Letter in today's Scotsman

Le Chat

I'm gutted that they still lead us in the only competition that matters. That one they made up for teams that pay their bills. I'm surprised that the mercury has gone through the seethometer when they have that to console them.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• redm

• Le Chat

• WorldChampions1902

Private Womble

1613880_631917663553881_3978962269695983979_n.jpg

Redm , I thought you meant this picture was Jambo lou, at first I was like :sweeet: and then I was :facepalm:

Redm , I thought you meant this picture was Jambo lou, at first I was like :sweeet: and then I was :facepalm:

You never know. :)

jack D and coke
Each time we score on Sunday:

So ******* sorry

Oh we are so ******* sorry

So ******* sorry...

Etc.

Love it :lol:

Back in the Pieman's day. It was a rant signed by Adam Murray and the club asked The Scotsman for contact details as this person was a season ticket holder. There was a registered Adam Murray, who posted on KB, but it wasn't him and there were no others. Eventually The Scotsman admitted to making the sender up!

Christ, I'd forgotten all about that.

It just goes to show how long the Scotsman have been a bunch of fecking vermin charlatans.

Unknown user

It's Sergey. He often uses the names of Hearts supporters when having public tantrums. Wonder how he feels about his own name finding its way in to the public domain... Bet he'd be less tHan happy.

It's what the web needs...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is that because they are Celtic supporters, or write credible posts that hurt your sensibilities? I can assure you, there have been a number of posts comparing how the Hearts administration has been carried out, and the actions and attitudes of Hearts supporters, with that as carried out at Ibrox, and all very positive about us (I only mentioned TSFM in my original post to compare the attitude there with that of Hibs supporters such as the eejit that wrote the letter to the Scotsman). You might prefer to just moan about the goings on in football on sites just like this, nothing wrong with that, but people like Auldheid and John Clark, have taken action, as they see it, on behalf of supporters of all clubs; that is, unless you believe that Rangers didn't cheat us all.

Ally, let me put it another way. If they retitled the blog as The Sevco Football Monitor, you would at least know what to expect. As it is, if someone wrote a blog about the Vlad roller coaster almost all of the comments on it would be about Sevco.

they want an apology, I am not sure who they want it from but i will give it a go!

Dears Hibs supporter,

I am truly sorry for all your suffering, I am sorry that during the Vlad era, Hearts humiliated you consistently on the park. I am sorry that we cheered and celebrated winning the Scottish Cup in 2006, I am sorry we allowed that multi-million pound player, Paul Hartley, to score a hat-trick against you. I am sorry that I am sorry we fielded a team of world cup stars and, once again, humiliated you in the biggest derby in over 100 years. I am sorry we partied for days when we won that Cup in 2012. I am sorry that despite years of over-spending the SFA/SPFL punished us in accordance with the rules, you know, the ones EVERY team agreed to. I am sorry that even our team of under 20's have defeated you both home and away. I am sorry that Ukio/Ubig creditors agreed the CVA was in the best interest for their creditors.

I am sorry that Hibs best team in a generation, the mowbray era, were swept aside in a cup semi final, I am sorry that Hibs fans didnt make it to the game that day, I am sorry that, despite your own overspending, you have failed to make the top 6 for years now, I am sorry that all those managerial changes bring you nothing but misery, I am sorry that it looks like you will be joining us in the championship, not because of a point deduction, but just because you are sh**e. I am sorry that even when we are at our worst, it is still good enough to defeat hibs.

but most of all - I am so sorry I loved every single second of it and would do it all again

:verysmug:

Outstanding!

If I wrote a lengthy letter to the Scotsman complaining that Craig Thomson didn't give us a second penalty or play added time in the Cup Final, would I be ridiculed on this Forum, their Forum, or both?

Would I have to say I was sorry

jack D and coke
Remember when The Scotsman made up a letter written by an "Adam Murray" about Hearts and it turned out they made up the letter and the name?

History repeating itself.

Back in the Pieman's day. It was a rant signed by Adam Murray and the club asked The Scotsman for contact details as this person was a season ticket holder. There was a registered Adam Murray, who posted on KB, but it wasn't him and there were no others. Eventually The Scotsman admitted to making the sender up!

I've never heard that one before, that is absolutely mental. This is our local paper?! The sooner that rag is down the tubes the better.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've never heard that one before, that is absolutely mental. This is our local paper?! The sooner that rag is down the tubes the better.

Indeed, circa 2001 IIRC

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Scotsman should restart the Vladimov Romanir patter.

Now that was top bantz.

In amongst all the hilarioso bantz about "Jamboids" etc, was a scathing piss take about how shite Suso Santana was (I forget the derogatory nickname they gave him)... The wee man went on to dominate, torture and humiliate their favourites for three years or so, before topping it off with a cup final rag-dolling in the biggest derby/Cup final in Edinburgh history.

GIRFUY Vladimov Romanir. :smug:

scott_jambo

I might write a newspapers page worth moaning about Hibs. I wonder if that would get published. Probs naw.

