Betting on Rangers V Zenit

Era Macaroons

Era Macaroons

Cant see this being anything else but a draw 15/8 in 90 mins

with a funny feeling Rangers will go on to win it

thoughts?

Zenit have been scoring for fun against better sides than Rangers. I predict they will win comfortably.

Say What Again
Cant see this being anything else but a draw 15/8 in 90 mins

with a funny feeling Rangers will go on to win it

thoughts?

I hope it isn't.

I've got a whack on Zenit at 11/10 and a slighter smaller whack on Zenit -1 at 7/2

Prince Buaben

Arshavin to score first and Zenit to win 2-0 35/1

tommythejambo
Zenit have been scoring for fun against better sides than Rangers. I predict they will win comfortably.

They haven't been playing against 2 solid banks of four though.

I fancy the draw, with the Currant Buns to take it on pens.

Era Macaroons

Just that Rangers have been sp strong in defence (in Europe) that I think they will continue this.

zenit werent scoring for fun when in the group stages with just one win, 7 points behind Everton and 4 behind Fiorentina.

then did well as underdogs in rest of games, with freak result v Munich, can they handle being favourites? with the atdium full of wej

Era Macaroons
They haven't been playing against 2 solid banks of four though.

I fancy the draw, with the Currant Buns to take it on pens.

my point exactly.

I just think (and hope) tonight is a step too far for Rangers. They have been so jammy in Europe that their luck has to run out sometime.

I heard it is 28/1 for Rangers to win on penalties though.

stella_jambo
I just think (and hope) tonight is a step too far for Rangers. They have been so jammy in Europe that their luck has to run out sometime.

I heard it is 28/1 for Rangers to win on penalties though.

maybe on betfair - its 10/1 at ladbrokes

tommythejambo

Down to 8-1 now.

Hmmm, I dunno where my mate saw this, I think he must have been on the sauce or something. It's only 9/1 on william hills.

This bet is a bit more interesting, Rangers to win final without scoring a goal during 120 minutes of play: 18/1 (william hill)

rossi_1983

Zenit now available at 2.42 on betfair, and looking like drifting further :eek:

I thought 2.32 was as good as I would get :mad:

The Old Tolbooth
Just that Rangers have been sp strong in defence (in Europe) that I think they will continue this.

zenit werent scoring for fun when in the group stages with just one win, 7 points behind Everton and 4 behind Fiorentina.

then did well as underdogs in rest of games, with freak result v Munich, can they handle being favourites? with the atdium full of wej

I think people have forgotten that Zenit's season has not long since started, when they played in the group stages they were cold and out of shape, now they have a few games behind them they will strip much fitter.

a 4-0 win over Bayern is brilliant form in anyones eyes, and had Rangers done that in the semi, I'd have them down as favourites.

All it takes is for one of the many chances that Zenit will create to go in, and all of a sudden Rangers need to open up and come forward, which will play right into the Russians hands, although they are missing their best player which could seriously hinder them.

My prediction is 2-1 Zenit.

Era Macaroons
9/1 on Corals.

just stuck a pound that theres no corners - 200/1!!!

whats the odd on there being 4? ;)

sorry terrible joke

tommythejambo
I think people have forgotten that Zenit's season has not long since started, when they played in the group stages they were cold and out of shape, now they have a few games behind them they will strip much fitter.

a 4-0 win over Bayern is brilliant form in anyones eyes, and had Rangers done that in the semi, I'd have them down as favourites.

All it takes is for one of the many chances that Zenit will create to go in, and all of a sudden Rangers need to open up and come forward, which will play right into the Russians hands, although they are missing their best player which could seriously hinder them.

Rangers won't score in normal time, probably not extra time either.

I'm going for 1-0 Zenit.

tommythejambo
9/1 on Corals.

just stuck a pound that theres no corners - 200/1!!!

I think there will be shed loads of corners.

Era Macaroons

good point re early in season during group stages

The Bayern result certainly points to good form but the hard work was surely done in the 1st leg in this tie 1-1 in Munich...early goal at home in Russia and hey presto they are through.

I was at a Bayern home game a few weeks prior to this and they won easily with a very ordinary performance, i.e. German football is keek at club level.

With their goalden boy missing/rangers defensive attitude i still think it points to a draw...or even a late win for Rangers

Era Macaroons
Ive got a ton on Zenit at 13/10 and a 10er on 2-0 Zenit at 9/1.

oh no....and youve got 'form' !

still gonna take the draw tho

The Old Tolbooth

I'm scared to back against der hun because every time I do, they fluke a result!

