US Soldier Kills 3 at Barracks

Guest C00l K1d

Guest C00l K1d

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26863033

I know it may not be directly comparable to the ''massacres'' that have happened more often than they should have but here we have another gunman taking peoples lives for what?

Im not suggesting the army should be disarmed but surely this is another point strengthening the anti-gun campaign. If a man with mental health issues who has trained and served in combat and knows perfectly well the consequences of firearms then how does that reflect on a civilian with mental health issues, who arguably probably has easier access to weapons.

Ive had a few arguments with Americans about this but they're so wrapped up in the second ammendment there's no point in even trying to put your case across.

Awful stuff, but an inevitable consequence of the gun laws. The fact he was a soldier and that it happened on a base is actually pretty irrelevant - already written off as a guy with mental health issues who had a gun where he shouldn't have had one.

Fort Hood is ******* massive. It's like driving around Livingston. My wife used to be based there and we have mates there. I've been a number of times. You could drive in there with a boot full of AK-47s and it probably wouldn't be noticed.

It won't point strengthen.

No matter how often massacres etc occur, things will never change.

Americans are idiots. (On this subject).

Thank god all those soldiers in the base were armed and able to defend themselves.

Guest C00l K1d

Thank god all those soldiers in the base were armed and able to defend themselves.

Officials say the weapon had been bought in a local store. Firearms are largely banned at US Army bases, with few soldiers besides military police allowed to carry them.

If im honest i thought the soldiers would have easy access to guns incase of an attack. I guess a huge army base is a huge target.

But in a place it arguably makes sense to have folk armed, guns are banned. I just dont get america sometimes.

The rain on your post's wedding day is actually that some people will argue more armed people on Fort Hood might have limited casualties. It is a massive town, where hardly anyone is actually carrying a weapon.

How many times has soneone with a weapon actually prevented a massacre :lol:

Keep hearing the benefit of carrying a firearm is precisely that.

Yet the massacres keep on occurring.

Hmmmmmm.

alwaysthereinspirit

Meanwhile in beautiful tranquil Scotland a drunk gadgie was stabbed by another drunk gadgie. News at 11.

How many times has soneone with a weapon actually prevented a massacre

I never really heard a decent answer to that apart from, pretty much, 'just because'.:unsure:

Meanwhile in beautiful tranquil Scotland a drunk gadgie was stabbed by another drunk gadgie. News at 11.

But that takes out some of the unnecessary gene pool.:whistling:

America treats war and weapons as an industry. Corporations, and industries, have more value to them than the lives or the rights of individuals, so the problem won't go away.

Another major industry is the prescription drug industry. They dope veterans, and school children, up to the eyeballs with drugs that have some pretty extreme side effects. This guy was on some pretty heavy treatment program.

With 22 veteran suicides every day, you have to wonder what sort of atrocities these young men were ordered to carry out? This problem will haunt America for the next 30 years.

Anyone who lets their kids join the military is frankly an idiot.

Archived