Jump to content
Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

Recommended Posts

JamesM48
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

I watched it via Now TV - so as has been said, originally Sky Atlantic. Got a deal for Now TV & movies for £90 for 12 months. 

 

Murder Mountain was fascinating. The backstory was intriguing. The changes since it was legalised wasnt what the growers hoped for. 

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

 

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

 

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

 

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

Yes ! " weed sponsored by Starbucks" doesn't sound so enticing...I also think that cleaning it up etc and making it more " health and safety" probably diminishes it potency.  Yes it was great to see the original " hippie" community and how they all looked after each other. The murders were almost secondary to the plot but still very interesting .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
On 08/01/2019 at 23:28, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

Absolutely fantastic, had me gripped from the very start. 

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

 

Same. Blitzed 4 episodes yesterday after it was mentioned on here. Brilliant so far.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet

Escape at dannemora. 

 

Pedant alert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Escape at dannemora. 

 

Pedant alert. 

Quite correct, my mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

The Mrs started watching Living the dream. 2 episodes in and I'm hooked. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

True Detective S3 started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

True Detective S3 started. 

I hope it's better than series 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

You on Netflix. What starts of as some guy being obsessed with a lassie turns into something a bit more darker.  Really enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

 

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

True Detective 3.

The first two episodes were very good I thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Finally sat through Brexit: Civil War (I think it's called) it's on 4 On Demand anyway. Very good, Great humour throughout and Cumberbarch is as always very watchable and charismatic. Worth a watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

 

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Is it on Netflix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Is it on Netflix?

 

Doubt it. I caught it on Sky boxsets (it's on Sky Atlantic).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Doubt it. I caught it on Sky boxsets (it's on Sky Atlantic).

 

Perfect I should get it in that. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

 

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Yes it was a real shock.They were / are a real couple of scum bags and I think they basically took advantage of Joyce..I did wonder if she had some sort of disability or was just a randy git l and needy ol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny

Getting back into you better call Saul.

Now in series 4.

Young Sheldon also on my list.

Watched the first 4 of series one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy
On 15/01/2019 at 10:55, Dawnrazor said:

True Detective 3.

The first two episodes were very good I thought. 

Definitely this. Excellent performances from the leads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

 

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo

New series of The Grand Tour, Star Trek Discovery & The Punisher available from today. 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

 

I've watched the first few and it's not bad, expected just another teen superhero series, and it is that but also a bit more gritty than some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

 

Enjoyed it myself.

 

Decent, with sweary words to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

is that the one with robin/nightwing? if so i'm not sure about it. Also i dont know if the doom patrol series which they are spinning off (well at least planning to) from it will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozi
On 09/01/2019 at 02:03, Tazio said:

I've just discovered that season 13 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is on Netflix after reading last year that it wouldn't be shown. 

 

This makes me happy.

Still the funniest shows ever 

 

On 14/01/2019 at 17:45, Mauricio Pinilla said:

True Detective S3 started. 

I am hesitant because season 1 was incredible and the second was so so poor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Working my way through this series of The Punisher on Netflix. Slower paced than the first season but still good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Working my way through this series of The Punisher on Netflix. Slower paced than the first season but still good.

Without giving anything away there’s a fight with some Russians. 

Christ but it’s brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
On 16/01/2019 at 22:39, luckyBatistuta said:

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

 

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

 

Animal kingdom is ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

 

Animal kingdom is ace

 

Loving it bud, halfway through season 3. There better be a season 4, as I’ll be gutted if there’s not.

 

 

Btw, careful what you say, not wanting you spoiling anything for me...not that you would :D

 

Pope is my favourite character so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andrewhenry

Might have already been said, not read through the whole thread but the US Office 

 

Nothing in my opinion comes close to even matching it, I can re watch that any time and still doesn't get old 

 

Best show out there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
On 24/01/2019 at 14:36, Ibiza Jambo said:

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

 

 

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

 

I'd recommend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

 

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

 

Just finished the box set on I-player. Very enjoyable with a few laugh out loud moments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” this morning. Very strange family and their neighbour was mental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

 

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

 

Cheers buddy, think I’ll go for Bosch first after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

 

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

 

The Night Manager is very very good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

 

The Night Manager is very very good

 

You seen Bosch?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
24 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

You seen Bosch?

 

No, it’s on my next list tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No, it’s on my next list tho. 

 

‘Thought you were going to decide between them, Bosch it is then:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” this morning. Very strange family and their neighbour was mental. 

Watched it tonight and I note there has been a lot of criticism of the parents and their role. Yes they didn't keep their daughter safe and seemed more concerned about their  affairs being aired in public than protecting their daughter , but the guy was an arch manipulator and duped them easily.  Its easy to condemn them but it was  the 1970s and sadly people were less knowledgeable about the insidious nature of grooming. He was a very sophisticated groomer.  I couldn't believe how he manipulated the girl into thinking that aliens would destroy her family etc.  He was that " smart" ( probably not the best word) . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

 

I'd recommend it.

I thought the Bundy Tapes were excellent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

 

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

 

The Night Manager is good. Worth a watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet

It's in Italian but it certainly whets the appetite. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...