Romanov Stole My Pension

I've got ?25 on 7/5 for Zenit to win.

Also got a bet on with my Hun mate for a crate of tennets.

MON THE ZENIT

Romanov Stole My Pension

Just seen on betfair that it's 21/1 for either team to score 4 or more goals. I reckon Zenit will thump them tonight, might put a wee fiver on that

rossi_1983
although they are missing their best player which could seriously hinder them.

The rest of your post was very good, but Pogrebnyak is only their second best player

The real star is Arshavin, who was missing from the return leg against Bayern :eek:

Available at 8/1 first goalscorer too, so had a bit of that each way!

Pogrebnyak is excellent, and is very powerful, but I think that would play into Weir and Cuellar's hands. Arshavin has so much pace I think he will destroy Weir

The Old Tolbooth
The rest of your post was very good, but Pogrebnyak is only their second best player

The real star is Arshavin, who was missing from the return leg against Bayern :eek:

Available at 8/1 first goalscorer too, so had a bit of that each way!

Pogrebnyak is excellent, and is very powerful, but I think that would play into Weir and Cuellar's hands. Arshavin has so much pace I think he will destroy Weir

I didn't realise that, I honestly thought that Pogrebnyak was their best player, I'm sure the commentator on their semi stated it when he received a booking so I just believed him :wacko:

The guy pobwhatshiname has scored 11 goals in the eufa cup

He is suspended

I went for the boy domiguez at 8 and rangers to in on pens at 15/2

oh no....and youve got 'form' !

still gonna take the draw tho

My 'form' very rarely stretches to 2 wins in a row though mate.

Hopefully that changes tonight though. Watching these hun barstewards on the news the now is making this the bet ive wanted to win the most in my life.

Absolute filth!

rossi_1983
I didn't realise that, I honestly thought that Pogrebnyak was their best player, I'm sure the commentator on their semi stated it when he received a booking so I just believed him :wacko:

Don't get me wrong Pogrebnyak is excellent, but he has only been at Zenit for a year and has only 7 Russian caps

Arshavin is 2 years older, but has 33 Russian caps (averages 1 goal in 3 which is pretty good at international level for an attacking midfielder/second striker). Has also been linked with Chelsea etc, after he was motm against England

I think Arshavin is being overlooked because Pogrebnyak has been in excellent form in the UEFA cup, but Arshavin is the real star. He only has 1 goal so far in the Uefa, but has several assists

rossi_1983
I'm on Draw HT - Draw FT @ fives

Don't ind if the first half of that is right!

I'm on Draw ht, Zenit ft at 5/1, as I think it will take a while to break down Rangers defence

Say What Again
Ive got a free ?1 bet with willhill so I mite back 4-0 zenit 66/1.

I really, really, hope you're ?67 up in a few hours :)

tried to put ?100 on under 2.5 on betfair!!! but there site is down :mad: cost me ?50 by the looks of it !!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Don't ind if the first half of that is right!

I'm on Draw ht, Zenit ft at 5/1, as I think it will take a while to break down Rangers defence

One of us are going to win.

More likely that it will be you though. :sad:

rossi_1983
One of us are going to win.

More likely that it will be you though. :sad:

Hope so :P

Rangers defence isn't looking as solid as it did in previous rounds, so I think Zenit will still win

Say What Again
Hope so :P

Rangers defence isn't looking as solid as it did in previous rounds, so I think Zenit will still win

Nothing against AP but I hope it's you as well rossi - I need a Zenit win in 90 mins

rossi_1983

Bloody Arshavin getting his shot cleared off the line after skinning Alexander :mad:

I guess I shouldn't be too harsh on him though after turning on the style in the 2nd half to inspire Zenit :dribble:

:);):P:dribble::pray::rofl::nuts::teu35::Hearts Man dance::fing25:

billyboy38

Stick some of your winnings on Man Utd and 2-0 Champions League

Nice win , i had 3-0 and just missed out:p

Good work

I have to do with a meagre 140 profit ;)

I woulnae wipe ma erse wae 140 quid.:movethatass::th_wink1::sarcasm::thumb:

Well done mate.

rossi_1983
Stick some of your winnings on Man Utd and 2-0 Champions League

Nice win , i had 3-0 and just missed out:p

I actually strongly fancy Chelsea to win, as I think they will be even more fired up after losing the league

Archived