• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• redm

• Le Chat

• WorldChampions1902

Rob Lockhart does not exist. It's a play on words.

Rob as in "to thieve".

Lock as in "Locke"

Hart as in "Heart of Midlothian".

Probably typed by somebody as they negotiated "Dogger" in calm seas.

Far too clever for a hobo.

Jesus. Does he seriously believe all that?

You have to love the fact that he ascribes all three of our Scottish Cup wins in recent years to spending beyond our means. I'm sure that makes him feel better about them, but the theory really doesn't hold water. 2012's win was well after the plug had been pulled, all of our high earners had left, and our team was made up of academy graduates and the odd free transfer. In 1998 we had a team assembled on a shoestring budget by JJ. The only win you could put down to financial doping was 2006 - the least convincing one of the three.

Occasional looks at the Scotsman sports letters there has been guff like this before.

I'd be better posting this on the Shed but the moralists and otherwise superior people that believe this sort pish and take this sort of attitude are unfortunately still around in the 21st century. Like with social media for a lot of the idiots at least the Scotsman exists to give them an outlet. More worried that they might have some influence in the real world. Best ignored.

Bitterness drips from that letter, over the past 10 years or so many company's, banks and country's have all fallen into financial difficulty and needed rescued. Even in the last few days the Co-op has posted disastrous results and was run by a very strange CEO but it's Hearts FC whoever they are that are as guilty as sin. Lockhart and the other twats on .net are only making fools of themselves by their constant whining and FOIs Emails and letters to Ubig, Ukio Prime ministers etc they just can't see the damage they are doing to themselves and the club they are supposed to support.

Different Class

THE LIFUANIAN PUBLIC SHUD BE UP IN ARMS BUT!!!!

Since when were shareholders in HMFC and 'the public' the same thing? And how long are they going to be in denial about the charities being paid back?

They are beyond parody.

Francis Albert

Most newspapers restrict the length of inane rants to their letters pages. It will be interesting to see how many (and how long) are the rejoinders to this nonsense published in the hibsman.

tartofmidlothian

:yas:

Brilliant. Self-obsessed whining from a bitter Hobo, every new paragraph brought tears of laughter. "But, but, but... it's just not fair! Cos I said so!" Bottom lip out. There's a time for humility and a time to laugh at self-righteous bollocks like this.

Most newspapers restrict the length of inane rants to their letters pages. It will be interesting to see how many (and how long) are the rejoinders to this nonsense published in the hibsman.

That's what surprised me. Half a page! I wondered what that would cost in column inches on their rate card. No wonder folk get fed up with the Scotsman.

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's what surprised me. Half a page! I wondered what that would cost in column inches on their rate card. No wonder folk get fed up with the Scotsman.

Be fair! It saved paying Aidan Smith for the same space.

If they had let Mercer buy them there would've been no need for overspending.

Hibs' fault.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would like to apologise to Gretna and Celtic for preventing them from the easy task of seeing off H1b5 in the big cup finals that we cheated our way to. Think about it. :2thumbsup:

Guest C00l K1d

I'd like to know a bit more about the ukio creditors who we owe money to.

I'm not saying they aren't but it's like hibs fans are going on about them like they're angels. Not that it would make it any better that they're losing out if they all turned out to be crooks and frauds (like all Lithuanian business people amirite), would just be interesting to know.

Could somebody please drag up our and h1b5 losses from the following seasons if possible, I want to check something

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

Having heard about them requiring 12.5k to break even (attendances) It gets me wondering are they really justified in calling us 'cheeturz' ?

And this sudden sympathy with the Lithuanian tax payer is coming from supporters from the same team who just a few seasons ago were quite happy to rip the pish out of our Lithuanians connections ?

I'm thinking there is a little too much hypocrisy for them to take the moral high ground.

Also, Duff and Grey - Hibs pre STF owners. Wasn't Duff a convicted fraudster who either messed up a charity or robbed them blind ? http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watchdogs-probe-former-hibs-chairmans-1074525

Anyway my point being is that for every 'point' they can come up with we can shoot one back at them. All they're doing is embarrassing themselves and their club beyon belief. Time to move on lads eh ?

But if someone could find said accounts for the years mentioned that would be great! (Insert unusual .net smiley)

All this tells me is that we still have a great deal of pain and suffering to heap upon them, starting on Sunday.

