Ivaskevicius' miss

Coco

Did anyone get a better view than me of this one last night.

I thought that it should probably be recognised as the worst miss in professional football history - on the goalline with an open goal.

To be fair, it perhaps took a big bobble - anyone confirm or deny?

I thought that it should probably be recognised as the worst miss in professional football history - on the goalline with an open goal.

That he is.

I wasn't their last night. However, if the keeper saved it they were saying it was a great save, on the radio, by the sub keeper as opposed to horrific miss.

The ball looked to me as if Ivaskevicius stopped it on the goal line rather than knocking it in. The keeper shouldn't have got a chance to get the ball.

Someone last night mentioned that a lot of money could have been made from Hearts this season backing teams against us at higher odds of 4-1.

Maybe there was some sort of Lithuanian rouse behind the Betfair drift in our odds pre-match

Maybe Ketusis got a cut of Vlad's winnings.....

The commentators on Radio Scotland said it was the best save of the season....

Or maybe Ivaskevicius is just that bad.

loveofthegame
The commentators on Radio Scotland said it was the best save of the season....

Or maybe Ivaskevicius is just that bad.

Without a doubt, the latter

The ball looked to me as if Ivaskevicius stopped it on the goal line rather than knocking it in. The keeper shouldn't have got a chance to get the ball.

In my opinion the worst miss by a Hearts player since Willie Gibson at Ayr in the early 70's!!! Quite simply unbelievable but somehow not surprising; an emotion only the 2007/08 Hearts squad could generate.

zicoinexile

He is pants. Get him and the rest of the gutless Lithuanians back to where they came from.

:mad:

He is pants. Get him and the rest of the gutless Lithuanians back to where they came from.

:mad:

Spot on. This waste of space wouldn't get a game for West Pilton Albion and he's parading around Riccarton as a professional football player for Hearts. The club is a shambles nowadays, heart and soul destroyed thanks to brilliant Vlad. Oops shouldnt have said that, we'd be at Murrayfield without him :rolleyes:

Wish we were!!!

I was sitting behind the goals where the cahnce came about. To me he seemed to think all he had to do was connect with it and it would go in. He just let it hit off the inside of his foot and it didn't have enough power in it.

What really annoyed me is that he didn't even seem bothered about it.

Takis4king
I was sitting behind the goals where the cahnce came about. To me he seemed to think all he had to do was connect with it and it would go in. He just let it hit off the inside of his foot and it didn't have enough power in it.

how did u manage to sit behind the goals?

WeeToonJambo

You must have been one of the ballboys then. That stand was closed!

You must have been one of the ballboys then. That stand was closed!

The ball boys were all about 4 years old! Never seen such young ball boys before.

I hate him.

I hate his lack of ability.

I hate his complete lack of tactical awareness.

I hate that he doesn't try.

I hate that he doesn't care.

I hate that he plays for my team.

I hope that he reads this.

I hate him.

Someone last night mentioned that a lot of money could have been made from Hearts this season backing teams against us at higher odds of 4-1.

Maybe there was some sort of Lithuanian rouse behind the Betfair drift in our odds pre-match

Maybe Ketusis got a cut of Vlad's winnings.....

That might not be a far-fetched as it sounds. This has been a pretty strong rumour now for some time, and perhaps answers a few questions people are posing at the moment e.g. why do we look as though we're deliberately set up not to win matches.

In my opinion the worst miss by a Hearts player since Willie Gibson at Ayr in the early 70's!!! Quite simply unbelievable but somehow not surprising; an emotion only the 2007/08 Hearts squad could generate.

Worse than Eskillson's against the Hobos?

That might not be a far-fetched as it sounds. This has been a pretty strong rumour now for some time, and perhaps answers a few questions people are posing at the moment e.g. why do we look as though we're deliberately set up not to win matches.

Far fetched and rubbish. this would be a small market and any unsually large betting would be picked up and investigated by bookies - especially Betfair who take extensive information in any case due to the ability to 'lay' or back losers, if you like.

Worse than Eskillson's against the Hobos?

As I remember that one he was almost beyond the back post with a defender beside him? Awful miss but slightly harder chance than No 28's last night.

No 28 last night was right on the goalline in the middle of the goal and with the ball at his feet. And he still managed to miss. That's how I saw it anyway.

If it took a big bobble (possible given the rotten state of the pitch) I apologise to No 28.

The People's Chimp
I hate him.

I hate him.

You know, your opinion is one that was echoed by many on here. Funny that a large percentage, however, who bought into the cuckooland of vlad and co thought he was a great talent and people like you (or others) were racist.

I wonder where those claiming no 28 was great talent are now?

He is many things, but never a great talent:

FRAUD

being two things he is.

jambos are go!

Just saw it on the BBc site. Great save by the keeper and never a tap in from a yard. Should have scored but the level of criticism here stinks.

