Tonight's Football

Gigolo-Aunt

Sexton Hardcastle

The picture on twitter of the boy browsing Google images of dugs on his mac during the game is comical.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArcticJambo

Atletico are absolute horrendous team to watch. Happy for Diego, although I guess cameo appearances are better than nothing - blinder of a shot.

United were worth their draw ... with better quality players than Wellbeck, Fellaini (better in 2nd) and Valencia they'd be doing alright ... those three were awful under any sort of pressure - gave the ball away time after time.

Nookie Bear

Atletico are absolute horrendous team to watch. Happy for Diego, although I guess cameo appearances are better than nothing - blinder of a shot.

United were worth their draw ... with better quality players than Wellbeck, Fellaini (better in 2nd) and Valencia they'd be doing alright ... those three were awful under any sort of pressure - gave the ball away time after time.

Never really seen them play except against Man Utd a couple of seasons ago I think, and they looked pretty decent them. What's wrong with them?

invernessjt

Never really seen them play except against Man Utd a couple of seasons ago I think, and they looked pretty decent them. What's wrong with them?

That was Bilbao.

ArcticJambo

In the games I've seen them, albeit a fairly small sample, but mainly vs decent sides, they drop back into the Spartan formation and hack and grind, not unlike Jm's teams but possibly even worse. Of course I can appreciate the commitment but it's not for me. And they're all evil ######. Diego though. :wub:

Nookie Bear

In the games I've seen them, albeit a fairly small sample, but mainly vs decent sides, they drop back into the Spartan formation and hack and grind, not unlike Jm's teams but possibly even worse. Of course I can appreciate the commitment but it's not for me. And they're all evil ######. Diego though. :wub:

Possibly lack the confidence against the better sides. Clearly they need to instill some Hughes/Collins philosophy into their style.

ArcticJambo

Possibly lack the confidence against the better sides. Clearly they need to instill some Hughes/Collins philosophy into their style.

Could well be confidence, though don't seem to lack it in their rearguard approach. DS has made them extremely difficult to beat. I was really hoping that Atlertico would have drawn Chelsea and Barcelona would have played PSG ... would have thought they would have been better match-ups for the neutral. The Atletico/Chelsea game may still happen.

Atletico will most likely go out due to their own undoing.

Edit: ffs, I somehow managed to get JM into my 4000th post; at least I compensated by including Diego.

Archived