Any fair minded person would have said after 5-1, enough is enough. In the boxing analogy the towel would have been well and truly thrown in and we would have eased off.

But it's them you see. They never learn and they keep coming back for more in the form of drivel like this letter.

Well, they're going to get more. Plenty more.

tartofmidlothian

BTW, I'm surprised they're still using this 'overspending' patter when a team which is far less highly resourced than theirs' has been battering them off the pitch this season.

queensferryjambo

Could somebody please drag up our and h1b5 losses from the following seasons if possible, I want to check something

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

H1b5 losses =

09/10 = 2-1 & 2-1.

10/11 = 2-0 & 1-0.

11/12 = 2-0, 3-1, 2-0 & 5-1.

12/13 - None.

These are the only H1b5 losses I care about - on the park.

They shouldn't put guff like that to print.When you consider the fact that Johnston press are struggling we may be reading about creditors they've bumped very very soon.

I can't believe some of the stuff in their papers,the EEN must have lost thousands of "local" readers in the last few years,alienating a huge section of your readership can't be the way to go!

Anybody want to remind me of the praise for Johnstone Press just a few days ago? My Facebook and Twitter was full of people showing the cover and saying "get two" and the like! :laugh:

Buffalo Bill

Hearts FC? Surely it's Heart of Midlothian FC. This really winds me up when we're referred to As Hearts FC and not HMFC.

Correct.

Brave Hearts

Wonder if he has written a similar letter in regards to the massive costs to the British people that was incurred by the Governent and tax payers bailing out RBS and HBOS.

And as for media love-in ?

Edinburgh Evening News ?

The Scotsman ?

BBC Scotland ?

Son Of Anarchy

I used to greatly dislike hibs,the scotsman and the evening news. I now officially detest the ****. Absolute laughing stock and Grade A cretins. Sundays derby cant come quick enough for me. Not only have we"kicked them in the balls as we go down" but i now want to rip out their spleen too. Deal with it!

Son Of Anarchy

I used to greatly dislike hibs,the scotsman and the evening news. I now officially detest the ****. Absolute laughing stock and Grade A cretins. Sundays derby cant come quick enough for me. Not only have we"kicked them in the balls as we go down" but i now want to rip out their spleen too. Gorgie Rules.Deal with it!

What are the odds he's got his credit cards up to the hilt?

Now that is stretching the imagination, to consider a Hibs supporter (word used loosely) having a credit card , he`s probably not graduated from using crayons to a pencil or pen yet, so unable to sign on the wee strip yet .

john brownlee

when we are getting constant guff like these letters etc.. It reminds me of the old saying never argue with an idiot because you will never win, as they will wear you down

But once again I can laugh at the h1b5 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA comedy gold

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

Having heard about them requiring 12.5k to break even (attendances) It gets me wondering are they really justified in calling us 'cheeturz' ?

And this sudden sympathy with the Lithuanian tax payer is coming from supporters from the same team who just a few seasons ago were quite happy to rip the pish out of our Lithuanians connections ?

I'm thinking there is a little too much hypocrisy for them to take the moral high ground.

Also, Duff and Grey - Hibs pre STF owners. Wasn't Duff a convicted fraudster who either messed up a charity or robbed them blind ? http://www.dailyreco...airmans-1074525

Anyway my point being is that for every 'point' they can come up with we can shoot one back at them. All they're doing is embarrassing themselves and their club beyon belief. Time to move on lads eh ?

But if someone could find said accounts for the years mentioned that would be great! (Insert unusual .net smiley)

The last 2 years Accounts where only just in Positive Figures due too them reaching the 2 Cup Finals, none of it this season though, Attendances Down, Wage Bills Up, 200k on Collins and no European Tie either, safely say they will be running at a fair loss this season.. As for next, Ho Ho Ho, they will be truly Donald Ducked as Im pretty sure their lump sum payments start next year(Or maybe 2016)...

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Pathetic just doesn't come close to describing that letter, and for the Scotsman to give it credence by adding a photo of Romanov just shows how low that rag has gone. As usual, with efforts to degrade rivals, this attempt to discredit, not only Hearts, but their support, makes no effort to, either, describe our 'lack of humility, nor suggest how that humility might better be shown. I presume our temerity to beat them in their 'relegation Derby' is the kind of thing this heartbroken Hibby is referring to as, I suspect he, despite his claim to the contrary, would love to see our club die and was desperate for an 'equaliser' to the Cup Final.