I might write a newspapers page worth moaning about Hibs. I wonder if that would get published. Probs naw.

Assuming we get the job done on Sunday there will be plenty of letters moaning about Hibs from Leith

Apparently we are a disgrace for having our new shirts made by Adidas, a German manufacturer.

Honestly I think we broke them on 19/5/12 they've gone into meltdown.

Edited by dode

To be fair to the Evening News, they were generally brilliant with us during the fundraising stuff we did and haven't been half as bad for the weird stuff as mentioned above. Barry Anderson might get some stick but he was genuinely keen to help (& he did), as did David McCann and a few others. Kenny Millar at The Sun. Plus names I forget.

Just mentioning for balance. :)

scott_jambo

To be fair to the Evening News, they were generally brilliant with us during the fundraising stuff we did and haven't been half as bad for the weird stuff as mentioned above. Barry Anderson might get some stick but he was genuinely keen to help (& he did), as did David McCann and a few others. Kenny Millar at The Sun. Plus names I forget.

Stuart Bathgate too.

they want an apology, I am not sure who they want it from but i will give it a go!

Dears Hibs supporter,

I am truly sorry for all your suffering, I am sorry that during the Vlad era, Hearts humiliated you consistently on the park. I am sorry that we cheered and celebrated winning the Scottish Cup in 2006, I am sorry we allowed that multi-million pound player, Paul Hartley, to score a hat-trick against you. I am sorry that I am sorry we fielded a team of world cup stars and, once again, humiliated you in the biggest derby in over 100 years. I am sorry we partied for days when we won that Cup in 2012. I am sorry that despite years of over-spending the SFA/SPFL punished us in accordance with the rules, you know, the ones EVERY team agreed to. I am sorry that even our team of under 20's have defeated you both home and away. I am sorry that Ukio/Ubig creditors agreed the CVA was in the best interest for their creditors.

I am sorry that Hibs best team in a generation, the mowbray era, were swept aside in a cup semi final, I am sorry that Hibs fans didnt make it to the game that day, I am sorry that, despite your own overspending, you have failed to make the top 6 for years now, I am sorry that all those managerial changes bring you nothing but misery, I am sorry that it looks like you will be joining us in the championship, not because of a point deduction, but just because you are sh**e. I am sorry that even when we are at our worst, it is still good enough to defeat hibs.

but most of all - I am so sorry I loved every single second of it and would do it all again

Love it, apart from the bit I've highlighted.

Days???

You never know. :)

most definitely not!!!!

Love it, apart from the bit I've highlighted.

Days???

I was trying to be apologetic - If I started bragging that we are still partying now, it may not have come across as sympathetic!!!

Dears Hibs supporter,

Class!!!

Copied and posted this on my FB page for all the hobos of the world to see

The People's Chimp

Is that because they are Celtic supporters, or write credible posts that hurt your sensibilities? I can assure you, there have been a number of posts comparing how the Hearts administration has been carried out, and the actions and attitudes of Hearts supporters, with that as carried out at Ibrox, and all very positive about us (I only mentioned TSFM in my original post to compare the attitude there with that of Hibs supporters such as the eejit that wrote the letter to the Scotsman). You might prefer to just moan about the goings on in football on sites just like this, nothing wrong with that, but people like Auldheid and John Clark, have taken action, as they see it, on behalf of supporters of all clubs; that is, unless you believe that Rangers didn't cheat us all.

It seems to me that there are a lot of internet hobbyists on there whose hobby appears to be misunderstanding complex areas of commercial and corporate law, and then using that to justify their ever growing conspiracy theories. Whenever I read things like the lengthy and barely readable reply to the Harper McLeod reply it brings to mind the misguided ramblings of freemen on the land who use a bizarre legalese and misunderstand key legal concepts to justify their theories and conspiracies.

It all seems to be an extension of the same thought processes that the Hibs' Yam liquidation thread is riddled with, and which means that Celtic fans just can't let go of the Rangers saga, even though they had to start again in the 3rd division.

tartofmidlothian

Spot on. I also think that EEN cover suggesting Massone should walk away was a great help, and above and beyond the call.

Newspapers just want to get in on what people are talking about, and they'll take ideas from forums and phone-ins. If some Hobo's willing to draft them a page worth of opinion that's in a publishable state they've struck gold, there's another page their own folk don't have to write or pay to fill.

I bet if one of us was to write a well-argued and lucid reply that wasn't just a sarcasm bomb or didn't read like the work of someone who's first language wasn't English, they'd publish that too.

Glamorgan Jambo

Spot on. I also think that EEN cover suggesting Massone should walk away was a great help, and above and beyond the call.

Newspapers just want to get in on what people are talking about, and they'll take ideas from forums and phone-ins. If some Hobo's willing to draft them a page worth of opinion that's in a publishable state they've struck gold, there's another page their own folk don't have to write or pay to fill.

I bet if one of us was to write a well-argued and lucid reply that wasn't just a sarcasm bomb or didn't read like the work of someone who's first language wasn't English, they'd publish that too.

