Lawrence Broadie

innerjambo

innerjambo

Is this the most annoying commentator of all time, apart from Archie McPherson? He must be the only guy who can take positives from utter garbage!!! Please Lawrence, do us all a favour, and go back to fetching the pies and bovril for the commentry team!

Guest JamboRobbo
Please Lawrence, do us all a favour, and go back to fetching the pies and bovril for the commentry team!

agreed.

We_are_the_Hearts

Can remember this guy from Jambos.net. Supported Hearts for 5 minutes but seen himself as the ultimate Jambo because fo his PC views and his brown nosing with the hierarchy.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Is this the most annoying commentator of all time, apart from Archie McPherson? He must be the only guy who can take positives from utter garbage!!! Please Lawrence, do us all a favour, and go back to fetching the pies and bovril for the commentry team!

And while you're at it, get a proper presenter for Hearts World!

brellierlegend
Can remember this guy from Jambos.net. Supported Hearts for 5 minutes but seen himself as the ultimate Jambo because fo his PC views and his brown nosing with the hierarchy.

Lawrence was 2 years above me at school and was always a die hard jambo so that comment is pathetic and just made up!

innerjambo
Lawrence was 2 years above me at school and was always a die hard jambo so that comment is pathetic and just made up!

He may well be a die hard jambo, but I think most fans I have spoken to all agree that he should'nt be allowed anywhere near a mic!

Why lie?

Lawrence has been a Jambo for 14 years.

brellierlegend
He may well be a die hard jambo, but I think most fans I have spoken to all agree that he should'nt be allowed anywhere near a mic!

Not disputing that point at all. However, its ridiculous to just make up untrue

facts about him.

I would maybe agree that could be the case come matchdays as you've always got Mackay and Donkey commentating.

But with regards to interviews during the week and post game, if Lawrence didn't do it then no one would. Think you should give him a break, he works very hard for this club and no one was more ****ed off than when Gretna scored than him.

innerjambo
I would maybe agree that could be the case come matchdays as you've always got Mackay and Donkey commentating.

But with regards to interviews during the week and post game, if Lawrence didn't do it then no one would. Think you should give him a break, he works very hard for this club and no one was more ****ed off than when Gretna scored than him.

Then he should stop patronising the fans. We dont want to be told that the team played reasonably well in parts, when we are perfectly capable of seeing for ourselves, that the team is a complete shambles from top to bottom. That is why he irritates people!

I have to say I think Broadie is very committed to the Heart of Midlothian. Having lost sound (No audio device :mad:) I have not been able to hear the last couple of games but I know that Lawrence is not the greatest commentator. However he does get far too much abuse in my opinion. He may spin things too far I admit, but as is common on here, abuse is more important than thought.

Lawrence like the rest of us is far from perfect but is committed to the club!

innerjambo

He would get alot more respect if he just told it how it is. Unless offcoarse he really does see things that nobody else sees. He comes across like a company man and a Vlad puppet, someone should have a word in his ear. Maybe he's just one of those people who's totally oblivious to all around him?

WeeToonJambo
He would get alot more respect if he just told it how it is. Unless offcoarse he really does see things that nobody else sees. He comes across like a company man and a Vlad puppet, someone should have a word in his ear. Maybe he's just one of those people who's totally oblivious to all around him?

I think that, like some of us on here, Lawrence is an optimist. He likes to emphasise the positives in all situations, and I can understand that. I don't think he's a Vlad puppet. I was at the game last night and, believe it or not found a few things (very few) to enjoy and give me hope. The contribution of Ryan McGowan, for instance, was significant and he proved what many of us have been saying for months. Matej Rapnik's ball control skills at half-time (pity it wasn't appreciated by the Gretna fans he performed in front of). Eh! Think that's about it!

Ryan Gosling

He needs to start being more critical.