There is no doubt that Hearts were wrong to build up the unsustainable debt, though I doubt it was done in the belief that the club would eventually go bust and leave unpaid creditors, but the insolvency laws are there and Hearts, through BDO, have not broken any, and the administration has been carried out in an impeccable manner. Does this 'concerned citizen' think that Hearts should be treated any differently than any other business that has an insolvency event, just because they had success during the period prior to this. Unless these people who would like to see Hearts suffer more can come up with some evidence of law-breaking then they should stay silent, or just add to the ever-growing list of Hibby mischief makers (failed).

For those who don't regularly visit the blog, I'd suggest to anyone here interested, or any Hibs fans looking in, of a reasonable mind, who might want to broaden their understanding of how Hearts, and it's supporters, are viewed by more enlightened bloggers and supporters of clubs outside of the Hibs' hate-fest, I'd suggest they visit TSFM and scroll through there for posts concerning Hearts plight. Yes there is anger that creditors are being stiffed, and some think Hearts have cheated, but none criticise the Hearts support for the way they have carried themselves throughout this period, and applaud Hearts and the support for showing 'humility and contrition' so clearly missing elsewhere.

One thing that always puzzles me whenever Hearts' situation is described as 'cheating', though, is; when did the cheating actually take place? Is it at the time the matches were played, or is it at the exact moment administration was announced. If it was the former, then surely any club that has an insolvency event (or were on the brink of liquidation), but has been saved by a sugar daddy, has also cheated! If it's the latter, then the cheating would only exist on that day alone, and therefore be meaningless. I can think of a couple of clubs that were on the brink of extinction due to unsustainable debts, that only survived to clear their debt with the intervention of a sugar daddy. I wonder if any Hibs' 'mischief maker' would like to compare his/her own club's situation prior to Mercer's take-over attempt that led to Farmer's eventual purchase, and explain how his club didn't cheat if he still thinks Hearts did!

Nookie Bear

Who is going to apologise anyway?

The fans? Er, we have suffered more than anyone here and stumped up our own cash to fund the gaps?

The players? The big earners were moved on, many not got paid and the young guys who are left have been run into the ground.

Budge? FoH? Sorry, they are trying to make it right, not cover up the past.

The only person who might be apologising to anyone for unpaid bills is currently out of office and doesn't seem like the apologising type in any case.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pathetic just doesn't come close to describing that letter, and for the Scotsman to give it credence by adding a photo of Romanov just shows how low that rag has gone. As usual, with efforts to degrade rivals, this attempt to discredit, not only Hearts, but their support, makes no effort to, either, describe our 'lack of humility, nor suggest how that humility might better be shown. I presume our temerity to beat them in their 'relegation Derby' is the kind of thing this heartbroken Hibby is referring to as, I suspect he, despite his claim to the contrary, would love to see our club die and was desperate for an 'equaliser' to the Cup Final.

There is no doubt that Hearts were wrong to build up the unsustainable debt, though I doubt it was done in the belief that the club would eventually go bust and leave unpaid creditors, but the insolvency laws are there and Hearts, through BDO, have not broken any, and the administration has been carried out in an impeccable manner. Does this 'concerned citizen' think that Hearts should be treated any differently than any other business that has an insolvency event, just because they had success during the period prior to this. Unless these people who would like to see Hearts suffer more can come up with some evidence of law-breaking then they should stay silent, or just add to the ever-growing list of Hibby mischief makers (failed).

For those who don't regularly visit the blog, I'd suggest to anyone here interested, or any Hibs fans looking in, of a reasonable mind, who might want to broaden their understanding of how Hearts, and it's supporters, are viewed by more enlightened bloggers and supporters of clubs outside of the Hibs' hate-fest, I'd suggest they visit TSFM and scroll through there for posts concerning Hearts plight. Yes there is anger that creditors are being stiffed, and some think Hearts have cheated, but none criticise the Hearts support for the way they have carried themselves throughout this period, and applaud Hearts and the support for showing 'humility and contrition' so clearly missing elsewhere.