Just saw it on the BBc site. Great save by the keeper and never a tap in from a yard. Should have scored but the level of criticism here stinks.

Thanks for the headsup. Just watched it.

Absolutely shocking miss. No bobble. And I was wrong that it was the worst miss ever seen from the goalline. It was the worst miss I have ever seen from 5 yards out. Stinking player.

As for Glen, yes as first thought he deserved to be sent off. But has Underhill explained how he saw an elbow?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7401761.stm

Regardless of the miss he is not fit to wear the famous maroon jersey. Can't understand why he is even in the squad - must be at the insistence of Romanov. Should be punted in the summer if there is any justice.

Tynecastle Valhalla
I hate him.

I hate him.

quality post, made me chuckle. he is a total arse

jambo walesy

Just seen it and terrible miss though the keeper did do well.

The thing that stood out most about that move though was the excellent close control and pass from Mcgowan, not bad for a centre half.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
As I remember that one he was almost beyond the back post with a defender beside him? Awful miss but slightly harder chance than No 28's last night.

No 28 last night was right on the goalline in the middle of the goal and with the ball at his feet. And he still managed to miss. That's how I saw it anyway.

If it took a big bobble (possible given the rotten state of the pitch) I apologise to No 28.

That still cracks me up! Top comedy, that!

;)

Ivaskevicius does have the potential to be better than he is desribed on here. Look back to the Rangers game, 4-2.

When he won the penalty, he knocked the ball away from the Rangers player as the challenge was coming in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFBby-baI8

His goal was well taken as well, he quickly nipped inside and got a shot away with 2 players closing him down, he hit it low and hard, great goal;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoK0XDK81Y

This guy by far gets too much unjust criticism, he's 23 years old

Even his goal against Celtic, he skips past 3 defenders and slips it under "the best keeper in Europe" - again a goal anyone would be proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xRvB6qr4U

Why is he critisized, even booed at matches, he IMO, has been made the new Mikoliunas, once he was the guy everyone aimed their anger at, that has now stopped and look how well Miko was playing towards the end of this season, give Kes a chance and by that I don't mean wait until he misplaces a pass or hits a shot wide then turn on him again, I mean a real chance like Jason Thomson got, or Gary Glen etc. They got a few matches without pressure from the fans, bring yourself above the vile nature of some Hearts fans, yes you get "those sort" at every club but you can do better than that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The only benefit in No. 28 being at this club is that it has taught me to ignore anything the UEFA website says.

One to watch? Your having a laugh. One to watch through your fingers maybe.

Drylaw Hearts

I had the misfortune of seeing No.28's debut for Hearts in a Reserve match at Falkirk.

He looked out his depth then and imo has shown only 1 or 2 flashes in the 2 Seasons he's been here.

A horrible footballer who for some reason always wants to hit the ball using the outside of his boot.

That really feckin annoys me.

He was involved in a few matches after the split which probably suggests he's on the way out.

Drylaw Hearts
He has ability.

The criticism aimed at him has been unfair.

I couldn't disagree more.

He is everything that is wrong at Hearts.

A horrible footballer who for some reason always wants to hit the ball using the outside of his boot.

That really feckin annoys me.

Surely you can't critisize him for that, it's just a personal preferance, like writing with your right or left hand!

I have seen him going in for a tackle with the outside of his foot, nobody except him will know why that is, it could even be he had a nasty experience when he was younger eg. broke a friend's leg or injured himself, you will just never know.

Dirk Diggler

Why is he 'everything' that is wrong?

I don't get that.

There are worse players imo who have played a lot more regularly at Hearts than him.

Surely you can't critisize him for that, it's just a personal preferance, like writing with your right or left hand!

I have seen him going in for a tackle with the outside of his foot, nobody except him will know why that is, it could even be he had a nasty experience when he was younger eg. broke a friend's leg or injured himself, you will just never know.

If that is the case he should probably pick a new career then!

Drylaw Hearts
Why is he 'everything' that is wrong?

I don't get that.

There are worse players imo who have played a lot more regularly at Hearts than him.

He was brought in on the owners say so when he clearly wasn't ready for a move to Hearts.

He has played more than 30 matches for us because of his Nationality and not his ability.

Someone thought he could be sold on by being played on a bigger stage.

That someone doesn't know the difference between sh ite and shinola.

Drylaw Hearts

I can criticise him when 9 times out of 10 he doesn't complete the pass.

Just like my Mikoliunas point a couple of posts ago, he once was everything that was wrong at Hearts:confused:

Now somehow it's changed to Kestutis?

Is he the mastermind behind Vlad's whole plan, is his whole business empire run by Ivaskevicius or is it just Hearts? Will the new stand be the Kestutis Ivaskevicius stand, rows 24 and 28 will have gold seats and his name will be on the front of the stand but the letters N and D of stand will be on the Gorgie stand because they couldn't fit it all in?

