Who decides the venue?

EH11_2NL

And why is it at the start of the season? The UEFA cup and Champion's League finals are 2 perfect examples of why decisions should be left until AFTER the teams have made it into the final. If the Rangers game is in Manchester then why not switch it to Old Trafford where you can get another 30,000 people in. Surely better switching it to Rotterdam or somewhere in between for easy access for BOTH sets of fans. And the Champion's League game would be much better switching to Wembley or Cardiff where the fans can at least get to see it without ridiculous travel problems. Not an issue for the bigwigs of course with their 1st class travel.

When we get to the Champion's League final (as promised by our owner) here's hoping it isn't in Moscow or some far flung corner of the Empire.

Is decided couple years in advance.

Real Madrids ground (cant spell it) has just been chosen for 2010, and Im booked already for our appearance there!!!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
And why is it at the start of the season? The UEFA cup and Champion's League finals are 2 perfect examples of why decisions should be left until AFTER the teams have made it into the final. If the Rangers game is in Manchester then why not switch it to Old Trafford where you can get another 30,000 people in. Surely better switching it to Rotterdam or somewhere in between for easy access for BOTH sets of fans. And the Champion's League game would be much better switching to Wembley or Cardiff where the fans can at least get to see it without ridiculous travel problems. Not an issue for the bigwigs of course with their 1st class travel.

When we get to the Champion's League final (as promised by our owner) here's hoping it isn't in Moscow or some far flung corner of the Empire.

I believe that Stadiums have to be off a 5 star standard to hold a Champions League final, but only 4 star to hold a UEFA Cup final.

As to why it hasn't been moved - the same could get said of every final, as there is always a huge demand for tickets.

rossi_1983

Juve and Milan had to play at Old Trafford

It is decided so far in advance, and there are so many shock results, the way they have it now is the fairest

If they changed it at 2 weeks notice, it would be an even bigger logistical nightmare, as it wouldn't just be the 40,000 fans of both teams making last minute arrangements, but the whole 70,000 or however many fans go in total

Doctor FinnBarr

I,m certain they used to be able to change it when the finalists were known in the old EC and everyone still managed to get there! And all this in the days before the Internet.:jambobanana:

hmfc_liam06

yep its not like its a simple case of saying "you can host it but you have 2 weeks to organise everything" it just wouldnt work. its european football therefore the fans should have no gripe about where in europe the final is, certainly if your team name is sporting lisbon!!

alwaysthereinspirit

Real Madrids ground (cant spell it) has just been chosen for 2010, and Im booked already for our appearance there!!!

2010 is the last year of Mad Vlads 5 year plan. Heads up play by you. Wonder who we'll be playing in the final.

I,m certain they used to be able to change it when the finalists were known in the old EC and everyone still managed to get there! And all this in the days before the Internet.:jambobanana:

Roma @ home 84? Liverpool Vs Juve 85 @ a death trap. They done a good job of changing those.

Santiago Bernab?u

Santiago Bernab?u

Cheers, why can foreign teams not have nice cimple names like Tynecastle etc!!

Be much easier for idiots like me

happy jambo

There was no logistical problem moving the game to Old Trafford , 1) Game in Manchester 2) 30,000 extra briefs straight to Ibrox (from what I understand the tickets for the game were printed the day after the semi final so surely Platini & his hangers on could have met & looked @ this situation & moved it to Old Trafford )

4) The extra 30,000 tickets would have ment at most only 2 fanzones required in the city !

5) Im sorry to say this but ive been following football now for over 30yrs and I just new there would be trouble down there Rangers & Celtic have a large element of undesirables who follow them as we all know .

5) Im sorry to say this but ive been following football now for over 30yrs and I just new there would be trouble down there Rangers & Celtic have a large element of undesirables who follow them as we all know .

I think that if it had been us there last night and the screen broke, we would have an element of undesirable fans who would have started trouble as well.

IMO the vast majority f Rangers fans will have behaved and it will be a minority who spoil it for the rest of us.

I was planning on going down with Rangers fans, but couldn't afford it just now, but even after the incidents still wish I was there for the atmosphere.

happy jambo

Point taken , but we have a lot less , I remember in Prague in the Square a few numpties starting throwing empty bottles into the crowd , they were quickly pointed out & dealt with by the Hearts fans . This could have happened last night (self policing Tartan Army famous for it )

The point was the game could & should have been moved to Old Trafford as I said 30.000 less fans on the streets .

MackaysCentreSpot
Point taken , but we have a lot less , I remember in Prague in the Square a few numpties starting throwing empty bottles into the crowd , they were quickly pointed out & dealt with by the Hearts fans . This could have happened last night (self policing Tartan Army famous for it )

The point was the game could & should have been moved to Old Trafford as I said 30.000 less fans on the streets .

Must have been more than that. Rangers site quoting that there were up to 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester.

Aye right.

Ryan Gosling
Must have been more than that. Rangers site quoting that there were up to 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester.

Aye right.

Rangers have stolen the Seville calculator.

Aye right.

How could it have been more than 30,000

OT holds 30,000 more then CMS, hence 30,000 less fans on the street!

Basic maths MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot
Rangers have stolen the Seville calculator.

Very true.

How could it have been more than 30,000

OT holds 30,000 more then CMS, hence 30,000 less fans on the street!

Basic maths MackaysCentreSpot

Mmmmmmmmmmm..............Whats maths, I did not even pass Arithmetic. :wacko:

Does anyone else remember when you got Arithmetic at high school?

The way it should work is, at the start of the season 4 grounds are put forward to be hosts. Each in different areas of Europe.

So say they had,

London

Berlin

Roma

Moscow

and the final is Barcelona v Bayern Munich, the most sensible option would be to move it Roma.

Or even if they had two venues decided upon at say the Quarter final stage. It would be possible.

Alternatively they could just build a massive stadium, similar to the one in the Champions League advert in the centre of Europe. It could be used to hold all UEFA domestic finals - perhaps even Semi-finals. Also it could be used for International challenge matches, concerts etc etc.

The way it should work is, at the start of the season 4 grounds are put forward to be hosts. Each in different areas of Europe.

So say they had,

London

Berlin

Roma

Moscow

and the final is Barcelona v Bayern Munich, the most sensible option would be to move it Roma.

Or even if they had two venues decided upon at say the Quarter final stage. It would be possible.

Alternatively they could just build a massive stadium, similar to the one in the Champions League advert in the centre of Europe. It could be used to hold all UEFA domestic finals - perhaps even Semi-finals. Also it could be used for International challenge matches, concerts etc etc.

Damn good idea.

Doctor FinnBarr
Roma @ home 84? Liverpool Vs Juve 85 @ a death trap. They done a good job of changing those.

I stand corrected, I,m at a bad age you know!

:confused:

I think wednesday's farce sums it up!

What city could be prepared for that kind of carry on at about two weeks notice.

Aye right.

An all of them season ticket holders no doubt.

Why is it that every hun supporter you meet is a season ticket holder but can never get to the games, and gives the tickets to his mates? I'll bet we all have a neighbour who fits that description.

Strange you never, ever meet the mates.

Archived