Weird death fears

RussAsia

I was just wondering if anyone had any weird death fears.

For some reason since i was young i have had a fear that one day i will be in a lift (elevator) when it breaks down and while i am escaping to safety it will start up again and crush me to death..

I am almost never in lifts.. i am not scared to use them.. but i think if it ever broke down i would stay in there until it was full operational again..

Laugh, ridicule, troll to your hearts content..

Do The Dance

Why would you leave the elevator? Let the lift engineer deal with it. :wink:

Yes, and it's linked to the thing I mentioned on the 'stuff that freaks you out' thread.

I've had dreams for years in which I fall from a tall building or some other great height. I wake when I hit the ground. Horrible.

I'm mostly just scared of the feeling you would have when you know you're about to die. I don't want to know it's coming when it does.

And why do lifts in films always have a hatch in the roof for you to escape from? I don't think I've ever been in a lift with a hatch.

And I check regularly.

Guest C00l K1d

And why do lifts in films always have a hatch in the roof for you to escape from? I don't think I've ever been in a lift with a hatch.

And I check regularly.

Do you have to stand on your mates shoulders to check short arse?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Dying in a plane crash.

I don't actually find the concept of dying that frightening but the thought of being killed in a plane crash terrifies me.

Do you have to stand on your mates shoulders to check short arse?

Oddly enough I just look up to see the ceiling, pretty much what anyone would do.

alwaysthereinspirit

Legs trapped under the steering wheel after a small car crash, then I smell smoke and I'm trapped in a burning car fully conscious.

Not that I've thought about it.

And I check regularly.

They do have a hatch in the roof but they are locked from the outside so that rescuers can get in but you can't try to get out and end up killing yourself.

Guest C00l K1d

They do have a hatch in the roof but they are locked from the outside so that rescuers can get in but you can't try to get out and end up killing yourself.

Luckily the american lifts let you endanger your life. Would make for a shite film if they were the same as ours

I had a dream that I was trapped in a room with that criminal serial rapist guy from East Lothian.

I kid you not, it was horrible. But I did wake up and it took me a moment or two to feel relieved that it was only a dream.

Wtf brings you to the point to dream about stuff like this?

I had a dream that I was trapped in a room with that criminal serial rapist guy from East Lothian.

I kid you not, it was horrible. But I did wake up and it took me a moment or two to feel relieved that it was only a dream.

Wtf brings you to the point to dream about stuff like this?

Could have been worse.....Could have been trapped in a room with that Polish lesbian that was posted on here a while back..................

Matthew Le Tissier

Could have been worse.....Could have been trapped in a room with that Polish lesbian that was posted on here a while back..................

:arry::jjyay::glorious::pleasing:

Nope. Firefighting lifts have a hatch which can be opened from the inside with the standard euro key. This is incase a fireman taking the lift up during a fire gets stuck. He can open the hatch and escape. There should be a ladder stuck to the side of the car so he can reach the nearest floor.

Most people killed in lift accidents are the ones who try and force their own way out instead of waiting on the lift engineer

Plane crash

Sitting there as the plane hurtles to the ground and knowing that in a minute or so your going to be dead.

Scares the shit out of me.

Cancer.knowing for months or years that you aint gonna be in your kids life etc,would rather get it over and done with without knowing

Machiavelli

Plane crash for me but not as a passenger just one falling out the sky and landing on top of me.

loveofthegame

Dying in a plane crash.

I don't actually find the concept of dying that frightening but the thought of being killed in a plane crash terrifies me.

This. Every single time i step on a plane! I could kiss the ground every time i land safely and step back onto the tarmac!

The Internet

Being in a small space that's slowly (or even worse, quickly) filling with water and no chance of escape. My biggest fear of all time really.

Being in a small space that's slowly (or even worse, quickly) filling with water and no chance of escape. My biggest fear of all time really.

This is a good one.. that would be brutal.. but why would it be worse if it was filling quickly.. i'd rather have a quick death than a slow one..

The Internet

This is a good one.. that would be brutal.. but why would it be worse if it was filling quickly.. i'd rather have a quick death than a slow one..

Yeah I guess if there's no chance of escape like I said then it's probably 'better' if it fills quickly. Either way it's my worst-case-death-scenario. Being buried alive would also be absolutely horrendous but there's something about drowning like that which just makes me want to cry.

LeylandJambo

Yeah I guess if there's no chance of escape like I said then it's probably 'better' if it fills quickly. Either way it's my worst-case-death-scenario. Being buried alive would also be absolutely horrendous but there's something about drowning like that which just makes me want to cry.

Drowning is supposed to be the most peaceful way to go.

scottish_chicP

Nope. Firefighting lifts have a hatch which can be opened from the inside with the standard euro key. This is incase a fireman taking the lift up during a fire gets stuck. He can open the hatch and escape. There should be a ladder stuck to the side of the car so he can reach the nearest floor.

Most people killed in lift accidents are the ones who try and force their own way out instead of waiting on the lift engineer

But you're not supposed to use a lift during a fire :huh:

Aye they always look peaceful as hell flapping about in the water and drinking the stuff lol.Heard this years ago not really convinced myself.

But you're not supposed to use a lift during a fire :huh:

Your not. All lifts should return to the ground floor when the alarm goes off, firefighting lifts let the firemen use them to get up the building. It be a long wait if your 30 floors up and a fireman in all his gear has to take the stairs.

LeylandJambo

Aye they always look peaceful as hell flapping about in the water and drinking the stuff lol.Heard this years ago not really convinced myself.

It's only what I've heard I've never tried it myself.

Guest C00l K1d

I've always wondered what it'd be like to accept death.

As in the moments before death as you drown/crush etc. Or even if you had accepted it and you managed to get away from whatever was wrong at the last minute.

Must be a pretty horrifying thing to go through. Knowing you're going to die and there's nothing you can do about it.

A spike going through my eye. Dunno why, but those railings at Princes Street have always made me feel a little uneasy.

Falling into the gears of some huge machine feet first.

just imagine it, very, very slowly, getting pulled into the gear wheels feet first, about an inch a minute, knowing that you will still be alive when your little soldier and his 2 juice bottles get crushed

Dagger Is Back

I've started worrying about all kinds of weird things, as if HMFC wasn't enough.

Killed in a gas explosion and swallowed by a sinkhole being the recurring two.

Ron Burgundy

the film Open Water makes me shiver.Bobbing about at the top of the ocean with sharks circling you. Although there are a few other methods mentioned that will also now give me the heebee jeebies.

The Internet

Aye I keep hearing this and every time I think 'bullshit'. If you've even been underwater to the point where you feel like your lungs are about to burst you'd know it's not likely to be a peaceful death.

bigladatthebackpost

I used to have a recurring dream about being in a medieval battle and getting speared repeatedly through my lower back as i lay prone on the ground.

Now, whilst I admit this is a very unlikely way for me to go, it did make sure I never attend any historical re-enactments.

I've seen the Final Destination films, I'm not stupid.

Archived