There are separate editorial teams for the EEN and for Scotsman/SOS.

The editor of the Scotsman/SOS is 100% a Hibs supporter, although I doubt he's been through the gates at Easter Road for years, and he's also not stupid enough to get involved in some of the bizarre activities seen in the Scotsman in the recent past (e.g. the purported Pat Munro 'offer'). His name is easily available but I won't mention it here.

There are separate editorial teams for the EEN and for Scotsman/SOS.

The editor of the Scotsman/SOS is 100% a Hibs supporter, although I doubt he's been through the gates at Easter Road for years, and he's also not stupid enough to get involved in some of the bizarre activities seen in the Scotsman in the recent past (e.g. the purported Pat Munro 'offer'). His name is easily available but I won't mention it here.

First name: rhymes with "ball-in"

Surname: used to be Stott

Alleged to be quite a sensitive and litigous soul

Edited by Gibbster

gorgie rd eh11

And with that, the thread gets locked!

What's wrong with stating the scotsman has an abundance of hibs minded ****s. It reads like a hibs fanzine for a reason. In fact it could be mass hibsteria.

Dears Hibs supporter,

Take a bow!

yas!.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

What's wrong with stating the scotsman has an abundance of hibs minded ****s. It reads like a hibs fanzine for a reason. In fact it could be mass hibsteria.

I plead the 5th.

With all the threats of libel etc when it comes to peoples names being mentioned, can't Hearts do something about hibs.net and the accusations of being thieves?

Glamorgan Jambo

Alleged to be quite a sensitive and litigous soul

Not at all the guy I know

And with that, the thread gets locked!

I'd really really hope not.

• 4 years later...
Fxxx the SPFL

Aye going tits up no great loss to the hobbit news hope any jambos working for JP get jobs asap as far as Hobbits are concerned feck them.

8 hours ago, Mister Dee said:

They reaped what they have sown. 

The employees who have seen their pensions cut have certainly reaped something. Not so sure about the owners or executives. 

Lived in Edinburgh all my life, brought up in a house where the Scotsman and Evening News were delivered daily, a fundamental part of Edinburgh life.

Unbelievable that any Hearts fan would celebrate their current difficulties. Quite incredible. The Internet means we are continually exposed to casual, crass cruelty. Try kindness, and making the world a better place.

On 21/04/2014 at 19:00, JamboGraham said:

The letter just feels very dated..couldn't actually believe it was only published today.

The media have spent almost a decade mocking, attacking and criticising the level of financial mismanagement at Hearts. They also attacked our club, fairly, when the true debt situation and creditor list was revealed. So the media criticisism that the letter writer requests has already happened.

The story has now rightly moved on to it being about the supporters of the club who despite all of the mismanagement have managed to organise themselves in a manner that has allowed the club to be saved.

Two very different stories, the letter writer has clearly confused the two.

This is probably the rantings of a hibby 10 yrs ago the last throes of a dying newspaper ,if they had reporters who actually interpreted a real story they might not be about to go out of business,what happened to good old fashioned hacks who were not afraid to print the truth and didn't give a shit about anyone so long as the truth will out .They are probably sitting in front of computers saying to themselves "I wish I had wrote that story when I had the chance" well now their chances have gone no such thing as a decent journo anymore I have no sympathy for any of them

gorgie rd eh11

If I was a Scotsman employee i’d Be unhappy with the d***s who jumped on the “stand up and be counted” bandwagon alienating a large part of their customer base.

35 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Lived in Edinburgh all my life, brought up in a house where the Scotsman and Evening News were delivered daily, a fundamental part of Edinburgh life.

Unbelievable that any Hearts fan would celebrate their current difficulties. Quite incredible. The Internet means we are continually exposed to casual, crass cruelty. Try kindness, and making the world a better place.

They continually ignored a large part of their readership, with their unionist/anti-snp propaganda plus their pandering to the weegie bigots twins. Forgot their roots so hell mend them

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Strange bump.....but worth it.

Still reckon Greenginger worked for the paper.

Bajillions was sports editor, if i remeber correctly he was outed on here and JKB had to takendown eveidence and remove posts for legal reasons

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's always sad to see people potentially lose their jobs as they have families to support. 

I lived through an era where my job was threatened more than once and we had three young children to raise and it wasn't nice. 

Surely not any hobbits Jonno 

43 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They continually ignored a large part of their readership, with their unionist/anti-snp propaganda plus their pandering to the weegie bigots twins. Forgot their roots so hell mend them

It has become an evidence-free commonplace to aver that the Scotsman is unionist. Back in the real world, much of the actual Scotsman’s op-ed is anything but, and it has multiple ‘Sturgeon, indyref2’ headlines every week. But let not reality trouble us.

Brighton Jambo
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

How can not supporting independence be about forgetting their roots?  As long as that paper has existed Scotland has been part of the British Isles.  Clearly they don’t agree with you on independence and that’s your issue, nothing more.  

• davemclaren locked this topic