Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

JamesM48
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I watched it via Now TV - so as has been said, originally Sky Atlantic. Got a deal for Now TV & movies for £90 for 12 months. 

Murder Mountain was fascinating. The backstory was intriguing. The changes since it was legalised wasnt what the growers hoped for. 

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

Carl Fredrickson
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

JamesM48
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

Yes ! " weed sponsored by Starbucks" doesn't sound so enticing...I also think that cleaning it up etc and making it more " health and safety" probably diminishes it potency.  Yes it was great to see the original " hippie" community and how they all looked after each other. The murders were almost secondary to the plot but still very interesting .  

JamesM48
On 08/01/2019 at 23:28, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

Absolutely fantastic, had me gripped from the very start. 

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

Ray Gin
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

Same. Blitzed 4 episodes yesterday after it was mentioned on here. Brilliant so far.

Dino Velvet

Escape at dannemora. 

Pedant alert. 

Dawnrazor
2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Escape at dannemora. 

Pedant alert. 

Quite correct, my mistake. 

ri Alban

The Mrs started watching Living the dream. 2 episodes in and I'm hooked. :D

Mauricio Pinilla

True Detective S3 started. 

Dawnrazor
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I hope it's better than series 2.

JamesM48

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

Carl Fredrickson

You on Netflix. What starts of as some guy being obsessed with a lassie turns into something a bit more darker.  Really enjoyed it.

Ray Gin
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Dawnrazor

True Detective 3.

The first two episodes were very good I thought. 

rudi must stay

Finally sat through Brexit: Civil War (I think it's called) it's on 4 On Demand anyway. Very good, Great humour throughout and Cumberbarch is as always very watchable and charismatic. Worth a watch 

Ron Burgundy
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Is it on Netflix?

Ray Gin
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Is it on Netflix?

Doubt it. I caught it on Sky boxsets (it's on Sky Atlantic).

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Doubt it. I caught it on Sky boxsets (it's on Sky Atlantic).

Perfect I should get it in that. Cheers

JamesM48
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes it was a real shock.They were / are a real couple of scum bags and I think they basically took advantage of Joyce..I did wonder if she had some sort of disability or was just a randy git l and needy ol

benny

Getting back into you better call Saul.

Now in series 4.

Young Sheldon also on my list.

Watched the first 4 of series one.

Muppetboy
On 15/01/2019 at 10:55, Dawnrazor said:

True Detective 3.

The first two episodes were very good I thought. 

Definitely this. Excellent performances from the leads

luckyBatistuta

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

North Berwick Jambo

New series of The Grand Tour, Star Trek Discovery & The Punisher available from today. 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

Tazio

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

PortyJambo
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've watched the first few and it's not bad, expected just another teen superhero series, and it is that but also a bit more gritty than some.

...a bit disco
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Enjoyed it myself.

Decent, with sweary words to boot.

milky_26
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

is that the one with robin/nightwing? if so i'm not sure about it. Also i dont know if the doom patrol series which they are spinning off (well at least planning to) from it will work

Bozi
On 09/01/2019 at 02:03, Tazio said:

I've just discovered that season 13 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is on Netflix after reading last year that it wouldn't be shown. 

This makes me happy.

Still the funniest shows ever 

On 14/01/2019 at 17:45, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I am hesitant because season 1 was incredible and the second was so so poor

Tazio

Working my way through this series of The Punisher on Netflix. Slower paced than the first season but still good.

Tazio
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Working my way through this series of The Punisher on Netflix. Slower paced than the first season but still good.

Without giving anything away there’s a fight with some Russians. 

Christ but it’s brutal. 

North Berwick Jambo

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

1971fozzy

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

1971fozzy
On 16/01/2019 at 22:39, luckyBatistuta said:

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

Animal kingdom is ace

luckyBatistuta

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Animal kingdom is ace

Loving it bud, halfway through season 3. There better be a season 4, as I’ll be gutted if there’s not.

Btw, careful what you say, not wanting you spoiling anything for me...not that you would :D

Pope is my favourite character so far.

andrewhenry

Might have already been said, not read through the whole thread but the US Office 

Nothing in my opinion comes close to even matching it, I can re watch that any time and still doesn't get old 

Best show out there 

scott herbertson
On 24/01/2019 at 14:36, Ibiza Jambo said:

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

I'd recommend it.

luckyBatistuta

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

Just finished the box set on I-player. Very enjoyable with a few laugh out loud moments. 

Carl Fredrickson

Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” this morning. Very strange family and their neighbour was mental. 

milky_26
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

Cheers buddy, think I’ll go for Bosch first after that.

1971fozzy
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

The Night Manager is very very good

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The Night Manager is very very good

You seen Bosch?

1971fozzy
24 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You seen Bosch?

No, it’s on my next list tho. 

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No, it’s on my next list tho. 

‘Thought you were going to decide between them, Bosch it is then:thumb:

JamesM48
3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” this morning. Very strange family and their neighbour was mental. 

Watched it tonight and I note there has been a lot of criticism of the parents and their role. Yes they didn't keep their daughter safe and seemed more concerned about their  affairs being aired in public than protecting their daughter , but the guy was an arch manipulator and duped them easily.  Its easy to condemn them but it was  the 1970s and sadly people were less knowledgeable about the insidious nature of grooming. He was a very sophisticated groomer.  I couldn't believe how he manipulated the girl into thinking that aliens would destroy her family etc.  He was that " smart" ( probably not the best word) . 

JamesM48
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

I'd recommend it.

I thought the Bundy Tapes were excellent.  

Ray Gin
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

The Night Manager is good. Worth a watch.

Dino Velvet

It's in Italian but it certainly whets the appetite.