One thing that always puzzles me whenever Hearts' situation is described as 'cheating', though, is; when did the cheating actually take place? Is it at the time the matches were played, or is it at the exact moment administration was announced. If it was the former, then surely any club that has an insolvency event (or were on the brink of liquidation), but has been saved by a sugar daddy, has also cheated! If it's the latter, then the cheating would only exist on that day alone, and therefore be meaningless. I can think of a couple of clubs that were on the brink of extinction due to unsustainable debts, that only survived to clear their debt with the intervention of a sugar daddy. I wonder if any Hibs' 'mischief maker' would like to compare his/her own club's situation prior to Mercer's take-over attempt that led to Farmer's eventual purchase, and explain how his club didn't cheat if he still thinks Hearts did!

TSFM is full of Septic minded saddoes who are as bad as writing letters as the vermin.

No thanks.

the same corupt media /sfa that wanted to hound miko out of Scottish football for diving v Scotland

but never gave the same treatment to naysmith

vlad rattled them all and they are still hurting lmfao

Edited by ASSASSIN

manaliveits105

He has lived alone since his mother died - it took him 4 hours to type his email due to his hands shaking and the spilling of his glens vodka over the keyboard - he has had the same clothes on for a full week - his cats litter tray hasn't been emptied for a month but the hibsman thinks his letter worth highlighting .

FTH 5-1 .

As far as I am concerned that wasn't written by Joe public. It's a reflection of the Scotsman's own feelings In my opinion.

Hot since 86

Just for those wondering Rab Lockhart is a masive jambo from Glenrothes and member of Dunfermline Hearts Supporters Club...pretty sure they are two different people...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just for those wondering Rab Lockhart is a masive jambo from Glenrothes and member of Dunfermline Hearts Supporters Club...pretty sure they are two different people...

It's Sergey. He often uses the names of Hearts supporters when having public tantrums. Wonder how he feels about his own name finding its way in to the public domain... Bet he'd be less tHan happy.

How sad can one individual actually get. Sergay must have the emptiest life on the planet to care so much about a football team that he doesn't even support. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Think we need to remind them of 19/05/12 a bit more .

The cheats claims are nonsense, a football club is a business and unfortunately our club has been ran very badly for a good few years but what did they expect the fans to do. Fans of many clubs still got to see their team even when its being run badly because it is their team so not supporting your team isnt an option. To suggest fans can change major overspending by the owner is ridiculous , how many RBS customers went into a branch and complained about they way it was being run before it crashed ?

Most clubs in scotland will have had debt written off at some level is this cheating or good business to keep the compay afloat , is any club that has debt or returns a loss each season cheating ?.

Hearts could have taken the option of liquidation and dropped to the bottom of the league ( minimum we deserved for most Hobbits ) but we decided the CVA route was better for the club and creditors. The price of the CVA was more than the current valuation of the ground according to recent sales so the poor UBIG/Ukio shareholders got a better deal than they would have and also a quicker sale than they would have on the open market.

Hibs wanted us in the lower divisions for the simple reason that it would be a longer spell without us humping them at least 3 to 4 times a season . Our club has been punished not just by a 15 point deduction but also by a made up transfer embargo that suited the SPL at the time because if we didnt ave the ban we may have avoided relegation which would have cheered the Hobbits up no end . The attempted Rudi signing is a prime example, we had an over 21 registered player who's registration we cancelled to sign Rudi but because he had never played he didnt count, what qualifies as a registered player, how many games does he need to be involved in before he is registered .

I think our club has been punished but the old regime has gone you cannot keep punishing a business because of what the old owners have done. If this was the case no company would ever go down the CVA route. I noticed a few days ago a private hire taxi company in Edinburgh went bust owing 300k but all they done was assure all the staff all jobs were safe as they now belonged to another company with no attempt to pay any debt , just a clean slate and off you go.

Hibs fans love to believe we have cheated everyone and should suffer for eternity. It is the only thing they think they have over us with the exception off other team players who have caused us pain.Hibs are bitter that even in the current state our club is in we can still turn them over on a regular basis. For me this is the biggest upset they have that even our U20's have more fight and desire to win derby games than they have ever had. They are sick off hearing about 5-1 but how long had you heard about 0-7 before that game. They mention the game on their empty stadium wall , use it in promotional situations , Tshirts and every other item available in their shop. They like to dish it out but now the one major thing the cligned to has also gone. Never will a game like a 5-1 thrashing in a major cup final be topped.

I never had a problem with Hibs until the last year or so and would never liked to have seen them liquidated but now Im not so sure.

I suggest a large banner for Fester road with CVA accepted .

• davemclaren locked this topic