I mean 'I feel the game is swinging towards Hearts in the last 10 mins' - where we lose a goal and the match - is not being honest.

japanjambo

I think Lawrence would agree he's not cut out to be a commentator. I take it Mark and Gary weren't available last night, so he has to take up the reins. I'm sure he'd rather be sitting beside them, letting them get on with it! :cool:

Lynn:ninja:

Cut The Crap

I'm not sure what people expect of the club's official output. Of course it's going to be biased and put a positive spin on events. Any other approach would be perverse.

Lawrence's job is to market the club, not to expose the shortcomings of his colleagues.

The spin is annoying but not half as annoying as his constantly interrupting and talking over people. The producer (probably him) should look at how the professionals do it. Martin Tyler does the commentary, Andy Gray summarises, and the wee dude talks to Jamie Redknapp at half time. On HW Donkey should be commentating and Gary summarising, and that's it! Instead you get a constant stream of drivel from Lawrence. Not going to renew next season - it's too annoying. Stick that in your marketing plan Lawrence. :P

My gripe is with HW commentary not necessarily with Lawrence.

HW commentary must rank the worse in the SPL.

You don't get a commentary on what is happening on the field.

You get a commentary on Gary Mackay's eating habits,his family's day out, and what friends he met recently.

When MD eventually gives us an insight to what is happening on the field you can't hear him because of the infantile banter between Lawrence and Gary.

I don't mind the banter but it should be held back until half time.

I suggest MD and Lawrence listen to English FA commentaries and get some ideas. We pay good money for HW we should get a decent commentary at least. I'd be surprised if I am the only one with such complaints, but you never know.

I think the banter is one of the strong points of the commentary!

No radio station does a better job, and Radio Scotland is worse!

Geoff Kilpatrick
My gripe is with HW commentary not necessarily with Lawrence.

HW commentary must rank the worse in the SPL.

You don't get a commentary on what is happening on the field.

You get a commentary on Gary Mackay's eating habits,his family's day out, and what friends he met recently.

When MD eventually gives us an insight to what is happening on the field you can't hear him because of the infantile banter between Lawrence and Gary.

I don't mind the banter but it should be held back until half time.

I suggest MD and Lawrence listen to English FA commentaries and get some ideas. We pay good money for HW we should get a decent commentary at least. I'd be surprised if I am the only one with such complaints, but you never know.

Agree with most of that. As I can't be there physically I want to know as much as possible as to what is happening on the pitch. Granted that recently nothing much has been happening, but it would be nice to have the action described.

We_are_the_Hearts
Why lie?

Lawrence has been a Jambo for 14 years.

So at the time he was giving Hearts fans lectures on how they should and shouldn't behave and conduct themself he was a supporter of about 6 years. I know where I am coming from ;)

japanjambo
I think the banter is one of the strong points of the commentary!

No radio station does a better job, and Radio Scotland is worse!

I agree, I think the banter is great! I think a lot of the time this past season there has been absolutely NOTHING happening on the field that is worthy of comment.

MacDonald Jardine
So at the time he was giving Hearts fans lectures on how they should and shouldn't behave and conduct themself he was a supporter of about 6 years. I know where I am coming from ;)

So do I. He always came across as arrogant and self opionionated.

Colonel Kurtz
I agree, I think the banter is great! I think a lot of the time this past season there has been absolutely NOTHING happening on the field that is worthy of comment.

its mostly puerile and cringeworthy,I subscribes last season but listened to Radio Scotland for away matches,thats how bad HW was.

Wont be renewing

CornhillHearts

Rise above it FJ, CK has an issue with our mate, the rest of them know nowt about Hearts, see you on Saturday for stag in Glasgow, the place will be rocking if Rangers win tonight!

innerjambo
Rise above it FJ, CK has an issue with our mate, the rest of them know nowt about Hearts, see you on Saturday for stag in Glasgow, the place will be rocking if Rangers win tonight!

I think there are quite a few who have an issue with your mate. Actually, I dont mind Mark Donaldson as a commentator, if he would concentrate on the game more. However, as I said at the begining of this thread, Lawrence should stick to fetching pies and bovril. :)

We_are_the_Hearts

Aww that's nice, bet your wee bum chum will like the back up. The bit in bold just shows you up to be a bit of a tube really.

Aye, should be a brilliant/blurry night out.

