded a free kick inside their own penalty box for handball, it was a handball against a Hibs player and not Carrick like the ref thought. Could have been 3.-0 before HT, that would have been sweet!!

Your correct it hit Liam Craig on the arm but I think the foul was given against carrick for High feet which was a joke as is foot wasn't anywhere near high!!!!!

Ref bottled giving us a penalty.

queensferryjambo

To be fair both teams should have had a penalty.

No they shouldn't if you are referring to Jamie MacDonald pushing Cummings over - the ref watched Cummings push and back into MacDonald 2 or 3 times before he blew the whistle and stopped the corner being taken to give Cummings a warning. Cummings then pushed MacDonald another 2 times prior to the corner being taken even after the ref warns him. Hardly any of this is caught on TV as the camera keeps flitting from player to player. When the corner was taken he instantly backed into MacDonald who pushed him and as expected Cummings lifted his feet and fell flat on his face.

The ref saw exactly what was going on and saw it for exactly what it was - a player fouling the keeper expecting to be shoved then diving to the deck.

Cummings hardly even makes an effort to claim for a penalty because he knows himself he just kicked up his feet and fell like a sack of tatties.

I agree but I think the sheep are even worse for it. Which might explain why they got a penalty when the ball hit Jordan McGhee on the back.

Yup, I agree with this. They scream for absolutely anything. Couldn't believe how much they appealed for against us recently. And then the booing and whistling of the ref when any decision goes against them is unreal as well. Almost ugly sister-esque!

Archived