Dale Carrick

tartofmidlothian

Man of match for me. Ran hard; always pressured their defence; looked quicker and of course took his goal well.

I am stoked by these young laddies, regardless about going down, these boys have gained the type of experience it would've taken then 2-4 years to earn under normal circumstances. We got the makings of some real stars for the future, roll on season 2014-15, with

A fan owned HMFC running out resplendent in their commemorative strips. HHGH

Diadora Van Basten

Has given us a different dimension up front and has added goals to his game.

Hope he can keep it up for next season :2thumbsup:

Jambos_1874

It is astonishing that Carrick didn't get much of a chance in the first half of the season. I'm glad Locke is finally giving him a chance.

Had a lovely bit of skill on the main stand sideline in the first half to then set up Billy King (who should've shot)...

Never gives up and can finish well! Hopefully rattle them in in the championship.

Injured for last 10 mins (at least) as well, but didn't give up and ended up with a great goal.

Tyrion Lannister

Didn't always work out for him today, was getting it tough from those big ginger and Cameroonian huddies. Worked unbelievably hard though and didn't give up, delighted he got his goal.

My man of the match today

Some very intelligent play and never stopped running all day.

Topped of with a well taken goal.

:sweeet:

Didn't always work out for him today, was getting it tough from those big ginger and Cameroonian huddies. Worked unbelievably hard though and didn't give up, delighted he got his goal.

This. Really starting to look the part. Even when it isn't going for you you get your reward for hard work. Guid lad. Let's have another next week.

Really enjoying him play now - his movement, workrate and ability to bring others into the game have all greatly improved our side. Total pest for the defenders facing him too.

quincy adams wagstaff

Shhhhhh fat sally will come sniffing around although I doubt he could afford him,anyone know if we have him on a descent contract ?

Had a lovely bit of skill on the main stand sideline in the first half to then set up Billy King (who should've shot)...

Never gives up and can finish well! Hopefully rattle them in in the championship.

Excellent. Was right in front of us too.

What a celebration too.

Goldstone Wonder

I wasn't there today but I think this boy could score 20+ goals next season. He looks to me like the first natural goalscorer we've brought through for a very very long time.

Trying to think of one since Robbo. Crabbe? Who else? Struggling now.

Great potential and scores goals. What he needs is a partner as he took some hammering today, a big guy who can lay off to him, might work but he's done well with out one so far.

FarmerTweedy

It is astonishing that Carrick didn't get much of a chance in the first half of the season. I'm glad Locke is finally giving him a chance.

After the last derby, Locke said in an interview that Carrick and Nicholson had both been working really hard in the gym over the course of the season and had got much stronger, and were only now physically ready to compete and hold their own against first team opposition.

Was dead on his feet for last 10 but still managed a fantastic finish

Hope he just had cramp and not injured

After the last derby, Locke said in an interview that Carrick and Nicholson had both been working really hard in the gym over the course of the season and had got much stronger, and were only now physically ready to compete and hold their own against first team opposition.

This.... He is a very different player to the one that started the season.

Great to see him doing so well.

Shhhhhh fat sally will come sniffing around although I doubt he could afford him,anyone know if we have him on a descent contract ?

He was in one of the papers through the week saying we have an option for another year but he doesn't know if we'll take it up - assume that's to do with administration.

The lad has come on a ton. Looked far too lightweight earlier in the season and then got injured. Has come back much stronger and we must keep him for next year .

Well done Dale!

18Jambo_dave74

The guy must be an absolute pest to play against. He's always had the pace and movement but the improvement in his strength and hold up play has been huge. Delighted that he is now adding goals to his game.

Jambos_1874

This.... He is a very different player to the one that started the season.

Great to see him doing so well.

Is he really though? He was only making cameo appearances so it was very difficult to judge his performances in the first half of the season.

Watt-Zeefuik

Is he really though? He was only making cameo appearances so it was very difficult to judge his performances in the first half of the season.

He had a couple decent shifts as a sub early in the season. Had no presence in the box and was constantly getting overrun. For whatever reason, he looks twice as strong and far more confident than he did then.

Any news on his injury? He was limping quite a bit in the last 10 minutes but obviously couldn't come off as we had used all our subs (and were already a man down).

We'd feel his absence more than we will Hamill's next week, imo.

tartofmidlothian

Great potential and scores goals. What he needs is a partner as he took some hammering today, a big guy who can lay off to him, might work but he's done well with out one so far.

John Sutton?