He would have only have been 19 at the time then. Bit harsh to criticise him for comments he made back then.

We_are_the_Hearts
He would have only have been 19 at the time then. Bit harsh to criticise him for comments he made back then.

Fair enough, best just to leave this.:cool:

Colonel Kurtz

Dont really have an issue with any individual ,and in fairness i probably would not have been critical if we had been winning.

And i did throw the radio out the window as a result of lAlan preston crawling to his weedgie boses on radio Scotland

However when we are getting humped the last thing you want to hear is inane ramblings which wouldnt be funny at the best of times

Hearts World is my link to live games. It does strike me at times that the whole production is a bit amateurish, but strangely enough I think that is what makes it attractive to someone a long way from Gorgie.

I listen to quite a lot of hockey by really good commentators, you know exactly what is happening at the game and it is very direct. There is generally no bias, or at least very little, and the reports are straightforward. On the contrary HW is more like you are sitting watching the game with a bunch of the boys, the banter and bias are to me positives, it can get a bit much at times, but all in all to me the naivety and I use the term in the kindest way is what gives it its appeal to ex-pats.

Colonel Kurtz
Hearts World is my link to live games. It does strike me at times that the whole production is a bit amateurish, but strangely enough I think that is what makes it attractive to someone a long way from Gorgie.

I listen to quite a lot of hockey by really good commentators, you know exactly what is happening at the game and it is very direct. There is generally no bias, or at least very little, and the reports are straightforward. On the contrary HW is more like you are sitting watching the game with a bunch of the boys, the banter and bias are to me positives, it can get a bit much at times, but all in all to me the naivety and I use the term in the kindest way is what gives it its appeal to ex-pats.

I suppose your right.

I listen to radio test match commentary and they used to discuss what type of seagulls were landing on the outfield and their migratory habits.

It was worse late on when they had had a few.

I suppose theres an element of shooting the messenger ,when Hearts get beat,but last night drove me to distraction

I cancelled my subscription to Hearts World on the back of that trumpet!!!

(Also the fact I am giving no more money to HMFC until the Circus has left Town.)

As it is the most annoying maroon tinted garbage I have ever listened to.

I want commentary!!!

Not shouted at by an irritant, whose actual on field observations are minimal!

Chewy

troonjambo
Not disputing that point at all. However, its ridiculous to just make up untrue

facts about him.

agreed this sort of **** should be cracked down on FFS

Just mention any name of any person with anything to do with Hearts, whether in admin or on the playing field, and some people on here just cant wait to shoot them down in flames.

And so todays targets are.....Lawrence, Mark and Gary.

I fully agree with bobsharp. For those of us abroad, this is closest we get to the game and Mark, with Gary and Lawrence, doesn't do a bad job at all. It's not just about presenting a straight commentary of what is on the field, it's also about conveying the atmosphere at the ground, providing bits of background information and trying to make an interesting and entertaining afternoons listening - even if the game is the usual rubbish. Obviously, Lawrence doesn't have Marks broadcasting experience but when he sits in he always does a pretty fair job with plenty enthusiasm and bits of background info. Match days wouldn't be the same without them.

Just mention any name of any person with anything to do with Hearts, whether in admin or on the playing field, and some people on here just cant wait to shoot them down in flames.

And so todays targets are.....Lawrence, Mark and Gary.

I fully agree with bobsharp. For those of us abroad, this is closest we get to the game and Mark, with Gary and Lawrence, doesn't do a bad job at all. It's not just about presenting a straight commentary of what is on the field, it's also about conveying the atmosphere at the ground, providing bits of background information and trying to make an interesting and entertaining afternoons listening - even if the game is the usual rubbish. Obviously, Lawrence doesn't have Marks broadcasting experience but when he sits in he always does a pretty fair job with plenty enthusiasm and bits of background info. Match days wouldn't be the same without them.

Eh? Check the title of the thread. It wasn't about Donkey or Gary. My problem with Lawrence is not when he's standing in for Mark, it's when Mark is commentating and he's the spare one at the wedding.

Archived