Are we the softest fans?

jamief9

Are we too soft? O.k for the last five years I have been living down south and due to this fact I have averaged about six or seven Hearts games a season over the past five years. Prior to my relocation I was a season ticket holder ever since my auld man took me to my first game in 86. I am deeply passionate about HMFC and am proud to call myself a Jambo.

For the past five years I have held an Everton season ticket as all my mates down here are Blues and they got me in to it. They all now consider Hearts to be their Scottish team and have been up for a few games including the Scottish Cup semi and final.

I obviously keep them informed about current events at Tynie and they cannot for the life of them understand why nothing is being done about it! As you may or may not know Everton are currently in discussions about moving to Kirby, which is actually just outside Liverpool (which would leave Liverpool as technically the only team from Liverpool). The Everton support are split as to whether or not to move- some recognise the economic benefits of a new state of the art stadium which would be paid for by Tesco as part of a joint venture. Others are angry about the prospect of moving out of the city.

Now to my point, the fans that felt strongly against this motion turned up to the training ground and protested. They then waited outside the ground and confronted Kenwright (chairman) about his plans, they still continue to support the team but have flags, t-shirt etc with slogans like ?keep our Blues in the city?.

Now I know it?s hard to draw parallels between Hearts and Everton as there are many differences that I am sure some of you will point out. However, this is not my point, my point is that they were not happy about something and they acted on it! As a result they got a meeting with the chairman and there are currently positive open lines of communication between the fans and the club.

Are we going to continue to sit back and accept the fact that Romanov is killing HMFC? Or are we going to sit and wait for us to become the next Gretna, thoughts please????.

Nelly Terraces

The Hearts support has changed dramatically in the last 15/20 years in my opinion. The lack of action, or willingness to do anything, under the current circumstances, is amazing. I hear people saying 'don't boo the team' etc, and there's been numerous threads on here from people attacking anyone who dares even question the players or management. These people should really take time to go to other football clubs and see the levels of patience afforded to other sides from their fans. They'd be in for a shock. Just a couple've examples, Stoke City have just been promoted, in a season beyond their wildest dreams, yet a few weeks ago they were roundly booed off their own pitch after dropping points at home. Also, Derby on Saturday, nobody could ever say they don't have a large, and passionate, support, they deserve a medal for turning out in the numbers in what has been a nightmare season for them, on Saturday they were loudly giving the players it right with 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'. And quite rightly. They have had enough, even the manager agreed with them (take note Frail). Look at Mansfield, the dodgy chairman there, attacked in the directors lounge at their last home game, and having to be saved by the police from a beating at an away.

Maybe things are changing in football, and people are more tolerant of displays of ineptitude and lazyness, but I remember going to Tynie and there would regulary be massive chants of 'What a load of rubbish' and slow handclapping when the team wasn't performing. Nowadays, people people would have a go at you for such asctions as you may hurt the overpaid players who couldn't care less and about any of us ickle lickle feelings, the poor wee loves.

Quite simply, a large part of the Hearts support is just wet. It's now getting what it deserves.

Are we too soft? O.k for the last five years I have been living down south and due to this fact I have averaged about six or seven Hearts games a season over the past five years. Prior to my relocation I was a season ticket holder ever since my auld man took me to my first game in 86. I am deeply passionate about HMFC and am proud to call myself a Jambo.

For the past five years I have held an Everton season ticket as all my mates down here are Blues and they got me in to it. They all now consider Hearts to be their Scottish team and have been up for a few games including the Scottish Cup semi and final.

I obviously keep them informed about current events at Tynie and they cannot for the life of them understand why nothing is being done about it! As you may or may not know Everton are currently in discussions about moving to Kirby, which is actually just outside Liverpool (which would leave Liverpool as technically the only team from Liverpool). The Everton support are split as to whether or not to move- some recognise the economic benefits of a new state of the art stadium which would be paid for by Tesco as part of a joint venture. Others are angry about the prospect of moving out of the city.

Now to my point, the fans that felt strongly against this motion turned up to the training ground and protested. They then waited outside the ground and confronted Kenwright (chairman) about his plans, they still continue to support the team but have flags, t-shirt etc with slogans like ?keep our Blues in the city?.

Now I know it?s hard to draw parallels between Hearts and Everton as there are many differences that I am sure some of you will point out. However, this is not my point, my point is that they were not happy about something and they acted on it! As a result they got a meeting with the chairman and there are currently positive open lines of communication between the fans and the club.

Are we going to continue to sit back and accept the fact that Romanov is killing HMFC? Or are we going to sit and wait for us to become the next Gretna, thoughts please????.

Some interesting points made.

Personally, I don't think Romanov is killing Hearts, but can understand those that feel like that. Yet, barring the last couple of games, we have still been getting great crowds - that probably vindicates Romanov in his own eyes, if he actually cares.

I think the two main reasons there is no mobilised movement against him are:

A) Many people, like me, are not necessarily wanting Romanov out, they just want him to run Hearts like a normal club. Kickback is not necessarily representative of the Hearts support at large.

B) Those who are against him don't have one particular issue to focus on. With Robinson, it was the proposed stadium sale. With Romanov, he sends out many conflicting messages, and does so many seemingly random things - some good, some bad, some ridiculously bad. In cases like Robinson, you can rally the masses against simple acts of mismanagement. In the case of Romanov, it is very difficult to reason with a mad man.

They were not happy about something and they acted on it! As a result they got a meeting with the chairman and there are currently positive open lines of communication between the fans and the club.

Whilst I appreciate the point you're making, we can safely assume Bill Kenwright is somewhat less of a ****** than VR.