Does Kestutis fax the team selections to Frail, or does Ivaskevicius take the coaching as well?

Is he in charge of Season ticket sales and marketing?

Does he have medical qualifications, is he the main man when it comes to Hearts' medical staff?

Does he coach the players?

Does he manage the youth and reserve teams?

Is he the chief scout at the club?

Did he give Vlad the nod to sack Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobochka?

Is this entire episode in our history down to him?

Sorry, I got a bit carried away there!:)

It just goes to prove there is more than just 1 man at this club, there are hundreds involved (not including the fans), they all like a bit of the glory but they all also deserve some of the criticism when things go bad.

Dirk Diggler
He was brought in on the owners say so when he clearly wasn't ready for a move to Hearts.

He has played more than 30 matches for us because of his Nationality and not his ability.

Someone thought he could be sold on by being played on a bigger stage.

That someone doesn't know the difference between sh ite and shinola.

Does that same person think the same of Elliot, Goncalves, Mole or Pinilla?

How many games have they played and why?

To label one player 'everything' that is wrong at Hearts is way off the mark.

Drylaw Hearts
Does that same person think the same of Elliot, Goncalves, Mole or Pinilla?

How many games have they played and why?

To label one player 'everything' that is wrong at Hearts is way off the mark.

Ok.

He is a classic example of everything that is wrong at Hearts.

No.28 wil not last 30 seconds under a proper Manager.

Drylaw Hearts
Just like my Mikoliunas point a couple of posts ago, he once was everything that was wrong at Hearts:confused:

Now somehow it's changed to Kestutis?

Is he the mastermind behind Vlad's whole plan, is his whole business empire run by Ivaskevicius or is it just Hearts? Will the new stand be the Kestutis Ivaskevicius stand, rows 24 and 28 will have gold seats and his name will be on the front of the stand but the letters N and D of stand will be on the Gorgie stand because they couldn't fit it all in?

Does Kestutis fax the team selections to Frail, or does Ivaskevicius take the coaching as well?

Is he in charge of Season ticket sales and marketing?

Does he have medical qualifications, is he the main man when it comes to Hearts' medical staff?

Does he coach the players?

Does he manage the youth and reserve teams?

Is he the chief scout at the club?

Did he give Vlad the nod to sack Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobochka?

Is this entire episode in our history down to him?

Sorry, I got a bit carried away there!:)

It just goes to prove there is more than just 1 man at this club, there are hundreds involved (not including the fans), they all like a bit of the glory but they all also deserve some of the criticism when things go bad.

Miko is another example of everthing that is wrong at Hearts.

Dirk Diggler
Ok.

He is a classic example of everything that is wrong at Hearts.

No.28 wil not last 30 seconds under a proper Manager.

Fair enough, although neither would any of the names I have mentioned but they don't get labelled like 'No 28' has been tonight or in the past.

Why is that?

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough, although neither would any of the names I have mentioned but they don't get labelled like 'No 28' has been tonight or in the past.

Why is that?

Every player you mentioned has been heavily criticised several times in the past.

Why is that?

Yes they would.

Elliot proved under Rix that he does have some talent. Mole would be a decent player under proper management IMO and Jose definitely would. He has played in the Champions League and attracted the interest of Everton with the help of a proper manager.

Pinilla is a different story. Not sure about him.

Charlie-Brown

Surely the important thing of any good manager is to be able to improve EVERY player under his charge - in a Hearts context then this means getting Pinilla & Nade properly fit & focused whilst with the likes of Elliot, Mole, Ivaskevicius etc. it means addressing some deficiencies and helping these players improve their overall game. If we want to be come better then it means the players becoming better players.

Miko is another example of everthing that is wrong at Hearts.

What does Saulius Mikoliunas do to make you feel this way?

Dirk Diggler
Every player you mentioned has been heavily criticised several times in the past.

Yes, Of course they have.

It was your 'everything that is wrong with Hearts' comment that stuck in my throat.

I'm leaving it here.

:)

Dirk Diggler
Yes they would.

Elliot proved under Rix that he does have some talent. Mole would be a decent player under proper management IMO and Jose definitely would. He has played in the Champions League and attracted the interest of Everton with the help of a proper manager.

Pinilla is a different story. Not sure about him.

Have you ever heard of any of the names I mentioned as being labelled 'everything that is wrong with Hearts'?

Have you ever heard of any of the names I mentioned as being labelled 'everything that is wrong with Hearts'?

Nope, I was referring to your comment about none of them lasting 30 seconds with a proper manager.

Dirk Diggler
Nope, I was referring to your comment about none of them lasting 30 seconds with a proper manager.

Fair enough.

Your argument is all based on conjecture though as Rix wasn't a proper manager.

:)

Archived