:sob:

Just because I don't want to antagonise fate, I go into every match hoping Carrick will score another one rather than expecting it. I would love to know if he, personally, would say that Locke has helped his development. The guy is a class act and his form is really driving the team forward at the moment. If he keeps up his hard work then I see no reason why he can't be the first natural goal scoring striker we've had in how long?

Surprised he hasn't already been swept up by a vulture club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbo.....the man that has worked with him..!!!...the only genuine CF at the club ? also playing with other laddies that have come through youth teams have helped.

scott_jambo

Playing paterson up front for 3/4 of the season. :rofl: :rofl:

"Lockie" trying to drop carrick for mccallum at every opportunity. :rofl: :rofl:

This season is all about "ifs" and "buts".

"Lockie" trying to drop carrick for mccallum at every opportunity. :rofl: :rofl:

This has been my thinking after the past few games. The team that lost 5 in a row in December is unrecognisable to the one who is currently one of the form teams in the SPL, yet the reasons for this transformation are so simple: playing players in their natural positions; playing to our strengths; passing the ball on the deck.

You can definitely attribute some of our improvement to our players getting more used to the league and the pressures of top team football, but if we started the season with the philosophy we seemed to adopt towards the end of last month, then we'd have been well in with a shout.

The young guns are becoming loaded Dale did not give up as did the rest of the lads loved his celebration although he was knackered and it is so fab when we can sub a fab up coming player like Sam Nicholson for another David Smth so looking forward to next season ????? 1

I agree with you on this.

Young players get better because they get more used to playing in the first team or because Gary Locke claims he has pumped some muscle into them?

The fact Locke is even trying to take credit for it shows how desperate he is.

This has been my thinking after the past few games. The team that lost 5 in a row in December is unrecognisable to the one who is currently one of the form teams in the SPL, yet the reasons for this transformation are so simple: playing players in their natural positions; playing to our strengths; passing the ball on the deck.

You can definitely attribute some of our improvement to our players getting more used to the league and the pressures of top team football, but if we started the season with the philosophy we seemed to adopt towards the end of last month, then we'd have been well in with a shout.

Absolutely

The truth is Locke ignored our best players for most of the season - if he hadnt we wouldn't be relegated by now

Fact

:)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Absolutely

The truth is Locke ignored our best players for most of the season - if he hadnt we wouldn't be relegated by now

Fact

I think it would still have been borderline but we'd have given it a go at least.

Absolutely

Fact

Hmm...Carrick at start of season wasn't fast or strong enough. He is doing well now and I think a lot of that is down to fact he has worked hard in the gym and is reaping the benefits.

Locke has his faults but not playing Speedy until he was ready isn't one of them.

Tayside Jambo

How long has it been since we've had a striker who scores goals?

how long has it been since we've had a striker score 2 games in a row?

i think Carrick is the real deal. Usually a club brings through one maybe two players from their youth setup to the first team. Because of circumstances there are 4/5 lads who have made the leap.

tartofmidlothian

Carrick wasn't good enough or wasn't sure enough of his best position, and now he's both. That's it IMO.

Whether the change is down to Locke, Robbo, Brown or his own hard work, I don't think anyone has a clue.

Craig Herbertson

I've just seen the goal. Magnificent.

Just watched it on SPFL. Brilliant take from a pass that was slightly behind him and then shot it like a rifle bullet.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Just watched it on SPFL. Brilliant take from a pass that was slightly behind him and then shot it like a rifle bullet.

I think I'm right in saying he helped start the move as well. Great running.

Hmm...Carrick at start of season wasn't fast or strong enough. He is doing well now and I think a lot of that is down to fact he has worked hard in the gym and is reaping the benefits.

Locke has his faults but not playing Speedy until he was ready isn't one of them.

Disagree

Even last season when he came on at Anfield I thought he looked a good prospect.

If he had had a decent manager he'd have been physically improved over last summer and pushed to be our first choice striker from

the start.

Point is Locke clearly didnt see his potential earlier and now it is too late

Unknown user

None of us know what the coaching staff see day to day so it's hard to judge, but like everyone else I'm so impressed by the lad recently.

Of our young players he's the one I have the biggest soft spot for so far because of the gallus streak (along with McKay who's just got a dream of an attitude which will take him further than his talent would normally allow)

Disagree

Even last season when he came on at Anfield I thought he looked a good prospect.

If he had had a decent manager he'd have been physically improved over last summer and pushed to be our first choice striker from

the start.

Point is Locke clearly didnt see his potential earlier and now it is too late

Utter pish. Carrick had plenty chances and many on here, myself included, doubted he was good enough.

I was wrong.

The lad has worked hard after injury and has matured into a fine prospect who can use both pace and power.

He was probably thrown in too early not overlooked.

Archived