Also, I assume Kenwright is chairman and not majority shareholder.

The Hearts support has changed dramatically in the last 15/20 years in my opinion. The lack of action, or willingness to do anything, under the current circumstances, is amazing. I hear people saying 'don't boo the team' etc, and there's been numerous threads on here from people attacking anyone who dares even question the players or management. These people should really take time to go to other football clubs and see the levels of patience afforded to other sides from their fans. They'd be in for a shock. Just a couple've examples, Stoke City have just been promoted, in a season beyond their wildest dreams, yet a few weeks ago they were roundly booed off their own pitch after dropping points at home. Also, Derby on Saturday, nobody could ever say they don't have a large, and passionate, support, they deserve a medal for turning out in the numbers in what has been a nightmare season for them, on Saturday they were loudly giving the players it right with 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'. And quite rightly. They have had enough, even the manager agreed with them (take note Frail). Look at Mansfield, the dodgy chairman there, attacked in the directors lounge at their last home game, and having to be saved by the police from a beating at an away.

Maybe things are changing in football, and people are more tolerant of displays of ineptitude and lazyness, but I remember going to Tynie and there would regulary be massive chants of 'What a load of rubbish' and slow handclapping when the team wasn't performing. Nowadays, people people would have a go at you for such asctions as you may hurt the overpaid players who couldn't care less and about any of us ickle lickle feelings, the poor wee loves.

Quite simply, a large part of the Hearts support is just wet. It's now getting what it deserves.

I agree with a lot of that. However, I would argue that we have seen our support turning on the team on many occasions in the last year or two. A colleague of mine (who does not support a Scottish team) told me he could not believe the poison directed against our own players when he attended a game a few months back.

I think the problem now is that many people are simply beyond the stage of getting upset about it (I know I am), yet still we attend the games in comparatively large numbers. It is bizarre.

I'm stunned that the Hearts support seem willing to accept what's going on (and i include myself along with everyone else in this). The level of apathy is quite unbelieveable.

Some seem quite happy to continue to back VR (IMO, you've got to be dolly dimple) but what's worse, in my eyes, are those that just seem to be shrugging their shoulders and saying 'i just want to support whoever plays, i don't care about behind the scenes'.

There doesn't seem to be the same passion as there was 15/20 years ago.

Modern football is rubbish.

Thanks for your thoughts lads- totally agree with Nelly I have been at Tynie when the fans have turned on the team or on the board and it was passionate and heartfelt although maybe the terraces had something to do with it. However, I have been to a number of English Prem grounds recently and still witnessed the same level of action in modern all seater stadiums, so it is possible. The ultimate question is would Rangers, Aberdeen even the Leith **** tolerate what is happening to our club? I have a strong feeling that none of the above would accept it in the manner that we are currently.

.......The ultimate question is would Rangers, Aberdeen even the Leith **** tolerate what is happening to our club? I have a strong feeling that none of the above would accept it in the manner that we are currently.

I don't think they would either.

We used to be feared throughout the land.

Now look at us.

Totally agree Legend- basically all I want to see is that the next time Romanov turns up for a game (whenever that might be) I want him to fear for his own safety. Now I not saying we should resort to physical violence, but he needs to actually witness the level of anger that we feel (well that I feel anyway). Because right now he is sitting somewhere laughing at us because we are just accepting it.

Green Tree

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here here..

Top avtar too Nelly

Nelly Terraces
I don't think they would either.

We used to be feared throughout the land.

Now look at us.

Spot on. We are now just totally lame.

bighalders

Great OP can't believe how easy the Hearts fans have just rolled over and died, some even still believe - utter madness, SOH needs reinstated we are wrose off now than under the Pieman if you don't believe me chec kthe balance sheet and the league table

Our support is tepid.

Imagine if the same thing was to happen in Italy. For arguments sake the third best supported team, maybe Roma i am not too sure. With the third biggest wage bill, allowed to languish in the bottom half of seria A for a whole season. With a owner not even in the country. Without a manager. There would be blood shed.

Agreed, I would be more than happy to come back up for a protest/campaign or whatever it takes. Also I know that I speak for all my Jambo mates and by the sound of things from your replies this morning we are not alone. It may well fall on deaf ears or we might not get the numbers required but I would rather try something rather than just sit back.

Agreed, I would be more than happy to come back up for a protest/campaign or whatever it takes. Also I know that I speak for all my Jambo mates and by the sound of things from your replies this morning we are not alone. It may well fall on deaf ears or we might not get the numbers required but I would rather try something rather than just sit back.

Not doubting you, but there was plenty of folk posting the same last time around whilst the meetings at the Orwell were attended by about 40 people max every week

boabyarsebiscuit

Let's all be friends and sing a song.

VLADIMIR ROMANOV, VLADIMIR ROMANOV,

VLADIMIR ROMANOV, VLADIMIR ROMANOV

tommythejambo
I'm stunned that the Hearts support seem willing to accept what's going on (and i include myself along with everyone else in this). The level of apathy is quite unbelieveable.

Some seem quite happy to continue to back VR (IMO, you've got to be dolly dimple) but what's worse, in my eyes, are those that just seem to be shrugging their shoulders and saying 'i just want to support whoever plays, i don't care about behind the scenes'.

There doesn't seem to be the same passion as there was 15/20 years ago.

Modern football is rubbish.

There's not the same about of passion as there was 3 years ago.

IMO we need to protest but drumming up any serious level of support is impossible these days, mainly because, as you say, no-one cares. We seem like a lost cause.

Archived