Jambos Kickback Appreciation Thread

Highlander

On the back of Mothy's thread about JKB being a place of solace through all the recent drama I got thinking about why I have a fondness for this forum.

Last year, I asked my brother-in-law if he would be up for going to see his beloved Arsenal as a Christmas present. He was extremely chuffed and we booked flights but the game we'd intended to head to, which we were able to secure tickets for, was rescheduled due to their reaching the Semi Final against Wigan.

So, having contacted a few forums and ticket offices who cited a requirement for previous booking histories and then selling out the Arsenal end, I took to JambosKickback as a last resort. A week later, without any prospect of securing tickets and a day before the game, I checked the JKB post having forgotten about it. A Hearts fan had come on saying he worked in Wigan, was going to the game and could get a hold of tickets.

Only a fellow Hearts fan would spend ?80 having never met another fan without any certainty he will show up, but that he did. My brother-in-law and I went to the game, got to see Wembley, sitting in the Wigan end where the penalties were taken and had a great time but not before having a pint with a quality Jambo and reminiscing about our favourite Hearts matches.

I suspect some other Jambos will have good Kickback stories, but this is mine... and it only took place last weekend.

Archived