The Biggest 6 Weeks of Romanov's Reign

Bootboy100

Bootboy100

Now that this god awful season has now ended in total embarrassment. Our thoughts and attentions turn to the build up to pre-season.

So in the next 6 weeks VR and his cronies need to achieve the following:

A new Manager

A clear out of god knows how many players

Bring in quality and experienced players

Keep Malofeev a million miles away from Pre-Season

If a manager is appointed then leave him the **** alone to do the job.

If the above is achieved by the time pre season starts then we might just have something to be optimistic about for the 08/09 season however failure to do so may just tip the majority over the edge.

Guest GhostHunter

You're wrong mate.

It's not 6 weeks he has to sort it...it's 2 weeks.

ST renewal D Day.

PresidentRomanov
You're wrong mate.

ST renewal D Day.

He has got six weeks.

They'll all come back if Hearts are winning anyway - in fact, they'll all be moaning about the ticket office because they can't get a ticket.

Bootboy100
You're wrong mate.

ST renewal D Day.

I would agree that a manager needs to be in place within 2 weeks and possbly the departing players within the next 2 days however the rest can wait 6 weeks.

;)

You're wrong mate.

ST renewal D Day.

Thats what I think too.

Most people on here when given a deadline for turning things around have said it must be done by June.

I hope it happens...another 6 weeks would finish me off.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree - I have 30 June in my head as a deadline. At the moment, new strips and a renewal to Hearts World depend on the next six weeks.

Hans von Luck

Not alot is going to happen until all the games in the SPL have finished.

If we are going for MM, remember we only had about 12 players on the books before GB took over.

walton1983
I would agree that a manager needs to be in place within 2 weeks and possbly the departing players within the next 2 days however the rest can wait 6 weeks.

;)

A new manager will maybe help a bit short term but as long as Romanov owns Hearts nothing will change for the better. He will always interfere and be the dictator he is.:sad:

End of June I think, but we can do deals now, before it opens.

McCann is away so that is some good news (wast of wages this time IMO)

Managaer is a priority over players though, and a coaching team, not just Frail

zicoinexile

How many more deadlines?

On 1st January, the deadline was 31st January - for a new manager, signings etc.

You can have all the deadlines you wish - the only one that matters is the date that VR wants to sell/cut his losses on his "toy".

Give it 2 weeks,6 weeks,2months,FFS people change their "untill...." every fecking week and when that date arrives they have another excuse to put another date on when "enough is enough",Vlad loves you guy's,throw money at him regrdless.

My ST money and the cash I will save going to games next season went on a great 5 day pesh up in Benidorm with my mates,great memories that will stay with me for ages,unlike watching Hearts,very forgetable.

Don't think it'll really matter to be honest because Romanov's enthusiasm for Hearts ran out a long time ago. A few fans ditching their season ticket wont worry him. He's has gotten away with murder for years and the fans have unequivacolly backed him throughout. Can't see this being any different.

Buffalo Bill
Now that this god awful season has now ended in total embarrassment. Our thoughts and attentions turn to the build up to pre-season.

So in the next 6 weeks VR and his cronies need to achieve the following:

A new Manager

A clear out of god knows how many players

Bring in quality and experienced players

Keep Malofeev a million miles away from Pre-Season

If a manager is appointed then leave him the **** alone to do the job.

If the above is achieved by the time pre season starts then we might just have something to be optimistic about for the 08/09 season however failure to do so may just tip the majority over the edge.

Very good post, mate; it says it all.

I don't buy into the whole "but we were saying that last summer" thing. I think this whole 'pyramid' cycle had to run it's sorry course which [EDIT: hopefully] ended last night.

I hate saying this, but I'm glad we lost our last three games: if that means we'll get our manager.

Vlad has failed us for two years with his crazy methods. Now it's time to deliver.

Buffalo Bill

The Future's Maroon
Not alot is going to happen until all the games in the SPL have finished.

If we are going for MM, remember we only had about 12 players on the books before GB took over.

I agree, once the SPL games are over (maybe even the SC Final) if, and thats a big if, there has been talks with someone who is currently in a job we need an announcement asap? Again, if, this is the case they have a fair bit of work to do in clearing out the deadwood and big earners who just didnt do this year and start to look into bringing in his own players.

But I fear that, like the last two and a half year, thats just going to be wishful thinking.

Now technically the season is over we look to next season....nah, I am still looking back at one of the worst seasons I have witnessed in my life as a Jambo. Ok we got beat last night, surley that has to be a big wake up call to all concerned at the club....but will it?

Six weeks - no way.

I said on another thread last night that even two weeks is pushing it for the action we need to see.

Frail out - today. Why wait? Send a message of intent to the fans.

Manager: they've had more than four months. No candidate still has fixtures to fulfil. It should all be tied up by the end of the week.

Unless, of course, they've been spouting lies and nothing has been done about a manager...

Following Vlad's takeover the biggest 6 weeks of his era at Hearts were those between finishing second and the start of the next season

That was the one chance we might get in our history to kick on to the next level

Our lowly position should not allow history to be rewritten

Hopefully the next six weeks are the most important and significant for the fans vis-a-vis their relationship with Vlad.

EG that it is sorted out, one way or another, for good.

Very good post, mate; it says it all.

It is a good post mate

It is exactly what we needed last close season also

Exactly

Guest Dipped Flake

I suppose it might be a good thing we lost these last 3 games as it shows (to us and hopefully Romanov) that Frail is not the man to lead us next season. I would like to see him stay on in some capacity but surely now we will see a new manager come in. If not, and we end up appointing Frail as manager then I really can't see many turning up next season, even those who have bought STs already (including myself)

Bootboy100
How many more deadlines?

On 1st January, the deadline was 31st January - for a new manager, signings etc.

You can have all the deadlines you wish - the only one that matters is the date that VR wants to sell/cut his losses on his "toy".

My OP was nothing to do with deadlines or I wont return etc etc.

I was pointing out that the next 6 weeks will shape how next season may just fair for us. If all the right things are done in this period then we may have reasons to be optimistic if not then it may be more of the same for next season.

Don't think it'll really matter to be honest because Romanov's enthusiasm for Hearts ran out a long time ago. A few fans ditching their season ticket wont worry him. He's has gotten away with murder for years and the fans have unequivacolly backed him throughout. Can't see this being any different.

I have often felt that it ran out last season when we got knocked out of Europe. I have also felt that he doesn't have the same control anyway as he sold his shares to the Bank who now own 81% of the club. Although he is the major shareholder in the Bank he is not the majority shareholder.

Archived