Jump to content

Recommend a tv seriesp


Walter Bishop

Recommended Posts

1971fozzy
15 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Really enjoying Midnight Mass, very atmospheric.


it’s superb. Only watched 3 episodes but has me hooked. Very good indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JamesM48

    393

  • Carl Fredrickson

    299

  • Tazio

    285

  • Ray Gin

    261

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
On 03/10/2021 at 20:56, Tazio said:

I’m enjoying Ted being in it more this season.  

 

Love Ted

 

 

th-3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Maid  on Netflix.  Superb stuff 9/10

It’s about a single mum (played brilliantly by Margaret Qually) who turns to housecleaning to make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2021 at 10:21, 1971fozzy said:

Maid  on Netflix.  Superb stuff 9/10

It’s about a single mum (played brilliantly by Margaret Qually) who turns to housecleaning to make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter

When her boyfriend gave her car back to the other would be love interest I shouted at the telly. 🤬

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo

The brilliant Succession Is back tonight in the U.S. at least. Not quite sure if they still own Hearts at this point :laugh:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2021 at 20:26, GinRummy said:

When her boyfriend gave her car back to the other would be love interest I shouted at the telly. 🤬


yeah there was a few moments like that. I was surprised at how this series affected me. Very sad 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started on “ squid game “ devoured 3 episodes last night . It’s excellent . Gonna finish it next couple nights I think ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I know succession has the mighty Hearts in it. But is it worth the watch, folks?

 

I would say a resounding YES. Brian Cox is great in it and it is good to watch a show where you can dislike all the main characters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

I would say a resounding YES. Brian Cox is great in it and it is good to watch a show where you can dislike all the main characters.

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I know succession has the mighty Hearts in it. But is it worth the watch, folks?

I think you need to properly concentrate on it. My mind tends to wander when I don’t immediately get gripped by something. Started it twice and struggled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think you need to properly concentrate on it. My mind tends to wander when I don’t immediately get gripped by something. Started it twice and struggled. 


Watching Succession second time around I'm really enjoying the storylines. It's quite complex but there is an overall story arc and each character has a quite distinct role around that arc. On top of that the writing is excellent and as darkly comic as The Thick of It. Just remember that any time that Logan Roy is a ***** he is, at heart, a Hibee 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RobboM said:


Watching Succession second time around I'm really enjoying the storylines. It's quite complex but there is an overall story arc and each character has a quite distinct role around that arc. On top of that the writing is excellent and as darkly comic as The Thick of It. Just remember that any time that Logan Roy is a ***** he is, at heart, a Hibee 😁

😀 cheers. I will go back to it. I’m very easily distracted so will need to pick my moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
5 hours ago, RobboM said:


Watching Succession second time around I'm really enjoying the storylines. It's quite complex but there is an overall story arc and each character has a quite distinct role around that arc. On top of that the writing is excellent and as darkly comic as The Thick of It. Just remember that any time that Logan Roy is a ***** he is, at heart, a Hibee 😁


Our re-watch just got us to ‘boar on the floor’.  Amazing stuff. I agree that viewing requires considerable concentration. The show just gets better and better even though I hate everyone in it. Hibs @$&*#%s

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Four Hours at the Capitol" is well worth a watch. It's a documentary not a series I know but shows the siege of the Capitol building in DC early this year when thousands of right wing nutcases stormed the USA seat of power. Ten times more scary than any of the footage we were subjected to at the time. Makes you wonder why the true scale of this assault on democracy was kept from the public. You'll find it on BBC Iplayer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
16 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

"Four Hours at the Capitol" is well worth a watch. It's a documentary not a series I know but shows the siege of the Capitol building in DC early this year when thousands of right wing nutcases stormed the USA seat of power. Ten times more scary than any of the footage we were subjected to at the time. Makes you wonder why the true scale of this assault on democracy was kept from the public. You'll find it on BBC Iplayer.

 

I watched it yesterday - the scenes at the tunnel were like something from Lord of the Rings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the rest of " Squid game"  What an excellent series.  Stunning really.So well acted and a great twist and turns plot.  A great illustration about how people can be so greedy and sadly desperate for money too. Some heart breaking back stories to the characters too. I thought the " marbles" episode was one of the best 1 hours of tv ive ever seen.  It had everything condensed into an hour but felt an hour was enough.  The pairings were brilliant stories  .Each and every one of them .  

Spoiler

In particular the two young woman. Their relationship was beautifully explored from initially being very defensive to becoming quite attached to each other at the end and sharing their personal hopes and aspirations. Terrific. 

 

IM guessing there will be a series 2 . I think that the police guy probably survived the fall into the sea so he may reappear too 

10/10 from me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage Vince
On 03/10/2021 at 22:23, Tazio said:

Bob Mortimer talks in his autobiography about how they filmed the first episode and tried to plan it out beforehand. It was rubbish so the director just told them to sit and chat and they would edit it to keep the good bits and dump the rest and they’ve done it the same way ever since. And it works. 

 

Bob Mortimer should be a recognised national treasure IMHO and Paul Whitehouse should be recognised as one of the finest actors this country has ever produced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
On 16/10/2021 at 10:21, 1971fozzy said:

Maid  on Netflix.  Superb stuff 9/10

It’s about a single mum (played brilliantly by Margaret Qually) who turns to housecleaning to make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter

 

Just finished it earlier today. Fantastic show and quite emotional at times

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2021 at 17:57, JamesM48 said:

I finished the rest of " Squid game"  What an excellent series.  Stunning really.So well acted and a great twist and turns plot.  A great illustration about how people can be so greedy and sadly desperate for money too. Some heart breaking back stories to the characters too. I thought the " marbles" episode was one of the best 1 hours of tv ive ever seen.  It had everything condensed into an hour but felt an hour was enough.  The pairings were brilliant stories  .Each and every one of them .  

  Reveal hidden contents

In particular the two young woman. Their relationship was beautifully explored from initially being very defensive to becoming quite attached to each other at the end and sharing their personal hopes and aspirations. Terrific. 

 

IM guessing there will be a series 2 . I think that the police guy probably survived the fall into the sea so he may reappear too 

10/10 from me. 

Loving it. Absolutely 10/10. 👍

 

I watched the marbles one last night. Spent a good bit of time seething that no one played a 'proper' game of marbles. 😄  I really hope they make more, but if they do I'd imagine it'll be a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Loving it. Absolutely 10/10. 👍

 

I watched the marbles one last night. Spent a good bit of time seething that no one played a 'proper' game of marbles. 😄  I really hope they make more, but if they do I'd imagine it'll be a while. 

Yes it a very high standard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first episode of the new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Brilliant.

11 seasons of high standards.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...