Scottish clubs in Europe

Boof

Hi folks.

No doubt you've been hearing the 'It'll be good for Scottish football' argument if the Huns do well in Europe, i.e.it'll raise the coefficient and more Scottish teams will be able to play in Euro-land.

That got me thinking...how good has it been for the last few seasons' worth of Scottish Euro-entrants?

Gretna - in administration

Dunfermline - lower reaches of 1st division

Livingston - did they actually get into Europe? If so I've no idea what division they're in.

Anyone else...?

And for their time in Euro-competitions...

Hibs - :rofl:

Hearts - not that great either, but probably the best of the non-OF bunch over the timescale

The problem is that we (Gordhun Pith & Dave Taylor) let teams like Greetna, Dunfy & The Hobos in Europe.

Do away with the cup losers getting into the uefa and we might have a chance.

The problem is that we (Gordhun Pith & Dave Taylor) let teams like Greetna, Dunfy & The Hobos in Europe.

Do away with the cup losers getting into the uefa and we might have a chance.

UEFA have decreed that cup losers play in the UEFA Cup if they lose to CL qualifiers in the cup final, not the SFA. The SFA are culpable for a lot of what is wrong with Scottish football but they can't be blamed for this.

Rangers getting through to a UEFA final by playing some of the worst football I've seen in years has damaged Scottish football's already laughable reputation beyond repair IMO.

Dr. Bapswent
Hi folks.

No doubt you've been hearing the 'It'll be good for Scottish football' argument if the Huns do well in Europe, i.e.it'll raise the coefficient and more Scottish teams will be able to play in Euro-land.

That got me thinking...how good has it been for the last few seasons' worth of Scottish Euro-entrants?

Gretna - in administration

Dunfermline - lower reaches of 1st division

Livingston - did they actually get into Europe? If so I've no idea what division they're in.

Anyone else...?

And for their time in Euro-competitions...

Hibs - :rofl:

Hearts - not that great either, but probably the best of the non-OF bunch over the timescale

You forget QOS next season.

More importantly.

Havent Rangers fans done the Scottish game proud, getting to the final, then trashing the place cos the lost....toys out the pram.

Well done lads, great ambassadors for the game and the country.

Archived