Voting has opened

c41rns

Went with Macdonald and Hamill's free kick v ICT, Really wanted to go with Stevo v Hibs but Hamills freekick was unreal (Plus I think he deserves something from a season where he has endured virtually nothing but abuse and dodgey red cards.... OMG

They should have added in a section worst refereeing decision!!! That would have been awesome (first stop under fan ownership anyone ?)

went for stevos goal at easter road and picked Robinson slightly ahead of Macdonald just purely based on the improvement he has shown this season and grown into his role in the team

went for stevos goal at easter road and picked Robinson slightly ahead of Macdonald just purely based on the improvement he has shown this season and grown into his role in the team

Jee Wizz!

rossthejambo

Easy to vote for this one, Stevenson against Hibs and MacDonald.

If I had to pick someone that wasn't MacDonald I'd have been picking Robinson.

vintage1874

Jamie Mcdonald for me, a great season so many important saves. What a game he had at easter road in the league cup. That save was brilliant. All excellent goals but went for Stevo at in same game at Easter Road.

PsychocAndy

Jamie Mac and Stevo v H1b5, but I would have voted Callum Paterson's header v H1b5 if it was included.

Jamie Mac and Stevenson (v Hibs). Actually think Hamill's at St Mirren may have been better but wouldn't vote for that prick if he was favourite in a North Korean election!

Just like to clarify that i am in no way overlooking how good macdonald has been this year, he has been outstanding. Just for me, seeing the improvement in Robinson has been pleasing as its been a while coming

bigladatthebackpost

Macdonald and Stevenson v the wee team.

Its in the bag for these two already, surely?

had we gone on to win the semi, i might've been tempted to go for hamill's free kick, but given it led to a win against the hibs i've got to go for ryan's against hibs.

mcdonald is miles ahead as poty.

Looks like everyone is voting the same way,

Stevo's goal against Hibs and Macdonald for player for the season

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Abstaining.

Not one player deserves any recognition of any sort.

Sergio Garcia

Jamie Mac just ahead of Robinson and Stevo's goal against the Wee Team. Not much doubt they two will win it.

Hamill St Mirren for the goal due to technique needed to keep ball down.

Although I agree Jamie McDonald is a worthy winner I've voted for Hamill for his commitment and effort.

We would have had a better balance in team without him in midfield but he was given the job by Locke and he's given everything.

Who gets to votes for young player of the year ?

Macdonald and stevo v the Hobos ( unless there is a late entry for the billy king goal )

Dallas Green

Seem to have voted the same way as the majority.

Robinson and Hamill's goal would have been my second picks.

Stevenson's goal was good but the fact it was against hibs will probably mean it gets the votes. I think Hamill's ICT free kick was more deserving.

Jamie Mac and Hamill for me.

loveofthegame

Jamie Mac and Stevo v the Hobos.

Shows how far we have fallen that SR being mentioned as POTY for performances this year.

I went macdonald and stevo against hibs. Watching hamills goal against Inverness made me feel sick all over again. I still can't believe we managed to feck that game up :(

Footballfirst

Who gets to votes for young player of the year ?

Macdonald and stevo v the Hobos ( unless there is a late entry for the billy king goal )

I believe that HYDC are not using the fans vote for YPOTY this year after Jamie Walker monopolised the social media vote last year.

POTY - McDonald

Goal - Stevo v H1b5

YPOTY - Difficult one - everyone is eligible bar McDonald, Hamill and Stevenson (I'd give it to Paterson)

U20 POTY - Nicholson or Carrick

U17 POTY - Craigie, Simpson, Scott, Flanagan, Jones, or McKirdy - Take your pick.

quincy adams wagstaff

Jamie walker v partick thistle(skill and determination factor) and Jamie Mac

I believe that HYDC are not using the fans vote for YPOTY this year after Jamie Walker monopolised the social media vote last year.

POTY - McDonald

Goal - Stevo v H1b5

YPOTY - Difficult one - everyone is eligible bar McDonald, Hamill and Stevenson (I'd give it to Paterson)

U20 POTY - Nicholson or Carrick

U17 POTY - Craigie, Simpson, Scott, Flanagan, Jones, or McKirdy - Take your pick.

Ha. What did he do? Must have missed that. Did he get all his young devotees to vote for him?

Footballfirst

Ha. What did he do? Must have missed that. Did he get all his young devotees to vote for him?

Jamie won it fair and square, but there were probably around 200 duplicate votes for him and Callum Paterson discounted. There were various instances of multiple votes from the same IP address, within seconds of one another, sometimes even using the same email address, but all voting for the same person. (mainly from females I might add)

scott_jambo

:rofl:

Dr Ian Malcolm

Jamie Mac is the standout candidate for POTY, Robinson if we're going for outfield players.

Goal of the Season has to be Stevo - turned, without looking, and smashed it in the top bin first time.

The fact that it was at that midden and we'd been battered for half an hour cements it.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Although I agree Jamie McDonald is a worthy winner I've voted for Hamill for his commitment and effort.

We would have had a better balance in team without him in midfield but he was given the job by Locke and he's given everything.

Hamill and technique in the same sentence! :laugh:

Arthur Morgan

These are the ones I went for too.

Bowmans_Boot

GOT to be: Jamie Mac & Stevo's. Although Jamie Walker's at Partick was absolutely incredible and most probably far better technically, Stevenson's goal wins because of the importance.

As an aside, the date of this event has been changed from the saturday 26th to the Sunday 27th April due to the Hibs game at Fester Rd.

Archived